Hippo or Censored Smiley

Find out about updates and give us feedback. All users please make sure you familiarize yourselves with our rules. Violation of rules can result in account termination.

What do you like better?

Hippo
60%
Censored Smiley
40%

Total votes: 15

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Hippo or Censored Smiley

Post by WOODMO »

cmshowstopper wrote:
anthonyburris wrote:Like I posted in my report, I actually typed hippo and not place that has flying vehicles. Like Dana said, if you wondering around said place and see a bunch of people with shirts that say WWE on it etc then you in right place but if you are at hippo waiting on lets say, Chris Rock, you not gonna wear a Nat X shirt. I get messages all time time after WWE comes in asking where one would have to wait etc.. if you can't tell from my pics then you suck lol.
Woodmo, how can you tell if someone uses hippo or uses the word and it is censored?
If I edit the post, I see what has been typed.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

WOODMO wrote:Well they sadly exist because people insisted on using those words in their reports. If we see an increased self censoring movement, we can scale down the censors. Until we no longer see them being needed, they'll sadly have to remain.
Or you could add more mods :shrug:

Case in point when CM made his Channing Tatum report I could have edited it on the spot if I had mod status.

Instead the only thing I could do was send out text messages yelling mods (tried calling but no answer due to the fact that it was late). And it wasn't taken care of till a few hours later.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

class316 wrote:
WOODMO wrote:Well they sadly exist because people insisted on using those words in their reports. If we see an increased self censoring movement, we can scale down the censors. Until we no longer see them being needed, they'll sadly have to remain.
Or you could add more mods :shrug:

Case in point when CM made his Channing Tatum report I could have edited it on the spot if I had mod status.

Instead the only thing I could do was send out text messages yelling mods (tried calling but no answer). And it wasn't taken care of till a few hours later.
Or we could leave the censors and have no problems.

Why is this still going on? The censors exist because people keep blowing spots. The power to kill the censors lies in each member making reports, so what is the purpose of any of this discussion?

Not using censored words = no more hippo censors

Which eventually leads to:

no more hippo censors = no more word filters needed
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

WOODMO wrote:Or we could leave the censors and have no problems.
Again, they do cause problems. Me and CM both pointed out good examples of that.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

class316 wrote:
Again, they do cause problems. Me and CM both pointed out good examples of that.
I still dont think Woodmo understands exactly where the censors are causing issues. Dont think I can explain it any better on here. Maybe JWill can, since he was victimized by it.

What Woodmo sees is the need to not blow spots. The censors will always remain b/c new members join and are not familiar or may not even abide by the rules. Unless this board closes off new membership, based on the Woodmo's definition of blowing a spot, will always exist.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

cmshowstopper wrote:
class316 wrote:
I still dont think Woodmo understands exactly where the censors are causing issues. Dont think I can explain it any better on here. Maybe JWill can, since he was victimized by it.

What Woodmo sees is the need to not blow spots. The censors will always remain b/c new members join and are not familiar or may not even abide by the rules. Unless this board closes off new membership, based on the Woodmo's definition of blowing a spot, will always exist.
I get it, but there is nothing I can do about it. Word filters can't be turned off in certain boards, and I value the spots too much to do away with them. The funny thing is many of the ones you're citing, you're responsible for, as they were enacted after your Tatum report made them needed.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

WOODMO wrote:
cmshowstopper wrote:
class316 wrote:

I get it, but there is nothing I can do about it. Word filters can't be turned off in certain boards, and I value the spots too much to do away with them. The funny thing is many of the ones you're citing, you're responsible for, as they were enacted after your Tatum report made them needed.
Like I said....I didnt see and still to some extent dont agree that they blew spots. You can keep hammering me about it, but I dont have anything else to say about it.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

I actually got a very cool meet at a spot that is very relevant to the meet.

I don't think it would be blowing up a spot if I mentioned where in the report, since it is not a typical meeting spot. But next time I talk to Woodmo I will consult him to make sure it's ok. Although I think it is, especially since the spot is relevant to the meet. Sort of like getting a King Kong photo op near the Empire State Building.