Pop Con - Nov 3&4, 2018 - Milwaukee, WI

This is the place to discuss Conventions
capman
Marked Out Pro

Pop Con - Nov 3&4, 2018 - Milwaukee, WI

Post by capman » July 21st, 2018, 3:47 pm

Pop Con Milwaukee will be held November 3rd & 4th, 2018 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel & Convention Center in Milwaukee, WI, located moments from the Mitchell International Airport.

Announcest Guests:

The first Land of the Lost Complete Cast Reunion!

From FB "Wesley Eure, Kathy Coleman, Philip Paley, and the patriarch of the show, Spencer Milligan. Since leaving the show at the end of the second season, Mr. Milligan has stayed out of the spot light. With his fondness for his fans, and the special bond he retains with his “Land of the Lost” TV family, Milligan has agreed to make his first and only reunion appearance."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well,the ole Capman may be taking his first flight for a con. I have not seen anyone report this one yet. I have tentative plans, but if they fall through, the fact that 82 year old Spencer Milligan has NEVER done a con and ,God knows if he ever will again due to his..well..whatever, reason to never doing it, will get me here.

capman
Marked Out Pro

Re: Pop Con - Nov 3&4, 2018 - Milwaukee, WI

Post by capman » August 30th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Ok lots of guests here - all of Chakas fanikyband most of the sleestacks from LOTL coming!! ( except Bill Lambert and the kid toucher Uncle Jack who would touch Holly during scenes..jerk!)

Barry Williams, Hillybilky Jim and a cascade of others that no one cares about.

So who splitting a room with me ? I want to write a report like CM and DJD of the famous NJ Snowmageddon of 2016!! Whose in ?????? Hahahahhaha

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » September 12th, 2018, 5:21 am

It's a long one, gang, buckle in.

I am 99% sure I will be like Yosemite Chris, and be the only one posting in my upcoming con/cruise here, however I would love to hear thoughts:

So being a huge LOTL fan, they announced prices for last night, which seem kind of fair, but not sure. I personally would love a cast pic with the four main stars being that Spencer Milligan, the father who is 82 is doing his one and only con since he lives in WI, will be there. However, he is ONLY taking pictures with the VIP package (I wrote last night to find out, and Owner of con said HE may do solo if time permits =no). Also, the group pic they are doing is the raft pic, which to me from the ones I have seen, look hokey with the silly dressed sleestack as I would much prefer I standing pic with all of them like I got at chiller. MAYBE , if they do them suited, with pigtails and all, then it might be worth it...

I haven't bought yet, as I said i would via email, but the owner has not sent me info , although he has claimed that people bought via phone LAST MONTH EVEN BEFORE HE ANNOUNCED ??? I can't fathom buying anything without knowing what I am getting in addition to that not even hearing that was an option. Finally, the top tier VIP, $225 comes with a lot but gives you an option of a cast photo OR autographs. I just don't know.

I have included the post, with some pics from chiller and the silly raft pic from someone else. Would enjoy hearing thought on what YOU would do
:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pop Con Milwaukee & Land of the Lost Event Schedule & Pricing

Friday Night (5:00 – 10:00 PM)

Friday Night Preview Party that guarantees an appearance by Barry Williams, Kathy Coleman, Tom Cook & Phil Ortiz, and a few surprise guests (do I hear SSSSHHHHHHH) that will stop by to say hello. Fans will be able to mingle, share memories and some food and drinks in a casual setting with the celebrities. Also, early access to the vendor's area. Amount of time spent will be at sole discretion of the guest and the positive vibes of the fans. No photos or autographs during the Friday night Preview Party.

Other Friday Night Events (Non-Preview Party)

Kathy Coleman Book Signing: Kathy Coleman, award winning author, will be signing copies of her book, “Run, Holly Run!” during the Friday Night Preview Party.

Kathy Coleman & Dopey Photo Op: That’s right, Pop Con Milwaukee has made arrangements for Holly’s Land of the Lost pet, Dopey, to make his first ever show appearance. Created using the exact same special effects process as used on the show, Holly, Dopey and yourself can be part of a first ever photo op event. Cost $40.00

Barry Williams, AKA Greg Brady, will be conducting the first ever Photo Op with his personal tiki statue from the “Very Brady Reunion” Special which commemorated the famous episode of when the Brady’s went to Hawaii. Cost $40.00

Phil Ortiz & Phil Cook (VIP Simpson-izing). Phil Ortiz was the original animator of the very first episodes of “The Simpsons”, and Tom Cook is one of the last living cartoon animators and colorist. Together, they will “Simpson-zie” you. Before your very eyes, the team of talented artists will turn you and your family into to screen accurate Simpson-Like characters using the exact same techniques, drawing styles, and coloring guides used for the TV series. You will leave this show looking exactly like a real on screen Simpson character! Only 10 spots are available for this very special event. Cost $200

Admission To Fight Night Preview: $20.00
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Admission

Saturday Admission $30
Sunday Admission $30

Saturday (10:00 AM – 8:00 PM)
VIP Entrance (10:00 AM Early Entrance)
General Public (10:30 General Admission)
Guest Autographs (10:00 AM – 5:30)
Photo Ops (Schedule to be posted)

“Get Lost” Land of the Lost VIP Ultimate Panel Discussion (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM+)

The entire cast starring Spencer Milligan, Kathy Coleman, Wesley Eure, Phil Paley, Joe Giamalva, Sharon Baird, Bill Boyd, Cleveland Porter, John Lambert, and Ron Masak will be sharing never before shared moments while living in the “Land of the Lost”. During the panel discussion, all guests must agree to be filmed and sign the appropriate waiver, as footage will be included in a documentary of this momentous occasion. After sharing a lifetime of special memories, the presentation will close with a group singing of the “Land of the Lost” show opening theme song. (If you ask nicely, maybe Wesley will do a solo of the closing credits song. Only 120 spots due to limited seating.

