Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

This is the place to discuss Conventions
User avatar
capman
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 426
Joined: January 16th, 2015, 5:59 am

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by capman » September 30th, 2017, 6:48 pm

They posted this on Twitter and I would have to imagine this would really mean table ops of selfie or pro camera ( I have Class in mind when Writing this ):

“Can I take a selfie?

ACE Comic Con has a very select guest list, and a “no selfies allowed” policy. ”

User avatar
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1756
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by cmshowstopper » September 30th, 2017, 7:14 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
September 30th, 2017, 6:39 pm
They're going to sell sell sell photos way before autos given autos take longer.
I agree. Perhaps they wont add more autos till the day of the con then.
Image
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

Gumby
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 445
Joined: January 9th, 2016, 9:11 pm

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by Gumby » October 1st, 2017, 12:16 am

Peter David, Dan Jurgens, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez....the comics guests are legends.

User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 5499
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by class316 » October 1st, 2017, 12:58 am

I've gotten him but Dan Jurgens an awesome name as he worked on the Death of Superman story line. Even if you're not a fan great get if there name for everyone as comic names don't normally charge for photo ops.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

User avatar
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1756
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by cmshowstopper » October 1st, 2017, 6:19 pm

class316 wrote:
October 1st, 2017, 12:58 am
I've gotten him but Dan Jurgens an awesome name as he worked on the Death of Superman story line. Even if you're not a fan great get if there name for everyone as comic names don't normally charge for photo ops.
Jurgens is awesome. But he does ask for donations for some charity he will put a jug out for. I saw him flip out on this dude because he refused to donate. Not only did he yell at the guy, called him cheap....when the guy walked away...Jurgens pursued just to humiliate him. Literally, $1 and he will sign a bazillion and take a great photo.

Im not one to normally circum to this type of pressure...but for a $1, I did not want this angry old artist chasing me down at the con, screaming and pointing. Its worth the $1 to keep him at bay. Besides, the guy had like 200 comic books in a box he was trying to get signed.
Image
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

Gumby
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 445
Joined: January 9th, 2016, 9:11 pm

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by Gumby » October 3rd, 2017, 2:22 am

Good on Jurgens for calling the entitled jerk out. The charity is called the Hero Initiative and it does a lot of great work to help comic creators in times of need. A lot of the creators who put the jar out ask for a nominal fee- anywhere from $1-$5 or "pay what you can". Anyone who claims to love comics, but makes a stink about putting $1 or 2 into the jar (especially wanting a box of comics signed!) is not a real fan. People like that need to get out of the hobby. Thank you for paying the buck, CM. You may not know it, but you did a great thing and I can assure you that it went to a very worthy cause.

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4174
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by Greg2600 » October 4th, 2017, 5:12 pm

Ace Arizona guests go on sale tomorrow.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1756
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by cmshowstopper » October 4th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Gumby wrote:
October 3rd, 2017, 2:22 am
Good on Jurgens for calling the entitled jerk out. The charity is called the Hero Initiative and it does a lot of great work to help comic creators in times of need. A lot of the creators who put the jar out ask for a nominal fee- anywhere from $1-$5 or "pay what you can". Anyone who claims to love comics, but makes a stink about putting $1 or 2 into the jar (especially wanting a box of comics signed!) is not a real fan. People like that need to get out of the hobby. Thank you for paying the buck, CM. You may not know it, but you did a great thing and I can assure you that it went to a very worthy cause.
If I was dropping a box, I would have donated without needing Jurgerns flip out. But I got 2 books signed. I wouldnt actually ever bring a box like that anyway. Too much to lug around.
Image
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

User avatar
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1756
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by cmshowstopper » October 5th, 2017, 5:58 pm

Bella Twins added for Friday through Sunday
Image
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4174
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by Greg2600 » October 5th, 2017, 11:10 pm

cmshowstopper wrote:
October 5th, 2017, 5:58 pm
Bella Twins added for Friday through Sunday
Hmmmm, maybe they CAN get Cena?
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
jabronijosh04
Marking Out Amateur
Posts: 77
Joined: April 21st, 2010, 9:53 pm

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by jabronijosh04 » October 6th, 2017, 1:09 am

Greg2600 wrote:
October 5th, 2017, 11:10 pm
cmshowstopper wrote:
October 5th, 2017, 5:58 pm
Bella Twins added for Friday through Sunday
Hmmmm, maybe they CAN get Cena?
Wonder if they will bring in Cena and Daniel Bryan and do a photo up with the four of them

User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 5499
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by class316 » October 6th, 2017, 1:21 am

Considering Cena has done WW not sure why his inclusion here would be a revelation.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4174
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by Greg2600 » October 6th, 2017, 10:31 pm

Update: Bella Twins are FRIDAY only. VIP is 260. Dual Photo is 65, Dual Autograph is 50.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

User avatar
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1756
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by cmshowstopper » October 6th, 2017, 11:46 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
October 6th, 2017, 10:31 pm
Update: Bella Twins are FRIDAY only. VIP is 260. Dual Photo is 65, Dual Autograph is 50.
Saw that this morning. Wonder why the change?
Image
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4174
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Ace Comic Con - December 8,9,10 - Long Island, NY

Post by Greg2600 » October 7th, 2017, 12:12 am

cmshowstopper wrote:
October 6th, 2017, 11:46 pm
Greg2600 wrote:
October 6th, 2017, 10:31 pm
Update: Bella Twins are FRIDAY only. VIP is 260. Dual Photo is 65, Dual Autograph is 50.
Saw that this morning. Wonder why the change?
I'm sure this was always the plan, WWE for Friday, DC for the weekend.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flarrow17 and 4 guests