Andrew McCarthy added Fri-Sat.

Robert Englund added.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Greg2600

Re: Monster Mania 40- August 17-19, 2018- Cherry Hill, NJ

Post by Greg2600 » March 29th, 2018, 2:50 pm

Monster-Mania Convention

Hi Everyone
Just wanted to let everyone know that the new Tickets and Vendor system is up and running!

We will be using the Growtix system which will also allow us to create an app for attendees that gives us the ability to add the floor map, List of stars in each autograph room and more! The new wristbands are the RF system type that are scannable. Wristbands will still be mailed out via Growtix but there is a $4 shipping charge. There will be a limited amount of tickets sold for each day and we expect that Saturday may sell out in advance online so we highly recommend buying your tickets before that happens. If we do sellout in advance no tickets will be available at the door for Saturday. We are addressing things one step at a time. Step One is Tickets and Capacity which is what this post is about.

VIP Tickets will still be picked up at the show.

Both the August and September tickets are now available.

The link for the August tickets is here:
https://register.growtix.com/eh/monster_mania_con_40

The link for the September tickets is here:
https://register.growtix.com/eh/monster_mania_con_41

We will soon be announcing a new Monster-Mania App that will also help keep everyone informed at the show. Details coming soon!
From the Facebook Page. Using Growtix now, which means a fee is charged.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » March 29th, 2018, 3:06 pm

They've been running shows for over a decade, and Dave is acting like limiting the number of tickets sold to the venue capacity is some modern new development? Most cons have been doing this for a long time now. As long as they're moving into the modern era, maybe next, MMania will actually start posting graph prices online prior to the show, rather than give a token "prices are set by the guest and their management" response every time people ask on the FB?

That said, unless they *drastically* cut down on the number they sold last time, like close to half of the Saturday crowd, it'll still be an oversold mess. If they're somehow able to "legally" fit in anything close to what they had that Saturday, it would still be completely unsafe and uncomfortable. And with cancellations being so prevalent (that's obviously not limited to just MMania, but cons in general), unless I had a large number of wants, I'd always be hesitant to pre-buy admission tickets. If your main want(s) cancel and you want to now skip the show, you have to eat the admission cost.

So unless it's a huge want that's Saturday only, I can't see many situations where I'd ever do a Saturday in Cherry Hill ever again. It'll be Fridays or nothing for me in the future.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » March 29th, 2018, 3:20 pm

The main issue they have is that you can NOT stop people from entering the hotel. AND 40% of their show floor is not controlled (technically) by the wristband.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » March 29th, 2018, 3:35 pm

I also don't trust MMania to be able to keep up with the scanning. Are they going to scan you when you enter and when you exit the main hotel? Are they going to scan you when you enter the big Riverside room and leave there? Are they going to scan you when you enter/exit the vendor area?

I just don't have confidence that somebody somewhere is going to accurately know "Well, there's XXXX people overall, and YYYY people in Riverside, and the guest room by the bar has ZZZZ people" etc. If they don't know those numbers, then all of this is just a waste of time and money.

If it works, hats off to them, because something HAD to be done after the last show. But it could be as simple as "find the safe capacity number, only print that number of wristbands, and once they're gone (either in advance or at the door), that's it" The whole scannable wristband thing sounds like something that's probably not going to work right anyway, and could be just an unnecessary added cost.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » March 29th, 2018, 3:49 pm

Yes my assumption is they will only print X wristbands with X being the max capacity. Then it won't matter as long as your wristband scans.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » March 29th, 2018, 3:59 pm

If it's done properly, that will eliminate the sharing wristbands gimmick at MMania.

paphotoguy

Post by paphotoguy » March 29th, 2018, 7:28 pm

The longer it goes I'm more inclined to believe that MM won't do anything but the most superficial measures. They've really never offered more than a back handed apology for what happened at the last show. They've made no indications that they'll try to scale back the guest list or eliminate photo ops to cut down on the massive amount of time wasted in line, etc. The hotel room block is already sold out. Fans will show regardless. Dave and company will weather the storm for 1 or 2 weeks after the show, then pretend as if everything is fine, just like they're doing now.
Author, Photographer, Wandering Spirit
My first book, Travelogue of Horror is for sale worldwide and my second book will be released this fall.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » March 29th, 2018, 9:06 pm

AJLe wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 3:06 pm
So unless it's a huge want that's Saturday only, I can't see many situations where I'd ever do a Saturday in Cherry Hill ever again. It'll be Fridays or nothing for me in the future.
Based on your taste/desires I cannot imagine they bring anyone you need that's saturday only. Though I could see them possibly bringing someone you need that's both saturday AND sunday.
I also don't trust MMania to be able to keep up with the scanning. Are they going to scan you when you enter and when you exit the main hotel? Are they going to scan you when you enter the big Riverside room and leave there? Are they going to scan you when you enter/exit the vendor area?

