Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

This is the place to discuss Conventions
ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1266
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by ICW » September 27th, 2018, 6:58 pm

crossfire wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 5:23 pm
lanza218 wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 3:33 pm
crossfire wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 3:28 pm
zuko3984 wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 3:07 pm
For those who have gone before how is the parking?
Thanks

Horrible. Be prepared to walk for blocks and blocks....

I literally have never had a problem parking

I believe you are in the minority.
100%. The first one I went to was Big Event 8 and we got a spot right away but it was pure hell after that. Jenna got a parking ticket one year, a parking attended made a super tight spot for her the other year...it’s a giant mess and a big compliant for me.

We’re staying the night before (as usual) so we’re fine. Also, attendance has been down the past few shows and parking was still tight. I think it’ll be much worse considering the lineup.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/


lanza218
Site Admin
Posts: 4419
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by lanza218 » September 27th, 2018, 8:57 pm

I've done in the street, the hotel, and the other hotel multiple times

crossfire
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 199
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 4:08 pm

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by crossfire » September 27th, 2018, 9:04 pm

lanza218 wrote:
September 27th, 2018, 8:57 pm
I've done in the street, the hotel, and the other hotel multiple times
Like I said. You are in the minority. Almost everyone hates the parking situation at this show.

User avatar
yosemitechris
Marked Out King
Posts: 557
Joined: June 14th, 2009, 2:43 pm
Location: yosemite national park. ca

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by yosemitechris » September 29th, 2018, 1:28 pm

2EC0E0A3-B8ED-4344-8631-13B371B56A8A.jpeg

crossfire
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 199
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 4:08 pm

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by crossfire » October 2nd, 2018, 6:43 pm

Austin idol cancelled


User avatar
mrira
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1113
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Location: Bayside,NY

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by mrira » October 2nd, 2018, 6:49 pm

crossfire wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 6:43 pm
Austin idol cancelled
Makes sense sort of, he seemed to be making this comeback with Nick Aldis with Billy Corgan's NWA & then he dropped out of site.

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1266
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by ICW » October 2nd, 2018, 7:21 pm

crossfire wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 6:43 pm
Austin idol cancelled
One off my list.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1266
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by ICW » October 2nd, 2018, 7:22 pm

Also

Fenix & Pentagon will be signing only from 9am till 11am.. there is a very small window to meet them, so please plan accordingly.. autograph tickets for them will be on sale at there table as well as table photo ops.. they do pro photo ops starting at 10am..

Tommy Rich, Jules Strongbow, Iceman Parsons, Tony Garea will start at 10am till 1pm

Briscoe bros time , will be announced soon..

Times for bullet club are listed, please again plan accordingly, so u can visit all the other guests at big event..
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

zuko3984
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: August 5th, 2018, 10:09 pm

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by zuko3984 » October 2nd, 2018, 7:43 pm

ICW wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 7:22 pm
Also

Fenix & Pentagon will be signing only from 9am till 11am.. there is a very small window to meet them, so please plan accordingly.. autograph tickets for them will be on sale at there table as well as table photo ops.. they do pro photo ops starting at 10am..
I thought the hours for the show were 10am-3pm. That's what they have listed on the website. If they are signing at 9am what time are they going to start letting people in. Just trying to figure out what time to get there since this is my first time going to this event.

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1266
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by ICW » October 2nd, 2018, 7:46 pm

zuko3984 wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 7:43 pm
ICW wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 7:22 pm
Also

Fenix & Pentagon will be signing only from 9am till 11am.. there is a very small window to meet them, so please plan accordingly.. autograph tickets for them will be on sale at there table as well as table photo ops.. they do pro photo ops starting at 10am..
I thought the hours for the show were 10am-3pm. That's what they have listed on the website. If they are signing at 9am what time are they going to start letting people in. Just trying to figure out what time to get there since this is my first time going to this event.
They usually let people in early. I'd double check with Big Event.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

lanza218
Site Admin
Posts: 4419
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by lanza218 » October 2nd, 2018, 7:57 pm

Guess I'll be here by 8

User avatar
mrira
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1113
Joined: June 18th, 2008, 5:19 pm
Location: Bayside,NY

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by mrira » October 3rd, 2018, 5:39 pm

GAIL KIM ADDED BY WRESTLING INK

zuko3984
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: August 5th, 2018, 10:09 pm

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by zuko3984 » October 4th, 2018, 11:33 pm

Got an answer back from Big Event on what time they will be letting people in. They said 9:30am. Not sure how Fenix and Pentagon will be signing at 9am when Big Event said they will start letting people in at 9:30am. I guess I'll still get there early and just get in as soon as they let people in.

crowbar
Marked Out King
Posts: 854
Joined: April 28th, 2014, 12:35 pm
Location: North Jersey

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by crowbar » October 5th, 2018, 10:36 am

Isn't there some bullshit setup in the lobby where some wrestlers are stationed and could theoretically start signing whenever they want, regardless of the opening time of the convention?

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1266
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Big Event 15 - 11/10/18 - Queens, NY

Post by ICW » October 5th, 2018, 10:39 am

crowbar wrote:
October 5th, 2018, 10:36 am
Isn't there some bullshit setup in the lobby where some wrestlers are stationed and could theoretically start signing whenever they want, regardless of the opening time of the convention?
Yep.

Funny story: there was major drama heading into my first Big Event. One of the vendors was bringing in Chavo Guerrero Jr. and they announced a day or two before the show that Chavo had to leave early and they received permission from Big Event for him to sign early in the lobby. This infuriated over vendors because they didn't like the idea of one vendor making money an hour before they could.

Lately, the lobby has been a mix of lower-level names like Donovan Dijak, Doink & Dink, Gillberg and big names like Iron Sheik, William Regal, Ken Shamrock, etc.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/


Post Reply