WrestleCon- April 5-6, 2019- New York, NY

This is the place to discuss Conventions
lanza218
Site Admin

Re: WrestleCon- April 5-6, 2019- New York, NY

Post by lanza218 » May 12th, 2018, 10:03 am

Mass transit not bad. But the lines.....forget it. Fire marshall galor. And if driving. Firget it. Aps nightmare

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » May 13th, 2018, 11:23 am

I will likely take off on the 5th. I can't wait.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Anthony18 » May 13th, 2018, 10:24 pm

when do tickets for wrestlecon generally go on sale?

That80sguy

Post by That80sguy » May 15th, 2018, 5:24 pm

Maybe I will just drive to somewhere nearby New York City and then use the Uber application.

adramelech
Marking Out Amateur

Post by adramelech » May 20th, 2018, 5:12 am

I don't know squat about subway systems and trains. I have a bad leg and can't be walking blocks and blocks to find out I'm going the wrong place and have to turn around.

I don't plan on going to any of the events at Barclay and will probably even skip Wrestlemania. Is it true that during this time of the year the weather is pretty cold? So sitting outside for 7 hours doesn't appeal to me.

If Axxess is at The Javits Center like many are guessing that's not too far from the Wrestlecon hotel right? I mapped it and it says about 30-35 minutes. But in traffic does this really mean 1 hr or more?

I know the Wrestlecon Supershow will be at their hotel. I wonder where all the other shows will be. It seems a possibility of traveling an hour and back to each show if staying at the Wrestlecon hotel.
Todd's Autograph Arena
http://www.toddsautographarena.com
https://www.facebook.com/toddsautographarena
Collecting Autographs In-Person & TTM For Over 20 Years
282 WWE Classic Jakks Loose Figures Signed

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » May 20th, 2018, 7:33 am

adramelech wrote:
May 20th, 2018, 5:12 am
I don't know squat about subway systems and trains. I have a bad leg and can't be walking blocks and blocks to find out I'm going the wrong place and have to turn around.

I don't plan on going to any of the events at Barclay and will probably even skip Wrestlemania. Is it true that during this time of the year the weather is pretty cold? So sitting outside for 7 hours doesn't appeal to me.

If Axxess is at The Javits Center like many are guessing that's not too far from the Wrestlecon hotel right? I mapped it and it says about 30-35 minutes. But in traffic does this really mean 1 hr or more?

I know the Wrestlecon Supershow will be at their hotel. I wonder where all the other shows will be. It seems a possibility of traveling an hour and back to each show if staying at the Wrestlecon hotel.
This year the weather was pretty cold for Wrestlemania week, but that doesn't mean it could be in a more "Spring" like temp's next year.

The 7 subway line goes from Time Square, were the Wrestlecon hotel is, too 2 blocks from the Javits center. That would probably take you no more then 10 minutes. Driving in the city would probably take like an hour.

As far as the other shows, I'm sure Ring of Honor will run in the Manhattan Center like they normally do, which is close to Wrestlecon. Evolve/PROGRESS I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't run in Queens like they normally do.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 20th, 2018, 8:30 am

March has been the most brutal month the last 2-3 winters. Early April I expect to be cold as it was this year.

Felix27

Post by Felix27 » May 21st, 2018, 12:13 am

Doubt it will be at javits...could be at Barclays ...wm29 axxess was it izod, made it easier for setup and less work for the staff

Felix27

Post by Felix27 » May 21st, 2018, 12:14 am

WOODMO wrote:
May 20th, 2018, 8:30 am
March has been the most brutal month the last 2-3 winters. Early April I expect to be cold as it was this year.
Which is why mania should be limited to 4 hrs maybe a bit closer to 5 but not after

adramelech
Marking Out Amateur

Post by adramelech » May 21st, 2018, 6:31 am

mrira wrote:
May 20th, 2018, 7:33 am
adramelech wrote:
May 20th, 2018, 5:12 am

This year the weather was pretty cold for Wrestlemania week, but that doesn't mean it could be in a more "Spring" like temp's next year.

The 7 subway line goes from Time Square, were the Wrestlecon hotel is, too 2 blocks from the Javits center. That would probably take you no more then 10 minutes. Driving in the city would probably take like an hour.

As far as the other shows, I'm sure Ring of Honor will run in the Manhattan Center like they normally do, which is close to Wrestlecon. Evolve/PROGRESS I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't run in Queens like they normally do.
Thanks for the info. I also found out that it is cheaper to leave on Monday night then on Sunday flying back to Los Angeles so I'm thinking about maybe finding something else to do since I've never been in New York.
Todd's Autograph Arena

adramelech
Marking Out Amateur

Post by adramelech » May 21st, 2018, 6:33 am

WOODMO wrote:
This is what I keep hearing. I sat on my ass from I think 4:30pm to after midnight in NOLA for Wrestlemania. It was way too long. Even if it was a 4-5 hour I will freeze my ass off. I'd rather save the money and go see the sites of New York. Mayvbe since "everyone" is at Wrestlemania I can get around better on Sunday to see stuff. LOL
Todd's Autograph Arena

adramelech
Marking Out Amateur

Post by adramelech » May 21st, 2018, 6:36 am

Felix27 wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 12:13 am
Doubt it will be at javits...could be at Barclays ...wm29 axxess was it izod, made it easier for setup and less work for the staff
This is my main concern. i'd hate to stay at the Wrestlecon hotel and then arrive late to Axxess and pay up the ass to get around. I plan on doing Axxess Thursday, Friday night Session after Wrestlecon, Saturday Night Session after Wrestlecon, and probably Sunday morning session.

I would imagine Axxess in this State will be more packed with people compared to San Jose, NOLA, and FL ?
Todd's Autograph Arena

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 21st, 2018, 11:05 am

Felix27 wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 12:14 am
WOODMO wrote:
Which is why mania should be limited to 4 hrs maybe a bit closer to 5 but not after
Eh IDK man, the way the weather has been, by 4hrs I'd be frostbitten regardless. Unless we make Wrestlemania 20 minutes, weather being the way it has been is going to make it a semi miserable experience. Of course, if you enjoy going to NFL games and don't mind sitting in the cold like that, this will be cake.

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » May 21st, 2018, 11:18 am

WOODMO wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 11:05 am
Felix27 wrote:
WOODMO wrote:
Eh IDK man, the way the weather has been, by 4hrs I'd be frostbitten regardless. Unless we make Wrestlemania 20 minutes, weather being the way it has been is going to make it a semi miserable experience. Of course, if you enjoy going to NFL games and don't mind sitting in the cold like that, this will be cake.
Are the Jets/Giants one of the few teams in cold climate who don’t have a retractable roof?

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 21st, 2018, 11:25 am

mrira wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 11:18 am
WOODMO wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 11:05 am
Felix27 wrote:
WOODMO wrote:
Are the Jets/Giants one of the few teams in cold climate who don’t have a retractable roof?
To my knowledge most cold climate teams play in the elements. Green Bay does. New England does. Minnesota is in a dome though, but that might be the only cold market team I can think of in a dome. Other domes are actually in warm climates like New Orleans. Football is meant to be played in the weather, since it just adds to the strategy and strengths of teams.