His career is over. Unbelievable.

Lesnar will now have main eventer UFC 100 & 200
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
Greg2600
Site Admin

Re: Jon Jones caught doping...off UFC 200

Post by Greg2600 »

Good, I barely follow UFC, but I never liked Jones. Thought he was smug, and evidently, a repeated cheater.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

His sample B came back positive. His career is far from over. He will serve his 2 year suspension and return.

Lesnar will not be main eventing. Tate has been moved to the main event. I see the Lesnar fight with either Lesnar dominating or Hunt dominating. Dont see any in betweens. If Lesnar is ready, he will....if he is not, Hunt will.

Jon Jones is anything but smug. SUPER nice guy and best pound for pound fighter in UFC. As far as this issue....I will wait and hope to hear exactly what he was busted for. Its not weed or coke or crack, etc. They dont test for that. Its a PED of some sort....but in the PED list is a number of supplements that you can purchase right at GNC. How or why UFC is more concerned with their fighters purchasing a legal supplement vs. using hardcore drugs is beyond me. If he is on roids or HGH...he's a cheat. I dont care if Diaz is right and he says "everyone in UFC is on roids". Not everyone. Maybe a lot...but not everyone.
Nightshift
Marking Out Amateur

Post by Nightshift »

cmshowstopper wrote:His sample B came back positive. His career is far from over. He will serve his 2 year suspension and return.

Lesnar will not be main eventing. Tate has been moved to the main event. I see the Lesnar fight with either Lesnar dominating or Hunt dominating. Dont see any in betweens. If Lesnar is ready, he will....if he is not, Hunt will.

Jon Jones is anything but smug. SUPER nice guy and best pound for pound fighter in UFC. As far as this issue....I will wait and hope to hear exactly what he was busted for. Its not weed or coke or crack, etc. They dont test for that. Its a PED of some sort....but in the PED list is a number of supplements that you can purchase right at GNC. How or why UFC is more concerned with their fighters purchasing a legal supplement vs. using hardcore drugs is beyond me. If he is on roids or HGH...he's a cheat. I dont care if Diaz is right and he says "everyone in UFC is on roids". Not everyone. Maybe a lot...but not everyone.
I think UFC taking a stand on roid/PED use can be best explained from something I just recently read:

With concussion lawsuits and brain studies and everything that happened to the WWE in the 80s and Cycling post Armstrong, the UFC didn’t want to become known for roids/peds. If you think of how popular Ronda was, and to how many millions of people who only know the UFC as "that thing that Ronda does" imagine if a star like her suddenly had whispers about roid/ped use, like Hogan did in the 80s suddenly, and then suddenly the whole image of the sport in one day changes to "they are all on roids, didn’t you know that". It’s hard to come back from that.

MMA has always had a freakshow feel and the more eyes on you, the easier it could be potentially to have one fuck up and eliminate all the good that has been done to change the sports image. Better they control it, through USADA, and get ahead of it, looking like they are doing something about it rather than have it seem like some secret people have discovered.

Toss in the whole possibility or eventuality that someone will die in the ring, it’s far better the narrative is immediately "that guy cheated and is to blame" than "they all cheat, and the entire sport is to blame".
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

Nate...so you dont think being on coke or heroine could cause a massive black eye for UFC?

I am certainly not saying that I dont want them tested. Of course I do. I feel steroids is cheating....plain and simple. You are cheating the sport, the fans, your opponent and yourself. But taking C4 from GNC?! If C4 is potentially dangerous, I would like this information to be released by the USADA and have the govt. ban it like they have banned steroids.

As far as the whispers....we are PASSED that. Those whispers are more like regular chatter. Ronda on roids has been talked about, debated, mentioned numerous times. Diaz just talked about it at a presser. Hunt is accusing Brock of being on them currently. Roids is a daily topic when it comes to UFC. I think in every major sport....it basically is. NFL, NBA, MLB....all of them are constantly talking roids. I do agree that UFC would suffer more than those leagues for stars being busted. I just think UFC should be equally concerned with other drugs as well as PEDs.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Even if it isnt roids, the athletes are taking something to help them, even if not technically banned
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

lanza218 wrote:Even if it isnt roids, the athletes are taking something to help them, even if not technically banned
I think thats crazy to say. There are PLENTY of things fighters or athletes take that assist them in performance. There's water, Gatorade or Powerade (they claim to replace electrolytes faster), non banned substances from GNC, caffeine, exercise, equipment that you work out with...these are all items that you can use that can affect one's performance....some more than others.

Im not gonna argue whats on the list and what isnt. I honestly do not even know what supplements are on it, outside that there are several items that can be purchased at a health store that are banned. But for me personally, there is a distinct difference from a fighter who uses a GNC supplement that is banned and one that is using roids. They may be punished the same....but in my eyes, I dont care.

Weed is another thing I dont care about athletes using. Some states have even legalized it. I wish the federal govt. would step in on this issue instead of having each state decide for themselves. Nonetheless, an athlete who is suspended for that vs. the one that is suspended for heroine.....or hell lets say the one suspended for domestic abuse....give me the weed guy.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Olympics have confirmed this already. Past samples that are tested now come up positive when before were negative because of the new policies
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

lanza218 wrote:Olympics have confirmed this already. Past samples that are tested now come up positive when before were negative because of the new policies

Ok...so?
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

It proves atheltes are a step ahead of the process and will always find something that is legal at the time or is hidden
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

lanza218 wrote:It proves atheltes are a step ahead of the process and will always find something that is legal at the time or is hidden
Whether or not something from GNC eventually is ruled illegal....I dont really see how thats relevant. I dont care about wrestlers who used roids before they became illegal. Just like I dont care about athletes who use Gatorade. Everyone is looking to become the best they absolutely can be. Thats why they look for whatever advantage they can. Whether its something they put in their body, coaches to hire, workout regimen, sparring partners, equipment....whatever. As a kid I wanted Jordans because I thought they would help my game and I could jump higher with them. We ALL look for whatever advantage we can get that is legal.

All I am saying is taking a supplement that is banned, in my eyes, is NOT as bad as taking steroids. Not because one provides a better advantage than the other. Simply because one is proven to be harmful to the human body and provides an EXCESSIVE competitive advantage.
Nightshift
Marking Out Amateur

Post by Nightshift »

Not saying this anything to due with Jon Jones......but his brother Arthur was just suspended for 4 games by NFL for PED use. That's a coincidence or just weird?