Writing Columns for the website

Find out about updates and give us feedback. All users please make sure you familiarize yourselves with our rules. Violation of rules can result in account termination.
User avatar
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1726
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Writing Columns for the website

Post by cmshowstopper » January 2nd, 2012, 1:02 am

Forget it. I withdraw my name. This was supposed to be fun....now its just work. I understand an image standard and wanting to make sure that whatever is posted is going to rep. markedout in the manner the mods would like. However, I'm not being compensated to go through editing, reviews, submissions, resubmissions and all that. Maybe someone else will, but not me and clearly not Class.

Honestly Class, based on what I am reading....you wouldnt provide a well written article anyway. Feel free to prove me wrong, but the stuff you have posted about here in the forums are your own personal rants about subjects that most people would just be turned away from anyway. Not sure what you fighting about.
Image
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels


lanza218
Site Admin
Posts: 4284
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Re: Writing Columns for the website

Post by lanza218 » January 2nd, 2012, 1:42 am

I am starting the subsection, whoever wants to write, please feel free to- theres nothing to revise, edit, etc- write about anythinjg u want

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7128
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Writing Columns for the website

Post by WOODMO » January 2nd, 2012, 9:18 am

lanza218 wrote:I am starting the subsection, whoever wants to write, please feel free to- theres nothing to revise, edit, etc- write about anythinjg u want
Yeah, there will be no revisions or rewrites, it's just about not everything being posted on the main page every week, but everything is visible here.

User avatar
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1726
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Writing Columns for the website

Post by cmshowstopper » January 2nd, 2012, 12:35 pm

Sig wrote:what ridiculousness this thread has turned into... what are you guys expecting? A Nobel Prize for a column on a website? Either do it because you'd enjoy writing about the subject at hand anyways, or don't... I don't understand what the problem is here.
The problem is simple....I am not gonna waste my time writing it if its not being used. Exactly as you said....no nobel prizes, compensation, etc. This is for the fun of it only. Its not fun if your article left on of the forum.
Image
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

SOR
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 175
Joined: January 28th, 2011, 12:08 am

Re: Writing Columns for the website

Post by SOR » January 2nd, 2012, 12:49 pm

cmshowstopper wrote:
Sig wrote:what ridiculousness this thread has turned into... what are you guys expecting? A Nobel Prize for a column on a website? Either do it because you'd enjoy writing about the subject at hand anyways, or don't... I don't understand what the problem is here.
The problem is simple....I am not gonna waste my time writing it if its not being used. Exactly as you said....no nobel prizes, compensation, etc. This is for the fun of it only. Its not fun if your article left on of the forum.
People will still be able to enjoy it on the forum. I don't know how often i will sit down and write something but i will definetly give anything that interests me a read.
Aware


User avatar
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1726
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Writing Columns for the website

Post by cmshowstopper » January 2nd, 2012, 5:40 pm

SOR wrote:
cmshowstopper wrote:
Sig wrote:what ridiculousness this thread has turned into... what are you guys expecting? A Nobel Prize for a column on a website? Either do it because you'd enjoy writing about the subject at hand anyways, or don't... I don't understand what the problem is here.
The problem is simple....I am not gonna waste my time writing it if its not being used. Exactly as you said....no nobel prizes, compensation, etc. This is for the fun of it only. Its not fun if your article left on of the forum.
People will still be able to enjoy it on the forum. I don't know how often i will sit down and write something but i will definetly give anything that interests me a read.
I can post a rant in the coliseum if I want. I just choose not too.
Image
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

User avatar
class316
Marked Out Historian
Posts: 5688
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Re: Writing Columns for the website

Post by class316 » January 2nd, 2012, 6:06 pm

I might decide to write 1 or 2 just to see what happens.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

SOR
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 175
Joined: January 28th, 2011, 12:08 am

Re: Writing Columns for the website

Post by SOR » January 3rd, 2012, 10:32 pm

cmshowstopper wrote:
SOR wrote:
cmshowstopper wrote:
Sig wrote:what ridiculousness this thread has turned into... what are you guys expecting? A Nobel Prize for a column on a website? Either do it because you'd enjoy writing about the subject at hand anyways, or don't... I don't understand what the problem is here.
The problem is simple....I am not gonna waste my time writing it if its not being used. Exactly as you said....no nobel prizes, compensation, etc. This is for the fun of it only. Its not fun if your article left on of the forum.
People will still be able to enjoy it on the forum. I don't know how often i will sit down and write something but i will definetly give anything that interests me a read.
I can post a rant in the coliseum if I want. I just choose not too.
Yes but a rant and an article are two different things.
Aware

prowrestlingmall
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 162
Joined: April 1st, 2008, 5:58 pm

Re: Writing Columns for the website

Post by prowrestlingmall » January 4th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Sig wrote:what ridiculousness this thread has turned into... what are you guys expecting? A Nobel Prize for a column on a website? Either do it because you'd enjoy writing about the subject at hand anyways, or don't... I don't understand what the problem is here.
This...

Write or don't write...Struggling to see where the drama is coming from. I get that everyone wants to see their column posted but that isn't always a reality. It isn't in any other form of media with posted rules and wondering why it would be expected to be different here. If you don't like the rules, that's cool...Why continue to complain about them? Just agree to disagree and move on.

lanza218
Site Admin
Posts: 4284
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Re: Writing Columns for the website

Post by lanza218 » May 29th, 2015, 9:10 pm

Bump. Does anyone have any interest in this? Can be about any topic


Post Reply