Forum Feedback

Find out about updates and give us feedback. All users please make sure you familiarize yourselves with our rules. Violation of rules can result in account termination.
wewantflair
Site Admin

Forum Feedback

Post by wewantflair »

Do you have a good idea for the forum? Are you having trouble with something? Is there a feature you'd like to see?

I'd really like to know what everyone thinks of the new forum software as well as the new MarkedOut.com main page. Browse through the calendar and post what you think. Add any promoters I forgot (I know there are many).

This thread is for any and all feedback you have about the new site and the new forum.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Forum Feedback

Post by WOODMO »

Yeah, please share any and all feedback with us. I am real curious what you all think of the main page and forum.
TommyHyland46
Marking Out Amateur

New site opinion?

Post by TommyHyland46 »

I put this in the arena b/c I know it'll start a fight. I know there was a lot of work put into this site, but come on, why couldn't the new "front" page just be added to the existing forum. I thought the layout and look were very good and it was easier on the eyes. THis one, you have to read more carefully, the font is weird, and it's just more challenging on the eyes, especially when you're tired. I always used to come here when I was bored and tired, but now it'll be for the bare essentials, information; thats it. I think this was a mistake and I hope I'm not offending anyone personally, though I really feel this needs to be said. The white/lightblue/dark blue color scheme sucks. Everything looks the same, threads dont stand out, nothing. It's boring. Just my opinion,but the new front page(s) with the original forum would have been perfect.

I don't wanna heal what's been broken
On the inside
Love this mess I've made
Cry is all you feel is the fear
Tear me open wide
I'm not afraid
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: New site opinion?

Post by WOODMO »

Pro Boards had so many limitations it wasn't funny. For example, I was not able to give anybody any sort of moderating power besides myself, in short, it sucked.

Secondly, we could not reap any ad revenue on Pro Boards since it is a free service, with this, we own all of the space.

As with all things, this will take some getting used to. We will also be changing some cosmetic things over time, we are just in a settling in phase right now.
wewantflair
Site Admin

Re: New site opinion?

Post by wewantflair »

I don't see why it would start a fight. The layout and the color scheme are two things that are customizable right now and in the future, but we wanted to get it working first before making physical changes.

Currently, we have 2 color schemes installed. They can be changed in your user control panel. The blue color scheme has the added bonus of allowing you to change font size. The default font size is small - fortunately, you can change the font size at will. Look at the (logout) option in the top right of your screen. Above that, you will see an A with 2 arrows next to it. This will allow you to either increase or decrease the font size across the board. It's options like these that will eventually bring the site's look completely up to par - but more importantly, we now have total control over the board's functionality, as opposed to the limited options proboards gave.

I am also looking at other skins and styles to use for the board - the possibilities are literally infinite now that we have total control. I can install many styles and they are configurable from the user control panel. Right now, we want to make sure that everything works correctly - then, we will worry about the visual component.
luiginyc84
Marked Out Pro

Post by luiginyc84 »

The only real "complaint" and its a very minor one at that is on the other board, any posts made during the current day in the "Last Post" column it would say "TODAY" in bold. It was easier to seperate the newer posts from the older posts. Is there any way to do that? Thats really the only thing.
My Photo Ops / Autographs Collection
https://www.flickr.com/photos/luiginyc84/albums
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Hi all! Allow me to introduce myself -- you guys can call me Jeff and I worked with the great admins on the new Marked Out! This next week is going to be spent doing a lot of upgrades to the forum, especially the "last post" and "users online" features. I see no reason why your wonderful suggestion wouldn't work logistically, so I'm going to give all of these a go next week. Keep any and all ideas coming!

Jeff
jmm411

Post by jmm411 »

i think it look much more organized, great job!
JUST ADD A POLL THREAD!! :P
ivpvideos
IVP Videos

Post by ivpvideos »

I would love to see an MMA section so we can discuss what is happening in the MMA world.
Maybe a sports section covering everything?
Go to http://www.ivpvideos.com
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/IVPvideos
Follow us on Twitter @IVPvideos
Shop on Amazon by going to www.amazonIvp.com so I can make some sweet cash.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

ivpvideos wrote:I would love to see an MMA section so we can discuss what is happening in the MMA world.
Maybe a sports section covering everything?
Much like Vince, I am trying to get all the Wrestling only emphasis out of this site since it is no longer a wrestling site. So I think it is a great idea to have as much room to discuss MMA as there is to discuss wrestling.
chairshot

Post by chairshot »

luiginyc84 wrote:The only real "complaint" and its a very minor one at that is on the other board, any posts made during the current day in the "Last Post" column it would say "TODAY" in bold. It was easier to seperate the newer posts from the older posts. Is there any way to do that? Thats really the only thing.
I agree with this.
wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair »

chairshot wrote:
luiginyc84 wrote:The only real "complaint" and its a very minor one at that is on the other board, any posts made during the current day in the "Last Post" column it would say "TODAY" in bold. It was easier to seperate the newer posts from the older posts. Is there any way to do that? Thats really the only thing.
I agree with this.

This is coming within the next week. It's a pretty quick fix.
wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair »

Scratch that - it's actually available now. Go to your user control panel --> board preferences. Then go to the date/time option and choose one of the "less than a minute ago..." options. Presto!
Chris
Marked Out Pro

Post by Chris »

I like the MMA suggestion and the sports. I think a section for sports with sub sections for MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, Nascar, and Soccer would be great.

Eventually there will be a diverse group of members. All wrestling will be a thing of the pat. If you create sections with sub catagories for all these different sports it will give the folks who only like a certain group a place to feel at home.

Overall I like it. After a few weeks it will be just as easy to operate as ProBoards. Just happened to be ProBoards is a really common message board so everyone is familiar with it. No reason this won't be the same in time.
luiginyc84
Marked Out Pro

Post by luiginyc84 »

wewantflair wrote:Scratch that - it's actually available now. Go to your user control panel --> board preferences. Then go to the date/time option and choose one of the "less than a minute ago..." options. Presto!
Yup. Works. Perfect. Looks alot better that way. Thanks
My Photo Ops / Autographs Collection
https://www.flickr.com/photos/luiginyc84/albums