2%
djknightrida & The Blacklist Duo
No votes

Total votes: 56

wewantflair
Site Admin

Re: Greatest Street Photo of the Year

Post by wewantflair »

I always thought this category was weird. Is rarity the biggest factor? If it is, it’s quantifiable and not worth voting on. I remember a few years ago JJ had a pic on the street of JDM swinging a bat at his head. JDM is super nice and common and you can get a pro op of him doing that, but it was still an amazing street shot.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

wewantflair wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 4:06 pm I always thought this category was weird. Is rarity the biggest factor? If it is, it’s quantifiable and not worth voting on. I remember a few years ago JJ had a pic on the street of JDM swinging a bat at his head. JDM is super nice and common and you can get a pro op of him doing that, but it was still an amazing street shot.
I guess like any category people can vote based on whatever criteria they choose. Objectively speaking both lists of :pauuuse: and :joresky: were less than stellar compared to the other 3. Yet they each got more than 1 vote. So someone besides them found a reason to vote for their lists.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

wewantflair wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 4:06 pm I always thought this category was weird. Is rarity the biggest factor? If it is, it’s quantifiable and not worth voting on. I remember a few years ago JJ had a pic on the street of JDM swinging a bat at his head. JDM is super nice and common and you can get a pro op of him doing that, but it was still an amazing street shot.
For me, rarity is a big part of it, right on-par with the overall quality of shot.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

class316 wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 4:10 pm
I guess like any category people can vote based on whatever criteria they choose. Objectively speaking both lists of :pauuuse: and :joresky: were less than stellar compared to the other 3. Yet they each got more than 1 vote. So someone besides them found a reason to vote for their lists.
I didn’t even vote for myself, fwiw.
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 »

class316 wrote: January 2nd, 2018, 4:10 pm
I guess like any category people can vote based on whatever criteria they choose. Objectively speaking both lists of :pauuuse: and :joresky: were less than stellar
I don't know-to me that's subjective, not objective. I told Woodmo this already, and I will go on record saying that IMO Woodmo's list was every bit as solid as Greg's this year.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Well you know the other "issue" is that Class had to bribe Bill Murray, so technically that was a PRO OP, and therefore may well :invalid: in this category.....
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Greg2600 wrote: January 4th, 2018, 1:11 am Well you know the other "issue" is that Class had to bribe Bill Murray, so technically that was a PRO OP, and therefore may well :invalid: in this category.....
Not a pro op as I selfied it with my own camera.

It was on the street, hence valid street op :yes:
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Might hear this in the near future.....

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Calling this a pro op is about as logical as calling a $20 table op at Monstermania or Chiller a "pro op" So pretty cut and dry that it's not a pro op.

And given that it took place on the street at 3AM, it's a street meet.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Greg2600 wrote: January 4th, 2018, 1:11 am Well you know the other "issue" is that Class had to bribe Bill Murray, so technically that was a PRO OP, and therefore may well :invalid: in this category.....
The definition of :invalid:

Never heard of anyone paying for a street op. Thus why they are street ops. Class' Murray should be immediately disqualified from this category. His Willis still valid unless he pleaded with the promise of payout there too. :punches:
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

If you paid for a photo op, you paid for a photo op.

I wouldn't classify it as a "pro" photo op but, also, not a strue street photo
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

First off it was a "donation" not a bribe.

However, even if the mods were to enact this new rule that donations or bribes invalidate a street meet nomination, it still wouldn't apply to my Bill Murray street shot because it would be grandfathered :boom:
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

I don’t want to derail this but to me the integral aspect of this category was the free aspect. The street didn’t really matter, it could be inside a hotel lobby or anywhere, so long as free and using your own phone or camera.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

class316 wrote: January 4th, 2018, 12:35 pm Calling this a pro op is about as logical as calling a $20 table op at Monstermania or Chiller a "pro op" So pretty cut and dry that it's not a pro op.

And given that it took place on the street at 3AM, it's a street meet.
This ends the discussion. People pay for selfies at cons all the time. But those selfies would not be considered "pro ops". Regardless of payment or not, class is NOT a professional photographer and thus this would NOT be valid for a "pro op".