There should be a "user feedback" section in marketplace

Find out about updates and give us feedback. All users please make sure you familiarize yourselves with our rules. Violation of rules can result in account termination.
class316
Marked Out God

There should be a "user feedback" section in marketplace

Post by class316 »

With all the shadiness taking place I believe there should be a sub section in the marketplace where people can leave user feedback on others. This way newer members know who to deal with with confidence and/or who not to deal with.

There could even be a "mod approved" list consisting of people 110% proven to be reliable.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: There should be a "user feedback" section in marketplace

Post by WOODMO »

Agreed. We should have at least a place where bad trading experiences are archived. I am hesitant to "approve" anyone, since that implies we are taking responsibility for the deals going through smoothly which we do not do. eBay has to take responsibility since they get a cut of the listing/completed price. We're a glorified Craigs List, but I would be fine having a "good trader" list.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

WOODMO wrote: I am hesitant to "approve" anyone, since that implies we are taking responsibility for the deals going through smoothly which we do not do.
Well that can easily be fixed with a written statement at the end of the list saying "markedout does not take responsibility for any deals"
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Im not going to approve anyone
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

lanza218 wrote:Im not going to approve anyone
Not even me? C'mon Lanza you hadn't met me and you trusted me with $125 of your money at one time. Remember that?
wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair »

I wouldn't either. The whole Burris situation should teach us something.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

I would trust you and others with my money, which is a big endorsement, but professionally I won't be approving anyone. At the end of the day, we make nothing on these deals so the trading forum is not worth the headache of approving anyone. If something gets lost in the mail even, then we're getting shit about it.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Right. But ur well known and at every NE Con at that time. How can I vouche for someone ive never done business with on a craigslist type buy and sell forum section?
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

lanza218 wrote:Right. But ur well known and at every NE Con at that time. How can I vouche for someone ive never done business with on a craigslist type buy and sell forum section?

At the time :haeh2: I'm still known now and forever as I'm NE con legend :hellyeah:
Gumby
Marked Out King

Post by Gumby »

there should be a sub section in the marketplace where people can leave user feedback on others. This way newer members know who to deal with with confidence and/or who not to deal with.
It's an excellent idea and one I've seen on other fan forums. Here's how it works:

Between the MAKETPLACE and TTM AUTOGRAPH sections there should be a section titled BUY/SELL/TRADE FEEDBACK and how it works is, say Class and Woodmo do a deal- one of them (we will say Class) would start a thread in that section,title it "WOODMO" and he would write either a simple review of their transaction or "+1/ -1 for WOODMO" depending on how the deal went. Woodmo would do the same but for Class. Now, every member thereafter who does a transaction with WOODMO or Class would then go to the BUY/SELL/TRADE FEEDBACK section, find the appropriate name and leave review.

Eventually all members who do deals will have their name in the section and with enough reviews, folks are able to get a sense of who the good and bad are (though I'm sure there'd be more good than bad here).
wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair »

Here's the thing. While the idea is good in theory and works on other forums, it's probably not necessary here, as most deals actually go down in person. Many (nearly all, really) regulars on the forum have met multiple times in real life, and are connected on multiple forms of social media. So I'm just not sure it's worth policing something that probably won't get any use.
Gumby
Marked Out King

Post by Gumby »

As Class points out in his original post
This way newer members know who to deal with with confidence and/or who not to deal with.