Site Admin

Top Convention of Year

Post by WOODMO »

Sound off!
class316
Marked Out God

Re: Top Convention of Year

Post by class316 »

Tough one for me, but I voted NYCC and RICC.

NYCC I paid for one op and got tons without paying. RICC had an incredible line up even after all the cancellations.
Last edited by class316 on January 4th, 2018, 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

For me, I am going ACE and RICC
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

RICC was nice, but Star Wars kicked the rest's collective asses. Sure you may have had to be there, but for who it catered to, it was a huge blast. ACE can suck my you know what. Fan Expo was a great con, I highly recommend it to others.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Greg2600 wrote: December 31st, 2017, 6:14 pm RICC was nice, but Star Wars kicked the rest's collective asses. Sure you may have had to be there, but for who it catered to, it was a huge blast. ACE can suck my you know what. Fan Expo was a great con, I highly recommend it to others.
Even if I were at Star Wars I wouldn't have voted that one as it didn't have much I needed photo op wise. I needed like 3 people there and got two of them NYCC week (Felicity at the con and SMG for free). Ironically, if Riz hadn't been a dick I would have had all 3 people NYCC week.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

What you need from a convention should have NOTHING to do with the choice.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Greg2600 wrote: December 31st, 2017, 6:26 pm What you need from a convention should have NOTHING to do with the choice.
That's how I choose. Cause for me the ultimate goal is the photo op. It's the be all and end all. So what photo ops I get from the con determines how good the con is for me.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

class316 wrote: December 31st, 2017, 6:28 pm
Greg2600 wrote: December 31st, 2017, 6:26 pm What you need from a convention should have NOTHING to do with the choice.
That's how I choose. Cause for me the ultimate goal is the photo op. It's the be all and end all. So what photo ops I get from the con determines how good the con is for me.
So if a con had Arnold, Stallone, Hogan, Harrison Ford, and Julie Andrews, you would ignore it because you had them???? :killme:
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Greg2600 wrote: December 31st, 2017, 6:30 pm

So if a con had Arnold, Stallone, Hogan, Harrison Ford, and Julie Andrews, you would ignore it because you had them???? :killme:
well moot point cause better chance combo hunting virgins lose their virginity than this happening
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Greg2600 wrote: December 31st, 2017, 6:14 pm RICC was nice, but Star Wars kicked the rest's collective asses. Sure you may have had to be there, but for who it catered to, it was a huge blast. ACE can suck my you know what. Fan Expo was a great con, I highly recommend it to others.
ACE was perfect once everyone got inside on Friday. Besides a long wait for a refund, which was necessitated by snow, what was your gripe with Saturday?

And I get the "once everyone got inside" is a big pill to swallow, but still.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

RICC & SWC for me. Still wish I had gone to Florida even with the mishandling. The lineup was just amazing.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

WOODMO wrote: December 31st, 2017, 7:05 pm ACE was perfect once everyone got inside on Friday. Besides a long wait for a refund, which was necessitated by snow, what was your gripe with Saturday?

TBH, in general it was the lack of anything but cattle call graph and photos. SWC had some great cosplay, vehicles to play on, and had so many living Star Wars principle there including Lucas and Ford, in some form or another. Only paid spot for Gellar, etc.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Greg2600 wrote: December 31st, 2017, 8:24 pm
WOODMO wrote: December 31st, 2017, 7:05 pm ACE was perfect once everyone got inside on Friday. Besides a long wait for a refund, which was necessitated by snow, what was your gripe with Saturday?

TBH, in general it was the lack of anything but cattle call graph and photos. SWC had some great cosplay, vehicles to play on, and had so many living Star Wars principle there including Lucas and Ford, in some form or another. Only paid spot for Gellar, etc.
Oh yeah I wasn't arguing it as one of your votes, just meant I think you give ACE a bit too much flack. I expected it to be a complete disaster, yet it delivered on pretty much every level.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Did you have to attend to vote? I didn't go to RICC or ACE but both were superior to anything else (on paper).

NYCC sucked.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/