Pride and Joy of your collection

This is the place to compare and show off your collections
capman
Marked Out King

Re: Pride and Joy of your collection

Post by capman »

Weird? agreed and guilty! but I do love the wrestling stuff too!

Here is my other one : Christmas Eve on Sesame Street dvd cover with frank Oz, Caroll Spinney ( big bird), Joesph Bailey ( co writer), Susan, Bob, MAria, Gordon, Joan Ganz Cooney ( creator of Sesame Street - rare to get her), and some non muppets who I met who was not on the special : Kevin Clash ( elmo), Fran Brill ( Praire Dawn) and as of Sunday , Leslie Carrara-Rudolph ( Abby Cadabba).

I should have made them do silver on the right and black on the left. Oh well. One more to go on that one.
Attachments
1new sesame.jpg
1new sesame.jpg (155.87 KiB) Viewed 17740 times
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

My Rocky Poster
luiginyc84
Marked Out Pro

Post by luiginyc84 »

Would have to be my Juventus signed Jersey by most of the key players from the 2011/2012 & 2012/2013 season. Some in person at Citi Field during a friendly in 2011 and some in Turin the following winter when I went to visit family.

My Photo Ops / Autographs Collection
https://www.flickr.com/photos/luiginyc84/albums
Luke
Marked Out King

Post by Luke »

Signed football by Alessandro Del Piero the 2006 Italian World Cup winner and legendary Juventus player. Got him after a game where probably 500-600 people lined up around the eastern grandstand and he walked around and signed for all of them. He was there for an hour and a half. True legend.
Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 »

There are a few things I love in my historical collection but two of the biggest ones were handed down to me after my Grandfather past away. The first one was a gift given to him as a member of the Kefauver Committee. He was a law clerk at the time that helped at the preceding.

The Kefauver Committee held hearings in 14 major cities across the United States.[3][4] More than 600 witnesses testified.[3][5] Many of the committee's hearings were televised live on national television to large audiences, providing many Americans with their first glimpse of organized crime's influence in the U.S.[1][4][6] Among the more notorious figures who appeared before the committee were Tony "Joe Batters" Accardo, Louis "Little New York" Campagna, Mickey Cohen, Frank Costello, Jake "Greasy Thumb" Guzik, Meyer Lansky, Paul "The Waiter" Ricca,[5][7] Virginia Hill (former Joe Adonis-Chicago Outfit messenger and mobster Benjamin Siegel's girlfriend), and four of Irish mob boss Enoch "Nucky" Johnson's former policemen in Atlantic City were also called forth.[citation needed] Kefauver became a nationally recognized figure,[4] and the committee enabled him to run for President of the United States in 1952 and 1956 (his runs failed, but he became his party's vice presidential nominee in 1956).[8]

The next was a piece given to me by my Grandmother that was given to her and my grandfather as a gift from his brother after World War II.

I know it is silly but the reason these are the Pride and Joy of my collection is because it makes me feel like this is the last connection I have to my Grandfather now that he is no longer with us and it makes me remember him telling us all of these great stories about history and things.
JunkyJeff
Marking Out Amateur

Post by JunkyJeff »

One of my all time favorites is from Adam West. I realize he does a ton of signings, and isn't that rare, however I've been a fan of his ever since I was a little little kid.

I met him once at a comic con, around 2011, this time around I didn't have the money for both a signature and photo op, so I just chose the photo op.
Waited my turn and was rushed through, oh well.

Anyway, I decided to go through his autograph line and just say Hi to him. Did my thing, talked to him for maybe two minutes and showed him a old photograph of me on my phone. The photo was of me as a kid, maybe four years old, looking SUPER sad. It was a photo of me with a fat horrible looking Batman. I was told that day that I would get to meet Batman at my Dad's company picnic. Then this fatso was there, super disappointing for four year old me.

I showed Adam the picture and explained the story and I told him how happy I was to finally meet him and shake his hand. He thanked me, and then asked if I wanted him to sign the 8x10 i was holding (I had already picked up the printout of our photo op).
Adam's booth money guy stated "No, he didn't purchase an autograph" and Adam asked me again "Do you want me to sign that?" I said "yes" and smiled. Booth guy again says "No, you cannot sign it. HE DIDN'T PAY", the Adam West looked at the guy and loudly said "WELL I'M OVERRULING YOU!".
Hahaha. So awesome.
I loved Adam West as a kid, and this made me love him even more.

