NECA SDCC Figures are TMNT The Arcade Game!!

All things Action Figure related. From discussion to prototypes!
lanza218
Site Admin

NECA SDCC Figures are TMNT The Arcade Game!!

Post by lanza218 »

NEWSTOY/ACTION FIGURES
NECA REVEALS TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES ARCADE GAME FIGURES

Justin W JUSTIN W ·MAY 23, 2016
1 COMMENT 0 534 0
The new SDCC exclusive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade game figures from NECA. Source: NECA. The new SDCC exclusive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade game figures from NECA. Source: NECA.
If you ask any Ninja Turtles fan about their favorite TMNT games, chances are that one of the two arcade games developed by Konami will be at the top of their list. Several shellheads have a lot of nostalgia for both the original TMNT arcade game and its sequel, Turtles in Time. Both games were so popular that they eventually got released on the NES and SNES system respectively.

Sadly, after the second arcade game, we really didn’t see any titles that came very close to recreating the magic of these two arcade classics, and they went down in history as some of the greatest Ninja Turtles games of all time. Perhaps that is why NECA has decided to create a line of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game figures!

Earlier today, the brilliant minds at NECA revealed that they are producing a series of TMNT figures based on the original arcade games. Each figure is designed to look strikingly similar to its counterpart in the game, with a pixelated paint job that truly makes the set feel like the action has literally jumped off the screen.

The new line of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game figures from NECA. Source: NECA.
The new line of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game figures from NECA. Source: NECA.
There are two sets in total, with all four turtles being sold together in the first set and all four villains (Shredder and three members of his Foot clan) combined for the second set. With all eight Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game figures, you’ll be able to set up a pretty awesome scene for display!
As you may have guessed, there is a bit of a catch to this new collection of NECA TMNT figures. Sadly, they are SDCC exclusives, which means you will have to fight the crowds at Comic-con in order to get them. If you don’t get these at Comic-con, chances are that you will be paying a bit of a premium price for them on the secondary market. Hey, it could be worse – you could be paying over $2,000 for those Prime 1 Studios TMNT statues!

Even if the demand for these Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game figures far outweighs the supply, something tells me you still won’t be paying thousands of dollars to bring them home. NECA is pretty fair with their pricing, so I’m sure these will be at least somewhat affordable for most fans.

Each figure represents an entirely new mold from NECA, and each set includes special little extras related to the game. For instance, in one set you will receive the pixelated pizza power up from the game, which is something that I’m sure a lot of TMNT fans will cherish.

You’ve got to hand it to this company; first they reveal a plan to release figures based on the 90’s TMNT movie, and now they’re releasing a set of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game figures! I don’t know about you, but I think that’s pretty awesome.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Re: NECA SDCC Figures are TMNT The Arcade Game!!

Post by Greg2600 »

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
Gumby
Marked Out King

Re: NECA SDCC Figures are TMNT The Arcade Game!!

Post by Gumby »

Glad you like these Greg. These are some of the best video game themed figures that NECA has put out. Hope you are all able to get a set!