Match Worn

This is the place to compare and show off your collections
overthetop17
Marked Out King

Match Worn

Post by overthetop17 »

I recently had the opportunity to get my hands on a couple match worn Hulk Hogan knee pads. Hulk does not have many knee pads saved from his career only a few matching pairs at best. While recently cleaning out some of his storage a couple singles were found that did not have a matching piece and they were made available for purchase. Throughout Hulk's career he wore a few different styles of pads, some long and more narrow like these pictured here:
hulk mega.jpg
hulk mega.jpg (61.48 KiB) Viewed 12796 times
and others that were a little more square shaped and not as long pictured here:
Hulk 2.jpg
Hulk 2.jpg (24.07 KiB) Viewed 12796 times
It is not known by Hulk what pads were worn in what matches as he did not keep track of those things like they do nowadays in sports where items such as batting gloves and such are marked or dated. He could have worn the pads in any number of matches, and a lot of them were used over and over again, until most of them got thrown out or left behind, there are actually more Hulk Hogan ring worn tights in existence than knee pads.

Below are photos of the two pads signed by Hulk, and photos of him holding each one after he signed them. At first I was hesitant to buy do to the fact that they are non-matching, but after receiving them I am actually very happy with them and like the fact that I have both styles represented. There are actually plans for Hulk to open an even larger shop at some point that is more of a museum type thing, and he is no longer parting with items like he once did. I seized the opportunity to grab these while I had the chance because it may have been my only chance, and with Hulk winning his lawsuit and really not needing the cash any longer I don't see him selling off his stuff the way he once did.
RSCN8758.JPG
RSCN8758.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 12796 times
RSCN87661.jpg
RSCN87661.jpg (91.76 KiB) Viewed 12796 times
Gumby
Marked Out King

Re: Match Worn

Post by Gumby »

Congrats man, nice addition to your collection.
overthetop17
Marked Out King

Re: Match Worn

Post by overthetop17 »

Congrats man, nice addition to your collection.
:like: Thanks!!!