This signed photo isn't the best, I feel like I look like shit in it, and I hate the look of the pro photo, photo ops, but the story along with it has special meaning to me.

Now to explain the piece of my collection I love, again from Adam West.
A couple years later Adam West was appearing at Wizard World the next state down. I saw his signing prices and figured since I got a freebie from him before, I should go ahead an PAY and get an item I want signed signed.
I found an old press photo on ebay of Batman from the '66 moving holding the bomb over his head. The photo was slightly beat up, but not horrible for its age. I liked it even though it wasnt pristine.

I know Adam West doesnt usually do long inscriptions, but I figured i'd give it a shot. I decided I'd ask him to write thr full "Some days you just cant get rid of a bomb" line. I scribbled the line on a piece of paper so I could hand it to him incase we were rushed through.
I also made sure to be first in line, i figured this would give me the best shot.

Doors for WizardWorld open and I head straight for Adams booth.
I get there and a show worker lets me know he wont be signing for about an hour. I say, "ok, thats fine, i want to be first in line, ill wait".
An hour goes by, and the line is a little bigger. The line is the told Adam is running late, and it will be at least another hour.
Most people leave. I stay.
Adam West eventually shows up after waiting for 4 hours.
He apologizes for the tardiness, but we all smile and say its fine.

I hand Adam the photo and say, "Hey, I know you usually don't do this, but would you mind.... putting the line.... "some days you just cant get rid of a bomb"
Adam looks at at me and asks, how long have you been here?
The Wizard World employee interupts and says "he showed up when the doors opened!" Adam looked at the employee and said, "I asked him" pointing to me and again asks "how long have you been here?" I responded "four hours, i would have waited longer though"
Adam thanked me and said "I'll so it for you" he then loudly said, for the rest of the line "I'm doing this for him only, nobody else, not even for my wife"
He then begins signing the photo and says "this will be a collectors item".
I made sure to thank him "thank you so much"

In all that greatness i forgot to ask him to sign the photo TO me.
I like personalized autos better than nonpersonalized.
I love this photo so much, and these two experiences will forever make Adam West one of my favorites.

As a side note, I guess Adam West almost always personalizes, he prefers to do it that was so people cannot resell his sig. I guess that makes this sig a little more rare.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Great story. Would love to see photos of the autos
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

Definitely really pleased with how this turned out. I don't know if it's the lighting from being in a different room, or the new frame, but it actually looks a lot better now than it did when it was hanging up before being completed.

BundyPicSm.jpg
BundyPicSm.jpg (55.73 KiB) Viewed 16970 times
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Hearing the stories of so many people having some unique items, figured could bump this thread. For me still my Rocky Poster
Bozarth
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Bozarth »

Here's one of them. They were all obtained in person.

Deadwood production-used pilot screenplay cover, signed by:
Pruitt Taylor Vince (Mose Manuel)
Ashleigh Kizer (Gem whore, Dolly)
Kim Dickens (Joanie Stubbs)
Brad Dourif (Doc Cochran)
Dorian Martin (Gem gold assayer)
David Redding (Davey the Gem bartender)
Timothy Olyphant (Seth Bullock)
Michael F. Dixon, Sr (assorted background roles)
Titus Welliver (Silas Adams)
Geri Jewell (Jewel)
Peter Jason (Con Stapleton)
Al Leong (laundryman in Chink's Alley)
Keith Carradine (Wild Bill Hickok)
Garret Dillahunt (Jack McCall & Francis Walcott)
William Sanderson (E.B. Farnum)
StephenTobolowsky (Hugo Jarry)
W. Earl Brown (Dan Dority)
Brian Cox (Jack Langrishe)
Keone Young (Mr. Wu)
Jeffrey Jones (A.W. Merrick)
Jim Beaver (Whitney Ellsworth)
John Hawkes (Sol Star)
Nicolas Surovy (Captain Massie)
Dayton Callie (Charlie Utter)
David A. Johnstone (assorted background roles)