Johnathan Quayle Higgins III

Discuss all Television, Film, and Music TTM in here
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Johnathan Quayle Higgins III

Post by AJLe »

One of my favorite shows of all time was (and is) Magnum PI. But unfortunately, John Hillerman, who played Higgins, is quite elderly, and really doesn't appear much in public anymore, so he's not easily gettable. I had tried him TTM years ago and never heard back, so I figured either I had a bad address, or he just doesn't sign, so I thought he was pretty much a lost cause.

Then a buddy of mine recently happens to mention that he read on a graphing site that people were having success with Hillerman TTM, so he gave me the address, and I figured that all that I had to lose was an 8x10 and the cost of postage, so I gave it a shot. Not only did he sign, but I got it back within a couple of weeks of mailing it out! Thrilled to finally have him - definitely my favorite TTM graph, and I'm more amped about this than many in-person graphs I've gotten. It's strange that I hardly ever try TTM for people, but the only people I've gotten that way in recent years (Don Bellisario, Glen A. Larson, and John Hillerman) were all Magnum-related.
HigginsPic.JPG
HigginsPic.JPG (67.34 KiB) Viewed 13095 times
Jason1980s
Marked Out King

Re: Johnathan Quayle Higgins III

Post by Jason1980s »

Nice success. When I first started ttm collecting, he was one I always wanted but never saw any noted on his address. No successes or failures. I can't remember if I saw or a success or if I sent blind, but I sent an 8x10 and it was returned signed.
I'm thinking since he's been out of the spotlight for so long if he just doesn't have any photos on hand and the successes usually are when someone is sending an item to be signed.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

I also believe he's not in the best of health, so depending on how he's doing any particular day, he may just not feel up to answering fan mail.
yosemitechris
Marked Out Master

Post by yosemitechris »

very nice, i didn't even know he was still alive! they should do a reunion before his health get worse.
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

yosemitechris wrote:very nice, i didn't even know he was still alive! they should do a reunion before his health get worse.
Sadly, I think it's already too late for that - they did a Magnum presentation at one of those TVLand awards shows years back, and they got Selleck, Manetti, and Moseley, but no Hillerman. Then, back when Selleck was doing that Las Vegas show, they had an episode where his character was having a poker game with characters played by Larry Manetti & Roger E. Moseley, but they threw in a line where one of them got a call saying "That was our British friend - he's not able to make it tonight".

I don't know his specific problems, but I think his health and/or age probably prevents him from travelling or working.