Blowing Spot Clarifications & Suspensions For Violations

Find out about updates and give us feedback. All users please make sure you familiarize yourselves with our rules. Violation of rules can result in account termination.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Blowing Spot Clarifications & Suspensions For Violations

Post by WOODMO » June 29th, 2012, 9:58 am

OK guys, first off we love and appreciate the reports as they're all a blast to read, but it is in the effort to keep the spots preserved and the reports being sucessful ones for years to come, that we must make a clarification like this.

In the past week we've had 3 instances where people mention spots in reports, or people ask about meet locations. That is far too many for a week, and some users have done it multiple times without regard for our warnings.

Violating this rule and blowing a spot, will result in a suspension from Marked Out. Now I don't want to suspend anybody, so allow me to explain what we don't want you to do.

No matter where you met someone, if it was on a street and for free, you don't say ANYTHING about the location. Don't mention landmarks near the spot, don't mention it's name, don't mention what it is, don't mention names that can identify the spot. Refer to everything as spot, or hippo, or place that cannot be mentioned. Honestly, I don't care what you call it, as long as it's not by it's name.

Again, we don't want to suspend anybody, but we respect spots too much to let this many violations happen in such a short time without stepping up our punishments.

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Blowing Spot Clarifications & Suspensions For Violations

Post by lanza218 » June 29th, 2012, 10:02 am

No TIMES, PLACES, SETTINGS, OR WHERE YOU EVEN WERE WAITING. If this continues, we will be forced to do pic only reports

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » June 29th, 2012, 10:02 am

No TIMES, PLACES, SETTINGS, OR WHERE YOU EVEN WERE WAITING. If this continues, we will be forced to do pic only reports

CubsFanKEC1982
Full Fledged Mark

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 » June 29th, 2012, 10:20 am

lanza218 wrote:No TIMES, PLACES, SETTINGS, OR WHERE YOU EVEN WERE WAITING. If this continues, we will be forced to do pic only reports
When you say no "Places" are you saying not to even identify the city of where it took place?

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » June 29th, 2012, 10:35 am

.... City is fine

Doctor Satan
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Doctor Satan » June 29th, 2012, 10:39 am

can i just throw my 2 cents into this. one thing that i HATE is when someone mentions other Peoples names in their reports. I speak for a few when i say i dont like my name mentioned in someone elses on the street report. I dont mind a convention report cause everyone else is there. its just the on the street ones that bug me. another thing that bugs me is when people get into precision reports. what i mean by that is when they pretty much Draw a map of where they are With out actually sayin where they are. I call them GPS reports LOL. this is just my opinion :smile:

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » June 29th, 2012, 10:50 am

1000000% agree..i fn HATE GPS REPORTS!!!!! Also that bugs me as well when im mentioned in a report when it has 0to do with me

ivpvideos
IVP Videos

Post by ivpvideos » June 29th, 2012, 11:06 am

Question. On the Mooney/Gambino report I commented about Mooney being at the Baltimore Comedy Factory. Is that against the rules as I am kind of naming the spot or is that fine as it was an advertised performance?
Go to http://www.ivpvideos.com
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/IVPvideos
Follow us on Twitter @IVPvideos
Shop on Amazon by going to www.amazonIvp.com so I can make some sweet cash.

Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 » June 29th, 2012, 11:30 am

Can I ask what if it a scheduled signing at a baseball stadium or you are going to a game that you can get autographs at?

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » June 29th, 2012, 11:37 am

Just say local show. If people can piece it together, great but we don't want it being spoon fed to the masses and causing crowds to grow any more.

mishedout
Marking Out Amateur

Post by mishedout » June 29th, 2012, 12:01 pm

I agree for non published events

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » June 29th, 2012, 12:06 pm

Nicksfan23 wrote:Can I ask what if it a scheduled signing at a baseball stadium or you are going to a game that you can get autographs at?
If it's at a sporting event and on the inside, that's fine.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » June 29th, 2012, 12:10 pm

If this continues to be a problem, we won't make reports photos only as that would lessen our quality, but we will require all reports posted to be approved by one of us before it goes live.

This would enable us to control the issue, but we don't want to bring it to that unless it's absolutely essential. I am convinced our members can stop it on their own.

mishedout
Marking Out Amateur

Post by mishedout » June 29th, 2012, 12:17 pm

I also think you should password protect the reports section ( if it isn't already) as well as have a trial period for new users.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » June 29th, 2012, 12:20 pm

mishedout wrote:I also think you should password protect the reports section ( if it isn't already) as well as have a trial period for new users.
The issue with that is, we put all the reports on the main page as well, which is totally public. We toyed around with a private report section, but given that's our best content it's tough to get new people interested without having access to it.

It's a tricky thing, because making people join to see reports would increase members, but it might decreases lurkers, which we don't want to do either.