Heroes & Villains Fanfest- September 8-9, 2018- Edison, NJ

This is the place to discuss Conventions
Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Re: Heroes & Villains Fanfest- September 8-9, 2018- Edison, NJ

Post by Nicksfan23 » July 17th, 2018, 8:46 pm

they have not announced a single guest since the 25th of June, yet they have discounted tickets almost every other day and every weekend. They do not give any refunds and you can not even get a discounted price if you ordered tickets earlier even with the low number of signers. I did e-mail them and there only response was this...

we are still getting and announcing guests (one week ago)

They have said nothing on any social media site either which is really showing their poor customer service. CM is right they should just cancel the NJ show.

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » July 17th, 2018, 11:03 pm

Nicksfan23 wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 8:46 pm
they have not announced a single guest since the 25th of June, yet they have discounted tickets almost every other day and every weekend. They do not give any refunds and you can not even get a discounted price if you ordered tickets earlier even with the low number of signers. I did e-mail them and there only response was this...

we are still getting and announcing guests (one week ago)

They have said nothing on any social media site either which is really showing their poor customer service. CM is right they should just cancel the NJ show.
James said they will be announcing more guests soon. My guess they will just announce BD Wong and Victor Garber again. :dislike:

Its bad enough the show is lacking in guests but sending out an email that says NEW GUEST Announcements and then list the same repeated guests for NJ is rubbing salt in the wounds.
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 » July 18th, 2018, 7:35 pm

But you can get VIP passes that were supposedly limited quantity b1g1 half off. Oh joy

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 18th, 2018, 10:19 pm

The problem is a lot of the people that they bring to the show are based in LA or Vancouver and they don't want to pay for the flights.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » July 18th, 2018, 10:36 pm

I don’t know, 5 fresh names I haven’t met. Seems good to me, I wouldn’t have expected much more than that. Those that meet outside of conventions are eventually going to have zero names to meet at shows like this. But for me, I’m happy with it.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 18th, 2018, 11:31 pm

I just think, from a business standpoint, it's a weak list devoid of any headliners. Hence why they're practically giving away tickets. That building is not a cheap rental, and while I agree if you're inside there are decent names, nobody announced will draw. That plus it's not a series-specific con, it's generic, and traditionally all they do here are dumb panels that few care for.

Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 » July 20th, 2018, 4:23 pm

San Jose had another guest announced and people are livid they are getting no one for NJ.

Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 » July 21st, 2018, 3:39 pm

I just asked if they refund tickets for VIP packages and am curious to the answer.of that

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 21st, 2018, 4:38 pm

Isn't San Jose a combined event with Walker Stalker? So obviously they will have a larger guest list.

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » July 21st, 2018, 5:18 pm

Nicksfan23 wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 3:39 pm
I just asked if they refund tickets for VIP packages and am curious to the answer.of that
HIGHLY doubt it. I have heard several people complaining for that and they wont.
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » July 22nd, 2018, 12:08 pm

Why would they refund vip tickets unless the show was cancelled?

Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 » July 23rd, 2018, 9:26 am

I think the problem people are having and that is why there are refund questions is based on Wong being the last guest announcement almost a month ago at this point and they are announcing other shows. Also they keep on promoting discounted prices on tickets but not a single guest. They also do not respond to anything on Twitter which shows horrible customer service. So people are asking for refunds based on how little the company is doing.

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 12:08 pm
Why would they refund vip tickets unless the show was cancelled?

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » July 23rd, 2018, 10:47 am

People place way too much emphasis on this stuff. It’s only a convention- they spend every day searching for new announcements and every second whining that there hasn’t been a new guest announced. There are plenty of people announced. If you aren’t happy with it, don’t go. And don’t pre buy tickets again. Then you won’t have a problem.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » July 23rd, 2018, 11:10 am

oldschoolwwwf wrote:
July 23rd, 2018, 10:47 am
People place way too much emphasis on this stuff. It’s only a convention- they spend every day searching for new announcements and every second whining that there hasn’t been a new guest announced. There are plenty of people announced. If you aren’t happy with it, don’t go. And don’t pre buy tickets again. Then you won’t have a problem.
Agreed. There already is a guest list. Either there will be more announcements or not. If you like the final guest list go. If not save money. No reason for people to go crazy.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » July 23rd, 2018, 11:20 am

Nicksfan23 wrote:
July 23rd, 2018, 9:26 am
I think the problem people are having and that is why there are refund questions is based on Wong being the last guest announcement almost a month ago at this point and they are announcing other shows. Also they keep on promoting discounted prices on tickets but not a single guest. They also do not respond to anything on Twitter which shows horrible customer service. So people are asking for refunds based on how little the company is doing.
I guess the part I don't get is why anybody would buy tickets, let alone VIP tickets, in advance if they weren't already happy with the guest list as is? I mean, did they buy VIP tickets just HOPING that they'd eventually book a guest they wanted to meet? I'm missing something here.