Top Convention of Year

Locked

PICK TOP 2

ACE Comic Con - Long Island
8
21%
Wizard World - Philadelphia
1
3%
RICC
10
26%
Star Wars Celebration
3
8%
NYCC
8
21%
MM Cherry Hill - August
5
13%
Fan Expo Canada
3
8%
 
Total votes: 38

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7239
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Top Convention of Year

Post by WOODMO » December 31st, 2017, 10:40 am

Sound off!


User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 5608
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by class316 » December 31st, 2017, 1:00 pm

Tough one for me, but I voted NYCC and RICC.

NYCC I paid for one op and got tons without paying. RICC had an incredible line up even after all the cancellations.
Last edited by class316 on January 4th, 2018, 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7239
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by WOODMO » December 31st, 2017, 1:02 pm

For me, I am going ACE and RICC

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4506
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by Greg2600 » December 31st, 2017, 6:14 pm

RICC was nice, but Star Wars kicked the rest's collective asses. Sure you may have had to be there, but for who it catered to, it was a huge blast. ACE can suck my you know what. Fan Expo was a great con, I highly recommend it to others.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 5608
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by class316 » December 31st, 2017, 6:23 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
December 31st, 2017, 6:14 pm
RICC was nice, but Star Wars kicked the rest's collective asses. Sure you may have had to be there, but for who it catered to, it was a huge blast. ACE can suck my you know what. Fan Expo was a great con, I highly recommend it to others.
Even if I were at Star Wars I wouldn't have voted that one as it didn't have much I needed photo op wise. I needed like 3 people there and got two of them NYCC week (Felicity at the con and SMG for free). Ironically, if Riz hadn't been a dick I would have had all 3 people NYCC week.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/


User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4506
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by Greg2600 » December 31st, 2017, 6:26 pm

What you need from a convention should have NOTHING to do with the choice.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 5608
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by class316 » December 31st, 2017, 6:28 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
December 31st, 2017, 6:26 pm
What you need from a convention should have NOTHING to do with the choice.
That's how I choose. Cause for me the ultimate goal is the photo op. It's the be all and end all. So what photo ops I get from the con determines how good the con is for me.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4506
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by Greg2600 » December 31st, 2017, 6:30 pm

class316 wrote:
December 31st, 2017, 6:28 pm
Greg2600 wrote:
December 31st, 2017, 6:26 pm
What you need from a convention should have NOTHING to do with the choice.
That's how I choose. Cause for me the ultimate goal is the photo op. It's the be all and end all. So what photo ops I get from the con determines how good the con is for me.
So if a con had Arnold, Stallone, Hogan, Harrison Ford, and Julie Andrews, you would ignore it because you had them???? :killme:
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 5608
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by class316 » December 31st, 2017, 6:35 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
December 31st, 2017, 6:30 pm


So if a con had Arnold, Stallone, Hogan, Harrison Ford, and Julie Andrews, you would ignore it because you had them???? :killme:
well moot point cause better chance combo hunting virgins lose their virginity than this happening
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7239
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by WOODMO » December 31st, 2017, 7:05 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
December 31st, 2017, 6:14 pm
RICC was nice, but Star Wars kicked the rest's collective asses. Sure you may have had to be there, but for who it catered to, it was a huge blast. ACE can suck my you know what. Fan Expo was a great con, I highly recommend it to others.
ACE was perfect once everyone got inside on Friday. Besides a long wait for a refund, which was necessitated by snow, what was your gripe with Saturday?

And I get the "once everyone got inside" is a big pill to swallow, but still.

User avatar
djknightrida
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1734
Joined: December 22nd, 2011, 8:39 am

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by djknightrida » December 31st, 2017, 7:52 pm

RICC & SWC for me. Still wish I had gone to Florida even with the mishandling. The lineup was just amazing.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4506
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by Greg2600 » December 31st, 2017, 8:24 pm

WOODMO wrote:
December 31st, 2017, 7:05 pm
ACE was perfect once everyone got inside on Friday. Besides a long wait for a refund, which was necessitated by snow, what was your gripe with Saturday?

And I get the "once everyone got inside" is a big pill to swallow, but still.
TBH, in general it was the lack of anything but cattle call graph and photos. SWC had some great cosplay, vehicles to play on, and had so many living Star Wars principle there including Lucas and Ford, in some form or another. Only paid spot for Gellar, etc.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7239
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by WOODMO » December 31st, 2017, 8:31 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
December 31st, 2017, 8:24 pm
WOODMO wrote:
December 31st, 2017, 7:05 pm
ACE was perfect once everyone got inside on Friday. Besides a long wait for a refund, which was necessitated by snow, what was your gripe with Saturday?

And I get the "once everyone got inside" is a big pill to swallow, but still.
TBH, in general it was the lack of anything but cattle call graph and photos. SWC had some great cosplay, vehicles to play on, and had so many living Star Wars principle there including Lucas and Ford, in some form or another. Only paid spot for Gellar, etc.
Oh yeah I wasn't arguing it as one of your votes, just meant I think you give ACE a bit too much flack. I expected it to be a complete disaster, yet it delivered on pretty much every level.

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1109
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by ICW » December 31st, 2017, 9:00 pm

Did you have to attend to vote? I didn't go to RICC or ACE but both were superior to anything else (on paper).

NYCC sucked.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/


Locked