New to TTM.. Got some questions

Discuss autographs through the mail, your successes, your failures, who signs, etc.
Squarefish

New to TTM.. Got some questions

Post by Squarefish » February 20th, 2012, 9:47 pm

So I got to thinking about giving TTM a shot for some Hockey graphs. To me it would be cheaper than getting them thru an NHL auction. I have an idea where to start but what is the best thing to get signed by an athlete? I understand to go for the lower end players as they would mostly sign and not your top guys.

I see a lot of people using custom cards - now is this a custom made photoshop document, or is this something you can get off the internet? I don't want to get into a copyright battle with the person who may sign my item. :cop: Any ideas? The reason why I ask this is because I want to start with a team in Canada - Actually the Calgary Hitmen. Most may not have cards, or if they do I may not want to shill out the cash to get them. Can I just whip up a quick google imaged PSD and print it at Walmart or at home? Or are there sites who have the images available?

Thanks for any and all help.

Squarefish

Squarefish

Re: New to TTM.. Got some questions

Post by Squarefish » February 21st, 2012, 9:23 pm

Just picked up some trading cards. I know people use these for ttm. Now which ones should I use baby powder on? Do you generally just drop the card in an envelope along with a SASE and a letter?

Thanks for your help.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: New to TTM.. Got some questions

Post by WOODMO » February 21st, 2012, 9:39 pm

Use anything you won't mind losing. It could get lost in the mail or just not returned by an unwilling athlete. I used to do TTM like 15 years ago before I discovered in person autographs and I only sent out duplicate trading cards I wouldn't feel bad to lose.