Friday the 13th Memoribilia

This is the place to compare and show off your collections
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Friday the 13th Memoribilia

Post by AJLe »

I don't know if a lot of people around here do horror stuff, but one of the central points of my collection is Friday the 13th memorabilia. I use the hardcover Crystal Lake Memories book as kind of a "yearbook" to get anybody in the franchise in (kinda like many of you use the WWE Ency.), and am somewhere around 80+ sigs in the book. I also do posters and Japanese program books for each individual film. Some of the individual posters don't have a lot of names on them, but a couple are at least in striking distance of completion - well, as close as possible, since a few cast members passed away before I started collecting:

Friday the 13th (1980) - 14 sigs, only needs 2 living cast members (Robbie Morgan & Harry Crosby) to "complete":

Friday the 13th Pt. 2 - 12 sigs, only needs 2 living cast members (Russell Todd & Stu Charno) to "complete":

This is a poster of the cover art for the Crystal Lake Memories book. I used it as a poster to get all of the main Jasons on it. Although there are a few more stunt doubles and "child version" Jasons not on it, I consider it complete as-is (unless a new sequel comes out and casts a brand-new actor in the role) since it has the starring Jasons from every film on it:

This is one of my more oddball pieces - a chunk of the original dock used in the 1980 original. I did a tour of the actual Boy Scout campground from the movie last fall, and the camp sells stuff like this to raise money for the Scouts. I bought the dock piece from them, then added the screen shot and the shadowbox myself:
class316
Marked Out God

Re: Friday the 13th Memoribilia

Post by class316 »

What did that dock cost you?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

I think in person it was somewhere around $40 for the dock piece. I checked on their website, and it doesn't look like they're currently selling loose dock pieces, but they're selling framed ones for $75:

https://www.nobebosco.org/tour/shop

Another great thing about that camp tour last fall was they had a holy grail of F13 memorabilia - THE original Camp Crystal Lake sign from the movie. Obviously wasn't for sale, but just taking the photo op with it was a mark out moment for me.

Joresky

Post by Joresky »

Awesome stuff!!! Great collection :like:
16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times »

I love the board from the dock. If I visited that place, I'd have bought one as well. Great job on the frame. You know, that's never gonna get thrown out. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow, and when they went through your stuff, somebody would take that thing home !
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

The newest addition to my F13 collection is probably the most special to me, since I made it myself from scratch. It's a scale model (approx 1:24) of the barn from Friday the 13th Part 3, which is my favorite film in the franchise. Took about six months to finish, but I think it turned out pretty good.

At some point (and I've been saying this for years), I want to renovate my basement into a movie room, so this will definitely be a cool addition to that room, whenever I get around to doing it.

class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

AJLe wrote:The newest addition to my F13 collection is probably the most special to me, since I made it myself from scratch. It's a scale model (approx 1:24) of the barn from Friday the 13th Part 3, which is my favorite film in the franchise. Took about six months to finish, but I think it turned out pretty good.
Quite impressive. I couldn't be that artistic to save my life. What did this cost you to make?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

I didn't keep an exact count, since it was spread out over six months, and I'd constantly buy a little wood here, buy some more stain there, pick up some more glue, etc., but I'd guesstimate that all together it was somewhere between $200 and $500 in total cost of supplies.