Chiller Theatre Convention- April 27-29, 2018- Parsippany, NJ

This is the place to discuss Conventions
mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Re: Chiller Theatre Convention- April 27-29, 2018- Parsippany, NJ

Post by mikeyicon » March 13th, 2018, 9:25 pm

then there goes that final option. Gut tells me unless I have extra money to burn, I'll just pass on this. not worth $60 to me.

overthetop17
Marked Out Pro

Post by overthetop17 » March 13th, 2018, 10:49 pm

Im a big KISS fan as most of you know and I am passing on Vincent all together. He is not one of the original 4 and I always saw everyone else as not much more than fill-ins just holding spots for Ace and Peter. I think it's great he was added, but it does not grab me and I would not wait on line all day for it either.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » March 13th, 2018, 11:10 pm

overthetop17 wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 10:49 pm
Im a big KISS fan as most of you know and I am passing on Vincent all together. He is not one of the original 4 and I always saw everyone else as not much more than fill-ins just holding spots for Ace and Peter. I think it's great he was added, but it does not grab me and I would not wait on line all day for it either.
Gotta say that I'm stunned
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

overthetop17
Marked Out Pro

Post by overthetop17 » March 13th, 2018, 11:14 pm

Gotta say that I'm stunned
Like I told ya, it has to grab me. Some things and people mean a lot more to me. That's why when you all laugh and wonder why I get people multiple times it's because of that connection, and what it means to me. Vinnie is cool, did some great things with KISS, but he's just another member who came and went in my eyes.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » March 14th, 2018, 1:32 am

mikeyicon wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 9:25 pm
then there goes that final option. Gut tells me unless I have extra money to burn, I'll just pass on this. not worth $60 to me.
:spliy:
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » March 14th, 2018, 7:42 am

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I "may' be interested in the Vinnie spilt. Sadly, all i have available is sat morning and early afternoon only so let's see what time they get him there. I am actually passing on Steve Whitmere in PA for chiller due to the long boring drive and my limited time.

Joresky

Post by Joresky » March 14th, 2018, 9:03 am

Lisa Ryder cancelled.. Jeffrey Kramer added

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » March 14th, 2018, 10:08 am

I'm more curious to see the response to Vinnie and the same people who wait in line everytime Ace is there to virgilize him I bet will be in full force for Vinnie?

The casual KISS fans won't even know who he is unless they advertise. If his people were smart at marketing" plaster a photo of him with the make-up to intrigue Pokemon collectors.

The die-hard KISS fans are going to happily spend hundreds to get their Lick It Up album covers signed, but some might be surprised that he's a woman now!!!

As a KISS Army member since 1988, there is doubt his significance to the band. Vinnie Vincent or should I call him by his real name. Vincent Cusano. Yes, he was a pain in the ass to which Gene and Paul couldn't tolerate it or as story goes he just refused to sign the contract. But he was an amazing guitarist and song writer to many KISS classics like I Love It Loud, Lick It Up, I Still Love You, A Million To One, Unholy, and Heart Of Chrome. I respect his art and he was influential in resurrecting the band in the 80's. Don't forget for the horror collectors, he contributed Love Kills to the Nightmare On Elm Street 4 soundtrack!

I'll find a way to get the photo if I care enough, there is a 1% chance I might even know the guy bringing him in, but not sure yet. But as Overthetop said, it might not be worth the time or money. Not spending hours in a line, and most I'd even decide to pay would be $20-$30 only because I'm passionate about KISS. I'm going to Chiller anyway for the overall experience, so who knows? I definitely would never have travelled to another state to get this like the Atlanta or other show you reference. And I friggin hate pro photos!!!!

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » March 14th, 2018, 10:13 am

Will def be on there on Friday with friends and to get a vibe on the show. Not sure about Sunday due to more important things like a birthday party for my daughter's friend and a football game for my son. I'd do a split if actually needed on Saturday if I can get there as I have plans later in the day and wanted to try and bring my son as he's 5 but loves Dee Snider and he knows his KISS. And Capman, since we both share an adoration for Paul Stanley and the band, I don't mind if I split and wasn't able to crop you out and left photo as is if that's an option. :) I live right down the street from the Chiller location, it's easy for me. If I see a MM type situation, obviously I'm out. it's all gravy anyway but would nice to have with my photos of Paul, Ace, Peter, Bruce, and Tommy.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » March 14th, 2018, 10:59 am

mikeyicon wrote:
March 14th, 2018, 10:08 am
The die-hard KISS fans are going to happily spend hundreds to get their Lick It Up album covers signed, but some might be surprised that he's a woman now!!!
:holy: so would she still be :valid: ??

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » March 14th, 2018, 11:32 am

Joresky wrote:
March 14th, 2018, 9:03 am
Lisa Ryder cancelled
:fack: I wanted her on my Andromeda poster!
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » March 14th, 2018, 11:35 am

Greg2600 wrote:
March 14th, 2018, 10:59 am
mikeyicon wrote:
March 14th, 2018, 10:08 am
:holy: so would she still be :valid: ??
From what I'm reading on the internet, it doesn't seem like he's made the full transition (I don't see any articles referring to Vinnie Vincent as "she") but Vinnie's recent appearance has people speculating that he may be in the process of transitioning.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » March 14th, 2018, 12:05 pm

From what I saw from the last KISS Expo, it appears he's a she. Not my business if the working parts below are now gone? I know he even looked like a woman in the 80's, but now he's wearing woman's business suits, women heels, and very feminine. Hey, if he's happy and that's his thing, that's fine. I've seen the usual internet trolls making their comments after his appearance in Atlanta. some were funny, but also downright mean. Many going to see him at chiller might be expecting an old 80's rocker, and will be surprised at what he looks like now. I appreciate his art and his songs which are key songs on the soundtrack of my life. that's what matters to me. If you're not a KISS fan or 80's rock fan, not sure why you would to meet him otherwise. as mentioned, $60 for a 5 second photo with an old rock star without getting to chat a bit with him isn't really worth it to me, but I already know plenty of people who are willing to pay $60 and would pay more for this. KISS fans are very loyal, and the pokemon fans will gladly pay for this.

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » March 15th, 2018, 2:04 am

Joresky wrote:
March 14th, 2018, 9:03 am
Lisa Ryder cancelled
She's still listed as attending on their site and I don't see a mention of her on their Facebook. Where did you hear she cancelled?
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » March 15th, 2018, 8:25 am

The promoter for Ryder posted it on Facebook.