2017 Year End Awards Announcement

Sound off on the year end awards and nominate the year's best!
WOODMO
Site Admin

2017 Year End Awards Announcement

Post by WOODMO »

*New General Rule: Maximum of 8 Choices in any Poll.

Celebrity Meeter of the Year
In a change of pace from year’s past, we’ll have two stage voting for the illustrious Marked Out Meeter of the Year. In stage 1, we ask you to select the two members who deserve to square off in the final round for the title. Once voting has ended, we’ll have a new poll with a head to head matchup!

Coolest Pro Op of the Year
In this category, we’re looking for the coolest pro-style photo op this year! These can be paid or free, but there were several that had the star power or awesome groupings that really knocked people’s socks off!
*Admins will select at most TWO nominations per Member

Greatest Street Photo this Year
Street meets are never easy, and many of our great members have posted ones which really make you wish you were there too. Let’s see them!

Sports/Wrestling Photo of the Year
Sports and Wrestling collecting often overlap. What was the best photo for this sub-genre in 2017?

Most Unique Photo of the Year
Sometimes imagination and/or luck goes a long way in getting great photos that we the fans long for. Props, poses, being suited, or just plain having a great time with a celebrity. Whose was the neatest?

Best Celebrity Meet of the Year
The members of Marked Out meet some incredible celebrities each and every year. Often multiple people participate in the same meets. What was the best celebrity meet, the one nobody should have skipped?

Top Convention of the Year
Which convention, big or small, stood out the most in 2017 for star power, ease, fan experience, etc.?

Nicest Autograph of the Year
Who obtained the finest autograph this year?

Outstanding Project of the Year
It’s a great feeling when you’ve (mostly) completed an autograph project. Which have been put away for keeps this year? If you nominated this project last year, it’s disqualified.

Worst Photo of the Year
Need’s no explanation. What was the absolute crappiest photo fail this year?

Funniest BTS Capture of the Year
We always encourage behind the scenes photos to be posted. What was the funniest captured on camera?
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: 2017 Year End Awards Announcement

Post by WOODMO »

And to answer questions I see arising, we did not forget any omitted category, we consciously decided to abandon some and this was the list we settled on.

I think limiting nominations per person, and keeping categories to a maximum number of choices will help things remain more focused. The years where you would have 20 options with some members having 4 each was extremely diluted. We should be nominating our best and coolest and this will hopefully cause more self reflection when selecting nominees.

Later today I will make some nomination threads for each category so we can begin compiling lists.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Well I'll start sifting through reports (gahhhhhhhh) to see what was missed, this week. Too f-ing cold to go outside.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Greg2600 wrote: December 26th, 2017, 10:14 am Well I'll start sifting through reports (gahhhhhhhh) to see what was missed, this week. Too f-ing cold to go outside.
You, Joresky, and heelorton should put your own nominations. That would be a good start and reduce work.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

I've scoured the site, and making additions now. Unfortunately several people's reports have broken links due to Photobucket, linking to Facebook (bad idea), and I guess removal of a Flickr account, so I had to skip those.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast