To the Empire

This is the place to compare and show off your collections
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

To the Empire

Post by djknightrida »

Sometimes you find a piece that is just too awesome so pass on. I was alerted to some Breaking Bad used props that were available for sale. Unfortunately by the time I got registered at the site anything I had interest in was sold. This was within 30 minutes of the auctions being advertised on social media. Sucks as I'd of loved something from what is arguably the greatest TV show in the history of television.

I browsed the site and found they also had items listed from another show I enjoy, Empire. Although the rave of the show usually revolves around Taraji as Cookie, my favorite character is easily Jamal. Jussie Smollet's music and voice are just something I can appreciate even if there was no show. As I looked I saw what was a familiar shirt up for sale. It was Jamal's button down that was worn at the White Party in S1E8. This is one of, if not the most significant, scenes in the series for Jamal.

The auction price itself wasn't too outlanding, but on top of the sale price there was another 10% fee. All this is without knowing the exact shipping charges. After hitting a BIN at the site they invoice you with a shipping quote. The decent price was exponentially increased with shipping as I was hit with $30 shipping plus a $7 handing fee. :vaht1:

With all that said, I present Jussie Smollet's shirt worn in Lyon's Roar. One of my fav TV used pieces.

2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: To the Empire

Post by WOODMO »

No doubt an important character. Definitely a cool piece for a worn collector.

What's your end game on these things? Eventual man cave finished basement to display them?
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

WOODMO wrote:No doubt an important character. Definitely a cool piece for a worn collector.

What's your end game on these things? Eventual man cave finished basement to display them?
Ultimately yes. Would love a man cave/movie room where items like this can line the walls and hopefully a woman who will appreciate or at least put up with it. :lol:

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

Ah, forget the shirt man! My eyes are fixated :likewhatsee: on the Rey/BB8 and Finn SW Black Series on the left shelf!! Yeah boy! :like:
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

AsianDave wrote:Ah, forget the shirt man! My eyes are fixated :likewhatsee: on the Rey/BB8 and Finn SW Black Series on the left shelf!! Yeah boy! :like:
:lol: Keeping those to the characters I like which are typically Darkside. Ren masked & unmasked, Phasma, Hux, FN-2187, Rey & Old Han.

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

I just picked up a Jyn Erso and K-2SO. These things are so damn expensive, i'm waiting until after RICC to pick up the rest of the series. Maybe even place it on layaways as i'm sure they'll be on sale for the holidays.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

AsianDave wrote:I just picked up a Jyn Erso and K-2SO. These things are so damn expensive, i'm waiting until after RICC to pick up the rest of the series. Maybe even place it on layaways as i'm sure they'll be on sale for the holidays.

You wanna talk pricey, try the black series lightsabers. Have 4 of the 5. Really hoping they remake the older hard to find master replica ones like Dooku, Maul, & Windu. Might consider adding Quin Hon too, but it'd be low on my list.

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

Wow! Really? U have to send me pix of ur sabres, dude. I only have two (Vader & Yoda). I've been desperately wanting them to make the Luke and Maul sabres available again!
Resized_20161018_232229.jpeg
Resized_20161018_232229.jpeg (929.71 KiB) Viewed 17077 times
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

AsianDave wrote:Wow! Really? U have to send me pix of ur sabres, dude. I only have two (Vader & Yoda). I've been desperately wanting them to make the Luke and Maul sabres available again!
Resized_20161018_232229.jpeg
Yoda is the one I refuse to add. Ren I got at 25% off from Barnes and Noble before Christmas last year which was a nice score. The hardest one to get is Rey's/Luke's blue. Took a couple orders from Target until mine finally shipped. Luke's green is in the newest wave. You should see it in stores if you're looking. Working on a better display, when I get it settled I'll post some pics.

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

yah, i'll keep an eye :likewhatsee: out for it! Thanks for heads up!
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

Yo DJ! Lookit what I found and bought today at my local TRUs!
Resized_20161121_191345.jpeg
Resized_20161121_191345.jpeg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 16780 times
There's a sale going on all Star Wars merch for Buy One Get One 60% off. And as I was roaming the aisles, I spotted these two gems! And now....they are MINE!!! MWHAHAHAHAH....
Christmas has come early this year!! :celebrate: