Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

This is the place to discuss Conventions
Felix27
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: December 9th, 2017, 6:35 pm

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by Felix27 » July 21st, 2018, 11:37 pm

I always get Bret! My wife is sick of it LMFAO! Ive been taking updated photos with "uncle Bret" since my son was a few months old, hes 7 now😂😂😂😂😂


Felix27
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: December 9th, 2017, 6:35 pm

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by Felix27 » July 21st, 2018, 11:39 pm

Jesse Ventura and superstar billy graham would be awesome to get... I wonder if Paul heyman would ever do one of these..

Still upset that tyson left before he was suppose to. They should have made an announcement of a last call, but at least I got a full refund but still

User avatar
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1694
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by cmshowstopper » July 22nd, 2018, 12:04 am

Anthony18 wrote:
July 19th, 2018, 7:26 pm
class316 wrote:
July 19th, 2018, 4:10 pm
Anthony18 wrote:
July 19th, 2018, 3:55 pm
or Trish Stratus
She's done wrestling cons
She's never done Big Event. Apparently she is too much money for them.
She may not have done the con, but Brian was the first to have Trish do the round of signings several years back.

As far as bitching about repeat guests...I can understand if you arent personally happy. BUT, as someone else said...the reason someone like Bret or Scott Hall is constantly booked...because they draw. So while it may not help you personally, asking why makes you look foolish.
Image
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 140
Joined: July 17th, 2017, 10:36 am

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by Anthony18 » July 22nd, 2018, 12:44 am

Felix27 wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 11:39 pm
Jesse Ventura and superstar billy graham would be awesome to get... I wonder if Paul heyman would ever do one of these..

Still upset that tyson left before he was suppose to. They should have made an announcement of a last call, but at least I got a full refund but still
I don't know if I'd say he would never do them, but to my knowledge the last public autograph signing Paul did was a book signing in Ridgewood, NJ back in 2006(I was there).

I've heard two reasons he doesn't do these. 1) he doesn't want to be treated as a relic/nostalgia act and 2) He's modest. He doesn't feel he is so important that people should pay to meet him.

User avatar
AJLe
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1150
Joined: March 22nd, 2014, 4:52 pm

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by AJLe » July 22nd, 2018, 8:46 am

cmshowstopper wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 12:04 am


As far as bitching about repeat guests...I can understand if you arent personally happy. BUT, as someone else said...the reason someone like Bret or Scott Hall is constantly booked...because they draw. So while it may not help you personally, asking why makes you look foolish.
Agreed - it's like when people complain when horror cons book Robert Englund over and over again. The guy has a multi-hour line at every con he's ever done, so of course promoters are going to keep bringing him back. They'd be idiots if they weren't.


ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1293
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by ICW » July 22nd, 2018, 11:17 am

Anthony18 wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 12:44 am
Felix27 wrote:
July 21st, 2018, 11:39 pm
Jesse Ventura and superstar billy graham would be awesome to get... I wonder if Paul heyman would ever do one of these..

Still upset that tyson left before he was suppose to. They should have made an announcement of a last call, but at least I got a full refund but still
I don't know if I'd say he would never do them, but to my knowledge the last public autograph signing Paul did was a book signing in Ridgewood, NJ back in 2006(I was there).

I've heard two reasons he doesn't do these. 1) he doesn't want to be treated as a relic/nostalgia act and 2) He's modest. He doesn't feel he is so important that people should pay to meet him.
Heyman addressed this at the show he did with JR last year. He said he will never, ever do signings for many of the reasons Brock doesn't do signings
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 140
Joined: July 17th, 2017, 10:36 am

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by Anthony18 » July 22nd, 2018, 11:45 am

Why won't Brock do them?

User avatar
Doctor Satan
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 181
Joined: September 30th, 2009, 9:37 pm
Location: I was Ova There, Now I'm Ova Here Now
Contact:

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by Doctor Satan » July 22nd, 2018, 12:01 pm

Anthony18 wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 11:45 am
Why won't Brock do them?

Cause he's an asshole. funny thing is that from mid 2002 till mid 2003 Brock did atleast 5 signings in the NY area. he did a free signing at the GNC in herald square in oct 2002 and I got 3 things signed and a pic with. then he did 3 paid signings one of which was $20 for a combo and the other you just had to pay admission to the place which I think was $10. oh how I miss those days

User avatar
mrira
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1118
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Location: Bayside,NY

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by mrira » July 22nd, 2018, 12:07 pm

Anthony18 wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 11:45 am
Why won't Brock do them?
I’ve always assumed it was a combination of Brock not liking people & not liking Pro Wrestling.

At least Paul will stop at most instances

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 140
Joined: July 17th, 2017, 10:36 am

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by Anthony18 » July 22nd, 2018, 1:35 pm

mrira wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 12:07 pm
Anthony18 wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 11:45 am
Why won't Brock do them?
I’ve always assumed it was a combination of Brock not liking people & not liking Pro Wrestling.

At least Paul will stop at most instances
Paul likes people and pro wrestling, but said at Jim Ross' show he does t do cons for the same reasons Brock doesn't according to ICW. Doesn't add up.

crossfire
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 218
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 4:08 pm

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by crossfire » July 22nd, 2018, 2:04 pm

mrira wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 12:07 pm
Anthony18 wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 11:45 am
Why won't Brock do them?
I’ve always assumed it was a combination of Brock not liking people & not liking Pro Wrestling.

At least Paul will stop at most instances

I assume a combination of not liking people and zero need for the money. I assume he has it specifically in his contract that he doesn’t have to do axxess.

rockersfan7
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: May 16th, 2008, 2:41 pm

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by rockersfan7 » July 22nd, 2018, 7:04 pm

crossfire wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 2:04 pm
mrira wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 12:07 pm
Anthony18 wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 11:45 am
Why won't Brock do them?
I’ve always assumed it was a combination of Brock not liking people & not liking Pro Wrestling.

At least Paul will stop at most instances

I assume a combination of not liking people and zero need for the money. I assume he has it specifically in his contract that he doesn’t have to do axxess.
Paul actually did Axxess in 2013, 2014 and 2016.

crossfire
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 218
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 4:08 pm

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by crossfire » July 22nd, 2018, 7:13 pm

rockersfan7 wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 7:04 pm
crossfire wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 2:04 pm
mrira wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 12:07 pm
Anthony18 wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 11:45 am
Why won't Brock do them?
I’ve always assumed it was a combination of Brock not liking people & not liking Pro Wrestling.

At least Paul will stop at most instances

I assume a combination of not liking people and zero need for the money. I assume he has it specifically in his contract that he doesn’t have to do axxess.
Paul actually did Axxess in 2013, 2014 and 2016.
I know, I meant Brock. And Paul does paid meet and greets when he does his q&a shows.

Felix27
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: December 9th, 2017, 6:35 pm

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by Felix27 » July 22nd, 2018, 7:24 pm

Brock has no issue cashing the merch check from us paying fans but doesn't want to be bothered by us..smfh

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1293
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by ICW » July 22nd, 2018, 8:18 pm

Paul stopped for us after the show with JR and was awesome. I never posted the photo op/report on here because I was lazy. Here it is:

Image
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/


Post Reply