Hippo or Censored Smiley

Find out about updates and give us feedback. All users please make sure you familiarize yourselves with our rules. Violation of rules can result in account termination.

What do you like better?

Hippo
60%
Censored Smiley
40%

Total votes: 15

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Hippo or Censored Smiley

Post by WOODMO »

ivpvideos wrote:Image
:grinning:

Holy shit........ :bowdown:

:shock11: :crazysmile:
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

for some reason I can't get it to show up. When I type : hippo : as you normally would, it works, but when I set that as the word filter, it just shows that,

:hippo: is how I just typed it, now as a word filter hotel

I will have to work on this, but it has to be added, it's awesome.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Sadly it seems this can't be done. I would need to install a MOD that isn't trustworthy, which isn't an option.
Heretic

Post by Heretic »

I'm new to this board, and I'm glad I checked in here. I've already been, like, ... "hippo"? WTF? Is this some new carny slang of which I'm not aware?
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

Heretic wrote:I'm new to this board, and I'm glad I checked in here. I've already been, like, ... "hippo"? WTF? Is this some new carny slang of which I'm not aware?
Its quite confusing for newbies. Hell, sometimes its hard to decipher exactly what its being censored for sometimes since it censors multiple words.

Woodmo, if you arent willing to lose hippo....how about hippo for one word and something else for another and something else for another. That doesnt solve newbies issues, but it does solve some of the confusion like JWill trying to figure out where that h0tel is.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

cmshowstopper wrote:Hell, sometimes its hard to decipher exactly what its being censored for sometimes since it censors multiple words.

Woodmo, if you arent willing to lose hippo....how about hippo for one word and something else for another and something else for another. That doesnt solve newbies issues, but it does solve some of the confusion like JWill trying to figure out where that h0tel is.
That's the point, you aren't supposed to know what's being said. That level of confusion about what the real word is, proves my method is working.

If it's clear that goose means ho-tel and turtle means air-port, why would I bother censoring at all? It would entirely defeat the purpose. I would be fine subbing SPOT for HIPPO, but the popular consensus seems to like the hippo term.

Notice in most of reports I say spot, since I like that better. The auto correct would be defunct if people refrained from using censored words. You could call it the Purple Lemon if you wanted.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

WOODMO wrote:
cmshowstopper wrote:Hell, sometimes its hard to decipher exactly what its being censored for sometimes since it censors multiple words.

That's the point, you aren't supposed to know what's being said. That level of confusion about what the real word is, proves my method is working.

If it's clear that goose means ho-tel and turtle means air-port, why would I bother censoring at all? It would entirely defeat the purpose. I would be fine subbing SPOT for HIPPO, but the popular consensus seems to like the hippo term.

Notice in most of reports I say spot, since I like that better. The auto correct would be defunct if people refrained from using censored words. You could call it the Purple Lemon if you wanted.
True. Its just we cant even figure out what is being said. Look at Burris's report.
jwill55nets
Marked Out Pro

Post by jwill55nets »

WOODMO wrote:

I agree with CM, me not knowing where the h0tel was was not me looking for a spot but it was actually in the address for a signing, it was on br0@dw@Â¥. So I agree it makes things overly difficult when it doesn't need to be.
wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair »

You guys do realize the word censors would disappear if people stopped blowing spots in their reports, right? The fact that the censored words still appear in reports basically every day only reinforces this point. Nobody wants to have a word filter. It's stupid and irritating. But people insist on writing reports with specific spots in them, so we don't have much of a choice.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

wewantflair wrote:You guys do realize the word censors would disappear if people stopped blowing spots in their reports, right? The fact that the censored words still appear in reports basically every day only reinforces this point. Nobody wants to have a word filter. It's stupid and irritating. But people insist on writing reports with specific spots in them, so we don't have much of a choice.
:clap:

Exactly like I said in my earlier post, if people weren't using banned words, they wouldn't even show up.

They suck, but it's everybody's fault they're popping up. If people stopped describing every detail of where they are, like they're describing an autumn sunset in a novel, it would be a complete non factor.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

What about if I just wanted to say "I mooched a breakfast at a hot3l"? I'm not trying to even discuss a meet in detail.

I do agree that some words need to be censored but others like hot3l, airp0rt, and fligh7 don't need to be
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

http://forum.markedout.com//viewtopic.p ... 23#p172923

Posted a sticky about what hippos are, just to keep some new members in the loop a bit.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

WOODMO wrote:
wewantflair wrote:You guys do realize the word censors would disappear if people stopped blowing spots in their reports, right? The fact that the censored words still appear in reports basically every day only reinforces this point. Nobody wants to have a word filter. It's stupid and irritating. But people insist on writing reports with specific spots in them, so we don't have much of a choice.
:clap:

Exactly like I said in my earlier post, if people weren't using banned words, they wouldn't even show up.

They suck, but it's everybody's fault they're popping up. If people stopped describing every detail of where they are, like they're describing an autumn sunset in a novel, it would be a complete non factor.
We've already debated this. I dont think if u blow a spot if u say h0tel or airp0rt.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

cmshowstopper wrote: I dont think if u blow a spot if u say h0tel or airp0rt.
Agreed with CM :cmonson:

Also, when you post photo ops I think the airp0rt pics are pretty obvious.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

class316 wrote:
cmshowstopper wrote: I dont think if u blow a spot if u say h0tel or airp0rt.
Agreed with CM :cmonson:

Also, when you post photo ops I think the airp0rt pics are pretty obvious.
Thats been mentioned before as well and still rings true.