NECA movie line figures

All things Action Figure related. From discussion to prototypes!
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Re: NECA movie line figures

Post by AJLe »

Doctor Satan wrote:Dude there's WWAAAYYY more than that. There's predators from part 1, 2 predators, AvP and the comics. Thats not counting the 6 or 7, 2 Packs
I found this graphic that lists NECA's entire Predator line. Don't know how old it is, but it has pics of roughly 50 Predator-related figs!

http://necaonline.com/wp-content/upload ... 3_1920.jpg

Also, NECA's twitter put up this preliminary head sculpt of the retro Chop Top (from Texas Chainsaw 2) that's coming out this year. Definitely a future buy for me.

Gumby
Marked Out King

Post by Gumby »

Dude there's WWAAAYYY more than that. There's predators from part 1, 2 predators, AvP and the comics. Thats not counting the 6 or 7, 2 Packs
I know that there are a lot of Predator figures based on various media. All I ever see at shows or on shelves are the shitty AvP/Predators/etc figures that nobody cares about and was wondering why -unlike the ALIEN line- there weren't too many based on the design from the original films. After a little google search I found that there actually are a good chunk of figures based on them, which is the list I posted.

For anyone interested, over the last few weeks on toyark dot com they've been doing a lot of articles on NECA such as company/line history, interviews and look backs at past lines like the gone-too-soon CULT CLASSICS. You'll have to do some scrolling to find the articles but it's great reading
Doctor Satan
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Doctor Satan »

AJLe wrote:
Doctor Satan wrote:Dude there's WWAAAYYY more than that. There's predators from part 1, 2 predators, AvP and the comics. Thats not counting the 6 or 7, 2 Packs
I found this graphic that lists NECA's entire Predator line. Don't know how old it is, but it has pics of roughly 50 Predator-related figs!

http://necaonline.com/wp-content/upload ... 3_1920.jpg

Also, NECA's twitter put up this preliminary head sculpt of the retro Chop Top (from Texas Chainsaw 2) that's coming out this year. Definitely a future buy for me.

that list is old LOL. heres the most recent list including 3 upcoming series. also I technically wouldn't count the first 7 predators on this list as part of the series only because they came out in 07-08 when AvP-R came out and they are in totally different packaging and there was an Alien and The predalien in that series. and yes I know this because I have every Pred on this list :yikes:

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

Doctor Satan wrote:
that list is old LOL. heres the most recent list including 3 upcoming series. also I technically wouldn't count the first 7 predators on this list as part of the series only because they came out in 07-08 when AvP-R came out and they are in totally different packaging and there was an Alien and The predalien in that series. and yes I know this because I have every Pred on this list :yikes:
WOW, that's impressive. :clap:

I'd like to have an old-school Pred from the original, so what would you recommend as the best '87 Predator in the line as far as detail and movie accuracy? I think NECA tweeted out that they're planning to do the '87 in the Ultimate line, so that will probably eventually be the gold standard, but that's probably at least a year or so away.
Doctor Satan
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Doctor Satan »

AJLe wrote:
Doctor Satan wrote:
WOW, that's impressive. :clap:

I'd like to have an old-school Pred from the original, so what would you recommend as the best '87 Predator in the line as far as detail and movie accuracy? I think NECA tweeted out that they're planning to do the '87 in the Ultimate line, so that will probably eventually be the gold standard, but that's probably at least a year or so away.

honestly all the preds are sweet. I like that they made every pred from part 2 and they even made a few 19" Preds from part 2. I recently picked up the AvP preds and Holy shit they're Awesome. the link to my collection is in my sig. I gotta take updated pics which im hoping to do soon
Gumby
Marked Out King

Post by Gumby »

I think NECA tweeted out that they're planning to do the '87 in the Ultimate line
Oh, cool!
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

And now a Weird Al fig?!?!?!
Gumby
Marked Out King

Post by Gumby »

The Weird Al figure looks pretty awesome and it's the first of many to be released in 2016/2017. Fingers crossed we get a Noodles MacIntosh!
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

At Toy Fair, NECA announced a Ultimate Jason Voorhees Part 3 figure for this summer. Looks like yet another home run:
UltimateJason.jpg
UltimateJason.jpg (58.5 KiB) Viewed 23439 times
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

More reveals from NECA at Toy Fair:
NECA-Bill-and-Ted-Wyld-Stallyns-Set-1.jpg
NECA-Bill-and-Ted-Wyld-Stallyns-Set-1.jpg (215.65 KiB) Viewed 23390 times
NECA-Rocky-3-Blue-Trunks-Clubber-Lang.jpg
NECA-Rocky-3-Blue-Trunks-Clubber-Lang.jpg (113.27 KiB) Viewed 23390 times
NECA-Rocky-3-One-Sheet-Rocky-Balboa.jpg
NECA-Rocky-3-One-Sheet-Rocky-Balboa.jpg (111.47 KiB) Viewed 23390 times
NECA-Terminator-Ultimate-Tech-Noir-T-800.jpg
NECA-Terminator-Ultimate-Tech-Noir-T-800.jpg (53.11 KiB) Viewed 23390 times
Gumby
Marked Out King

Post by Gumby »

Not from NECA but it's movie figure related-

Pop Culture Shock will be producing figure from An American Werewolf in London and The Thing in both the 7 and 12 inch scale. More details revealed in May but for now, enjoy these prototype photos

http://news.toyark.com/2016/04/24/pcs-r ... oza-202671
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

Look decent, but odd that they would proceed with even doing prototypes before they nailed down likeness rights from Naughton. Wouldn't that be like the VERY first thing you would deal with?
Gumby
Marked Out King

Post by Gumby »

Not odd at all, it's common practice.

Prototypes are made not only to show product to potential retailers/consumers but also to show people/estates whose likeness might be needed, what the product would look like. Most often they get approved with little to no problems but sometimes people refuse to participate. Case in point: there was supposed to be a Kate figure in the Gremlins ReAction line but Phoebe Cates declined, the figure not meeting her approval, and the figure was cancelled.