Blowing Spot Clarifications & Suspensions For Violations

Find out about updates and give us feedback. All users please make sure you familiarize yourselves with our rules. Violation of rules can result in account termination.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Blowing Spot Clarifications & Suspensions For Violations

Post by WOODMO »

mishedout wrote:so maybe you can pick which reports to put on the public page. I totally agree with Rich about mentioning names.
Honestly, as long as people obey our no blowing spot guidelines, we like having all the reports public. We love members, but lurkers still give us hits, which gives us $$$, and they lead to us getting seen by more people, which leads to more $$$ and eventually more members.

I would love more members and more incentive to join, but when people had to join, they would and make the minimum amount of posts which consisted of 3 word posts just to up their count, and then never post again, which really gained us nothing. We also had less hits during the private period, which means we made less money and had less growth.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Sadly posting isn't for everybody, and we learned you can't force people to contribute. We just have to keep spots preserved with our rules, and make the site inviting enough for new people to see us as a community they want to get involved with.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Report section isnt changing. Its fime the way it os for new members to see
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

Well, I talked to Woodmo earlier and thought I had a better understanding of why he didnt like the report that I did. Now, after reading all this and still not understanding why certain public events cannot be mentioned and others can, what minor league baseball meets can be mentioned and which cannot, etc and how one will be punished for "blowing a spot".....I will no longer be contributing reports to markedout, outside of a convention. From what I understand a convention can have detail and I dont have monitor what I say about its spot or times, etc. I cannot even do public signings as Woodmo instructed me that some of those public signings he doesnt want discussed, calling it a "blowing a spot". I have no desire to have my account "suspended" b/c unintentionally blowing a spot. And more importantly, I have no intention of writing a report that is 5 sentences and posting pics. That might be good for others, but they are not interesting reads. I enjoy reading a good detailed report and have had enough people tell me how they enjoy reading my reports. Clearly, this is an argument I cannot win here so I refuse to even engage in it. I will continue to do my indepth, detailed reports elsewhere and those who want to read them will know when a new one goes up based on my FB or twitter. If markedout would like to continue to send tweets concerning that, feel free to. But I will not be personally posting them here.

I always felt reports were a great way to share your successes with your fellow hobby enthusiasts. Now its becoming too much of a chore. :boo:
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

I dont see how its a chore at all, instead of saying Chery Street ot exact venue, just say nothing.....
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

While I do not know what you and woodmo spoke of I cannot imagine he said a public signing is blowing up a spot. As for details, I would imagine those are welcome. Just not specific names.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

CM and I did discuss a certain public event, that would blow spots we protect as a result, so I know what he's talking about. I explained the rational to him privately and if he chooses not to post reports with us that's fine. The rules are pretty clear, but if he objects to them that is his prerogative.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

WOODMO wrote:CM and I did discuss a certain public event, that would blow spots we protect as a result, so I know what he's talking about. I explained the rational to him privately and if he chooses not to post reports with us that's fine. The rules are pretty clear, but if he objects to them that is his prerogative.
public event is one thing. But CM said public signing, which is not the same thing (and something I could not imagine you would object to)
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
anthonyburris
Marked Out King

Post by anthonyburris »

Even if Jay didn't put in the name of show where he got Channing once you saw the pic of **** you knew where it was. I always try to not say where I got something unless like Dana said, it's a public event (the WWE at Cyclones game for example)
YES YES YES
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

How would they know, if they don't watch that particular show? Not everybody knows that, when it's clearly stated, then they do.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

class316 wrote:
WOODMO wrote:CM and I did discuss a certain public event, that would blow spots we protect as a result, so I know what he's talking about. I explained the rational to him privately and if he chooses not to post reports with us that's fine. The rules are pretty clear, but if he objects to them that is his prerogative.
public event is one thing. But CM said public signing, which is not the same thing (and something I could not imagine you would object to)
What we discussed is BOTH a public event AND a public signing.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

anthonyburris wrote:Even if Jay didn't put in the name of show where he got Channing once you saw the pic of **** you knew where it was. I always try to not say where I got something unless like Dana said, it's a public event (the WWE at Cyclones game for example)
If it was just a pic of Tatum....I wouldnt have wrote the shows name. But since I had a pic with Biff as well and in my story explained I was waiting for Tatum and got Biff, I figured it was useless not to post the name. One google search on Biff and you got your answers. I understand markedout wants to play ZERO role in blowing a spot and I can respect that. They view it as me posting the name brings said person 1 step closer to figuring it out. Where we differ is that I dont believe there is one person who wants to know that spot that wont make that google search and thus find it useless. But I dont have to agree with the rules....just obey them. Hey...originally, I did just write spot till I realized what I said above and changed it back to the shows name.

As far as reports, after speaking with Woodmo, I think we are on the same page...so I'll continue to post and he and the admins will continue to edit, as long as I am not intentionally blowing spots or breaking rules. Seems fair to me.
MrNotorious
Marking Out Amateur

Post by MrNotorious »

ok a few questions:

1. Its safe to say the coventions like MM coming up are ok to mention in a report?
2. for my report for when I was at the concert in Jones Beach , does that technically break the rules?
3. for signings like Brodus Clay at Roosevelt Mall, is that ok to mention in terms of mentioning the mall?
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

MrNotorious wrote:ok a few questions:

1. Its safe to say the coventions like MM coming up are ok to mention in a report?
2. for my report for when I was at the concert in Jones Beach , does that technically break the rules?
3. for signings like Brodus Clay at Roosevelt Mall, is that ok to mention in terms of mentioning the mall?
You can mention anything and everything about ANY meet that you pay for. Monster Mania, a mall, whatever.

Your Jones Beach comment was fine, you've always been great in terms of handling what to say, and what not to say. Don't worry about it. It was a random meet at a concert. Now if you were posting details about some back talent entrance at Jones Beach, where the performers exit, that wouldn't be allowed.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

It is important to note, that NOTHING has changed. There are no new rules, what you have been doing is 100% fine unless you've been contacted by us in the past.

This is just a warning to those that do the wrong thing.