Hippo or Censored Smiley

Find out about updates and give us feedback. All users please make sure you familiarize yourselves with our rules. Violation of rules can result in account termination.

What do you like better?

Hippo
60%
Censored Smiley
40%

Total votes: 15

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Hippo or Censored Smiley

Post by WOODMO »

This isn't a debate, we were answering a question about the term, nothing more, no changes will be made to our censors. As for certain photos blowing spots, that's the fault of poor cropping normally. Plus if it's as obvious as you claim it is, there is no need to be able to say the spot, since a picture is worth a thousand words.

I crop and clone stamp any and all distinguishing signs out of my photos.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

WOODMO wrote:I crop and clone stamp any and all distinguishing signs out of my photos.
As do I. But some settings like an airp0rt is impossible to fully crop as it's obvious.

You can say the photo is obvious which is true, but for something like an airp0rt it is annoying cause it has many non-meet uses and censoring it does little to nothing when using it in meeting reports.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

I have a fn headache...
16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times »

:rofl1:
lanza218 wrote:I have a fn headache...

This reminds me of an article I read the other day about Zoo Keepers. It said if you want to start an argument in a bar among that crowd, just get a discussion going on which is more important....public access or natural habitat.

Who cares, right ? But those guys will fight all night about it. :facepalm:
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"
anthonyburris
Marked Out King

Post by anthonyburris »

While you say oh it's at the plane place, most plane places are HUGE so you gonna have people wondering all over there in HOPE of seeing someone.. I'm with Dana here, the less that is posted the better.
YES YES YES
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

anthonyburris wrote:While you say oh it's at the plane place, most plane places are HUGE so you gonna have people wondering all over there in HOPE of seeing someone.. I'm with Dana here, the less that is posted the better.
You just contradicted yourself.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

cmshowstopper wrote:
anthonyburris wrote:While you say oh it's at the plane place, most plane places are HUGE so you gonna have people wondering all over there in HOPE of seeing someone.. I'm with Dana here, the less that is posted the better.
No he didn't. He means even without all the know how to track down finer details, people will still wander around aimlessly hoping to find people if they are told where to go. With wrestling, it's easy to find the group of fans with WWE shirts and action figures and know you've hit pay dirt.

Saying the location is worthless and only serves to blow spots up, it doesn't increase the enjoy-ability of reports.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

WOODMO wrote:
cmshowstopper wrote:
No he didn't. He means even without all the know how to track down finer details, people will still wander around aimlessly hoping to find people if they are told where to go. With wrestling, it's easy to find the group of fans with WWE shirts and action figures and know you've hit pay dirt.

Saying the location is worthless and only serves to blow spots up, it doesn't increase the enjoy-ability of reports.
I'm just trying to find some sort of happy medium here. I've pointed out 2 recent occassions, not including newbies, where its confusing to understand what is being said. Burris' story and JWill trying to get an address for a signing/convention.

People will aimlessly walk around regardless whether we say its a blank or a blank.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Like what was said last night on 3 occasions, if users don't want to see hippo used, don't use the censored words. It is a direct cause and effect, if people would get in the habit of self censoring themselves, hippos would become extinct.

As for being confused about what's being said, that is the point, and using that to knock the censors is like knocking a security system for making it difficult to break in. That's what they're both there for.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

WOODMO wrote:Like what was said last night on 3 occasions, if users don't want to see hippo used, don't use the censored words. It is a direct cause and effect, if people would get in the habit of self censoring themselves, hippos would become extinct.

As for being confused about what's being said, that is the point, and using that to knock the censors is like knocking a security system for making it difficult to break in. That's what they're both there for.
You arent understanding the confusion. How is JWill supposed to figure out the address to this signing when it says hippo in that thread for the address?!

How am I supposed to know what Burris means by "Asian Hippo" and "Let others pass on the hippos"?

I'm not talking about someone writes in a report...."I went to my local hippo today." I understand you are trying to make THAT confusing.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Well they sadly exist because people insisted on using those words in their reports. If we see an increased self censoring movement, we can scale down the censors. Until we no longer see them being needed, they'll sadly have to remain.
anthonyburris
Marked Out King

Post by anthonyburris »

Like I posted in my report, I actually typed hippo and not place that has flying vehicles. Like Dana said, if you wondering around said place and see a bunch of people with shirts that say WWE on it etc then you in right place but if you are at hippo waiting on lets say, Chris Rock, you not gonna wear a Nat X shirt. I get messages all time time after WWE comes in asking where one would have to wait etc.. if you can't tell from my pics then you suck lol.
YES YES YES
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Yeah I have had some photos that to me, make my location painfully obvious, and I'll get messages from people that are even in the hobby, that will ask "where did you meet so and so?"

Never underestimate the next man's stupidity. Even if this stuff seems like it's keeping the world from acknowledging that the sky is blue, there are plenty of jerks out there that have no idea what color the sky is, so to speak, and if these methods keep a few mongaloids as Rich would put it, from invading our spots, the work was all worth it.
anthonyburris
Marked Out King

Post by anthonyburris »

WOODMO wrote:Yeah I have had some photos that to me, make my location painfully obvious, and I'll get messages from people that are even in the hobby, that will ask "where did you meet so and so?"

Never underestimate the next man's stupidity. Even if this stuff seems like it's keeping the world from acknowledging that the sky is blue, there are plenty of jerks out there that have no idea what color the sky is, so to speak, and if these methods keep a few mongaloids as Rich would put it, from invading our spots, the work was all worth it.
:like:

Lucky here in Dallas the WWE crew is always the same, give or take for 1 or 2 depending on work. There is a small, mentally challenged group of collectors that want 100% info shared because they lazy
YES YES YES
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

anthonyburris wrote:Like I posted in my report, I actually typed hippo and not place that has flying vehicles. Like Dana said, if you wondering around said place and see a bunch of people with shirts that say WWE on it etc then you in right place but if you are at hippo waiting on lets say, Chris Rock, you not gonna wear a Nat X shirt. I get messages all time time after WWE comes in asking where one would have to wait etc.. if you can't tell from my pics then you suck lol.
Woodmo, how can you tell if someone uses hippo or uses the word and it is censored?