Sunday (10:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
VIP Entrance (10:00 AM Early Entrance)
General Public (10:30 General Admission)
Guest Autographs (10:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
Photo Ops (Schedule to be posted)
Panel Discussions (Additional 30-45 minute panel discussion will be added if the Saturday event sells out. The Sunday panel discussion wil not include all cast members and will not be filmed as part of a documentary)

Pricing

Ultimate VIP Package includes: Friday Night Preview Party, VIP Early Entrance Saturday & Sunday with limited edition collectors pinback admission button, “Get Lost” VIP Ultimate Panel Discussion, and (1) group autograph package/or Photo Op (Milligan, Eure, Coleman, & Paley), and limited edition full cast poster. Cost $225.00 - 120 spots available, several already sold!

VIP Package: Friday Night Preview Party, VIP Early Entrance Saturday & Sunday with limited edition collectors pinback admission button, and (1) group autograph package/or Photo Op (Milligan, Eure, Coleman, & Paley), and limited edition full cast poster. Cost $180

Original Cast Photo Op: As part of the VIP Packages only, the photo op will include Milligan, Eure, Coleman, & Paley in the original yellow raft. A very special seat will be reserved in the raft for you! Life jackets and paddles included in the experience to create a very authentic moment!

Individual Autograph Tickets

Original Cast
Spencer Milligan (Part of VIP Package Only. Additional autographs are $60 each)
Wesley Eure ($40): Autograph or Photo Op
Kathy Coleman ($40): Autograph or Photo Op
Phil Paley ($40): Autograph or Photo Op

Pakuni Package
Phil Paley ($40): Autograph or Photo Op
Sharon Baird ($40): Autograph with free photo op
Joe Giamalva ($40): Autograph with free photo op
Pakuni Package ($100): Paley, Baird, Giamalva – Autograph or Photo Op

Sleestak “First Ever Appearances”
John Lambert ($40): Autograph with free photo op
Cleveland Porter ($40): Autograph with free photo op
Bill Boyd ($40): Autograph with free photo op
Sleestak Package ($100): Lambert, Porter, Boyd- one autograph each and group photo op.

Ron Masek
Ron Masek ($40): Autograph with free photo op

Mail Order Pricing (send in)

Can’t make the show, the professional staff of Pop Con Milwaukee will provide send in services allowing you to mail your items to be authentically signed by all of the guests scheduled to appear at Pop Con. We have conducted over 400+ private signings and will work to guarantee that your posters, photos, lunch boxes, toys, pops, etc., are perfectly signed and returned safely to you. Details to be posted Wednesday, September 12th, 2018.

Note: Due to flights, some guests may leave before the close of show. Please check each guests scheduled show appearance times to eliminate any missed opportunities.

Tickets will be available for sale on the website on Friday, September 13th, 2018 beginning at 10:00 AM CST. Advance can be ordered immediately (starting now) by contacting Troy R. Kinunen at troy@mearsonline.com or call (414)-828-9990 after 9:00 PM CST. Based on the interest, the VIP packages are guaranteed to sell out.
Attachments
11742902_1061524560538829_397730241737354966_n.jpg

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » September 12th, 2018, 5:25 am

Here are mine from chiller , pro ($90) and with the ENIK costume ( which was $30 with cast). I would have been satisfied with the Enik posed one ( that I came up with ), but they didn't get that in til Sat. morning.
Attachments
IMG_3833.JPG
Last edited by capman on September 12th, 2018, 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » September 12th, 2018, 5:26 am

Enik
Attachments
gnacktic.jpg

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » September 12th, 2018, 8:12 am

Seems like you have to buy VIP

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » September 12th, 2018, 8:48 am

lanza218 wrote:
September 12th, 2018, 8:12 am
Seems like you have to buy VIP
Sadly yes...I wouldn't mind if the VIP was a little more and added autos, but the fact there are no group photos w SM outside VIP, is well silly

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » September 12th, 2018, 10:48 am

Well whatever floats your......raft! Also, you can't possibly be concerned about ANYTHING involving Land of the Lost to be hokey. The show literally SCREAMED it! I mean, the rafting in the opening credits was all green screened, and badly. Unfortunately, while I imagine a table op or similar is likely for the old man, you'd be flying in, and to do that without a guarantee is insane. Is the VIP poster signed?
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » September 12th, 2018, 10:53 am

Very good question about the poster as I didn't think of that. I will ask, but I hear ya.

Also, the owner updated me with this which makes the raft a bit easier although can change in a nanosecond:

"It is my understanding that Kathy, Wesley, and Spencer are dressing similar to what they wore on the show. They will have yellow life jackets on, and you will be given a life jacket that matches. Phil will be in the boat too. '

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » September 12th, 2018, 11:01 am

Isn't Phil :invalid: in the raft?
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » September 12th, 2018, 11:20 am

yep, but I can't tell him I don't want him in....would you?