I just don't have confidence that somebody somewhere is going to accurately know "Well, there's XXXX people overall, and YYYY people in Riverside, and the guest room by the bar has ZZZZ people" etc. If they don't know those numbers, then all of this is just a waste of time and money.

If it works, hats off to them, because something HAD to be done after the last show. But it could be as simple as "find the safe capacity number, only print that number of wristbands, and once they're gone (either in advance or at the door), that's it" The whole scannable wristband thing sounds like something that's probably not going to work right anyway, and could be just an unnecessary added cost.
I wondered about that as well. It is not like NYCC where you scan to go in, scan to leave. They have multiple check points where they look at wristbands. So how will they manage that? Scan each time? I highly doubt it.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » March 30th, 2018, 10:09 am

paphotoguy wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 7:28 pm
The longer it goes I'm more inclined to believe that MM won't do anything but the most superficial measures. They've really never offered more than a back handed apology for what happened at the last show. They've made no indications that they'll try to scale back the guest list or eliminate photo ops to cut down on the massive amount of time wasted in line, etc. The hotel room block is already sold out. Fans will show regardless. Dave and company will weather the storm for 1 or 2 weeks after the show, then pretend as if everything is fine, just like they're doing now.
I'm sure that's part of their mentality, but if there's another disaster like last show, and they only offer superficial solutions, it eventually WILL hurt their bottom line.

Fans will complain, but ultimately come back, due to rude guests, cancellations, long lines, etc., but when things get to the point where fans travel long distances, pre-pay for high priced graphs and ops, and ultimately do NOT get what they paid for...people aren't as forgiving, and many of those people will never come back even if things do get fixed down the road.

Even the cult members on the FB, who praise Hagan for everything and anything, will eventually turn on him if they drive in from New England next show, get turned away by the Fire Marshall, and miss their pre-bought Robert Englund photo op.

Business is good now, but as WCW showed us, no matter how many fans you have, if you burn them enough times, they'll eventually turn the page and go elsewhere. If MMania just keeps burning fans out of money, eventually it will catch up to them and hurt business.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » March 30th, 2018, 10:20 am

class316 wrote:
March 29th, 2018, 9:06 pm
I wondered about that as well. It is not like NYCC where you scan to go in, scan to leave. They have multiple check points where they look at wristbands. So how will they manage that? Scan each time? I highly doubt it.
They don't have to keep scanning per se. The point would be they'd cap the # printed at some # that would represent capacity, as I said before. After which, you cannot get one. So if you pull up at 1PM like plenty of rubes do, you still go home. Just that now if they sell out before the show, or in the morning, then the rubes either stay home or get turned away earlier. Will they be scanning at 2PM probably not, but I'm sure earlier in the day they will, or at least ask to see the bands like before. Could the occasional person slip through? Of course, but it would stop large groups of families and/or friends who arrive together with the show sold out. Again, if it were JUST collectors like our members and friends, you wouldn't have gone over capacity. MM attracts countless people who either pay for NONE of the celebs or just a chosen few.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » March 30th, 2018, 12:08 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
March 30th, 2018, 10:20 am

They don't have to keep scanning per se. The point would be they'd cap the # printed at some # that would represent capacity, as I said before. After which, you cannot get one.
If that's all they're doing, why even make the bands scannable? Just use the same paper bands they always have, and as you say JUST print the capacity number of bands.

If they don't scan, or just do token scanning, than the whole emphasis on "scanning bands" is just an excuse to add an extra charge to admission.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » March 30th, 2018, 12:17 pm

AJLe wrote:
March 30th, 2018, 12:08 pm
If that's all they're doing, why even make the bands scannable? Just use the same paper bands they always have, and as you say JUST print the capacity number of bands.

If they don't scan, or just do token scanning, than the whole emphasis on "scanning bands" is just an excuse to add an extra charge to admission.
Could be for insurance reasons, who knows? They're also doing an app like other cons. It's pretty funny, they're upgrading everything BUT the venue!