Blowing Spot Clarifications & Suspensions For Violations

Find out about updates and give us feedback. All users please make sure you familiarize yourselves with our rules. Violation of rules can result in account termination.
wewantflair
Site Admin

Re: Blowing Spot Clarifications & Suspensions For Violations

Post by wewantflair »

I wouldn't even call it a warning. It's a clarification. We love the hobby and the worst thing for the hobby is the blowing of spots.
anthonyburris
Marked Out King

Post by anthonyburris »

wewantflair wrote:I wouldn't even call it a warning. It's a clarification. We love the hobby and the worst thing for the hobby is the blowing of spots.
:clap:
YES YES YES
SOR
Full Fledged Mark

Post by SOR »

HI,

I just read CM's report which was really long and detailed and really a quite enjoyable read. Whilst reading the report though the term hippo came up approximately 10 times even when he mentioned things such as where he met the talent but was not specific.

Does it really matter if someone mentions where they met a person? I can understand being specific but is it really a huge deal if someone met someone at a hotel and mentions it in passing?

Seems very restricted.
Aware
anthonyburris
Marked Out King

Post by anthonyburris »

(This is just an example no real places were used in this)

I am meeting Charles Haley tomorrow (real event)

When I make my report can I say I met him at Target since it's a sit down signing or do I need to say hippo/spot. It's a sit down event not meeting him on street (I think I know the answer but wanna make sure)
YES YES YES
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

I cleaned up all the threads in this section as the off topic shit was getting out of hand.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

anthonyburris wrote:(This is just an example no real places were used in this)

When I make my report can I say I met him at Target since it's a sit down signing or do I need to say hippo/spot. It's a sit down event not meeting him on street (I think I know the answer but wanna make sure)
Anything signing that the name is being advertised to be meeting fans, can have the spot listed. A book signing, a CD signing, anything like that is fine. Honestly, even random meets in ambiguos places I have no issue with. If you are in Target and find Shawn Marion buying bengay or prune juice, you can mention you met him in Target. Any spot that can't be replicated for future success, like a restaurant, hoe-tel, etc. Is fine by me.
anthonyburris
Marked Out King

Post by anthonyburris »

WOODMO wrote:
anthonyburris wrote:(This is just an example no real places were used in this)

Anything signing that the name is being advertised to be meeting fans, can have the spot listed. A book signing, a CD signing, anything like that is fine. Honestly, even random meets in ambiguos places I have no issue with. If you are in Target and find Shawn Marion buying bengay or prune juice, you can mention you met him in Target. Any spot that can't be replicated for future success, like a restaurant, hoe-tel, etc. Is fine by me.
Understood now... and giggle at the prunes/bengay lol
YES YES YES