The Recently Watched Movie Thread

Discuss movies you've seen or want to see
crowbar
Marked Out King

Re: The Recently Watched Movie Thread

Post by crowbar »

Saw fast 8 last night. There are some moments where the movie shines but I think I'm growing tired of this franchise. Vin Diesel is a terrible actor and the movie expects you to take huge leaps in logic just for the plot alone, let alone the action.
jabronijosh04
Full Fledged Mark

Post by jabronijosh04 »

After the announcement of charlie sheen at ww philly i watched major leauge
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf »

saw fast 8...while the last few might have been better, I really enjoyed it- it was exactly what is claims it will be- great action, great effects, some funny interaction...they keep making these, I will keep going to see them..
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

crowbar wrote: April 15th, 2017, 9:58 am Saw fast 8 last night. There are some moments where the movie shines but I think I'm growing tired of this franchise. Vin Diesel is a terrible actor and the movie expects you to take huge leaps in logic just for the plot alone, let alone the action.
I don't disagree, but I still loved it. The action scenes are just so over the top and awesome, I can overlook the obvious plot holes, lol.

One plot hole I didn't care for...SPOILER ALERT...

Jason Statham's near-instant babyface turn with Dom. The whole theme of the franchise is family/brotherhood, and Dom instantly not only bonds with the guy who killed his buddy Han a few movies ago, but also trusts HIM, of all people, the rescue and return his son? Made for some awesome scenes, but there was really nothing in the script to explain why he would so quickly gain the team's trust. Even with Hobbs, they went from wanting to kick each other's ass, they exchange one funny joke, and then they're suddenly buddies? C'mon...
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Watched Sandler's latest. Holy shit was it awful. The guy just has completely lost his way. Long gone are the days of Waterboy or Billy Madison. Hell I'd even take chuck & Larry or that's my boy. His Netflix stuff is soooooooo bad he should retire or get out of the deal.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

I liked the new Sandler film, Sandy Wexler. I legit laughed a handful of times, my only knock would be it didn't need to be over 2 hours. I would have edited it to a more concise 100 minutes.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Saw Logan finally. This might be the best super hero movie ever. Dark, gritty, good drama, low on the over the top drawn out fights, etc. The Dark Knight I haven't seen in years, so maybe that still beats this, but off first watch this might be GOAT.

Saw Colonia with Emma Watson. I expected this to be shitty TV movie quality, but it was actually a great thriller based on true events at a prison camp in Chile.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

WOODMO wrote: April 19th, 2017, 11:18 pm I liked the new Sandler film, Sandy Wexler. I legit laughed a handful of times, my only knock would be it didn't need to be over 2 hours. I would have edited it to a more concise 100 minutes.
Definitely too long. 5 minutes of that shit was too long. Only good part were the cameos.

I couldn't even finish the first Netflix one bc it was even worse.

Retirement or cancel the Netflix deal.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

djknightrida wrote: April 21st, 2017, 10:04 am
WOODMO wrote: April 19th, 2017, 11:18 pm I liked the new Sandler film, Sandy Wexler. I legit laughed a handful of times, my only knock would be it didn't need to be over 2 hours. I would have edited it to a more concise 100 minutes.
Definitely too long. 5 minutes of that shit was too long. Only good part were the cameos.

I couldn't even finish the first Netflix one bc it was even worse.

Retirement or cancel the Netflix deal.
Majority would disagree, including Netlfix!!

NETFLIX USERS HAVE SPENT OVER 500,000,000 HOURS WATCHING ADAM SANDLER MOVIES
https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment ... ndy-wexler

Also, to my surprise, it seems I wasn't alone in liking this, it actually got a positive review
http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/sandler- ... piece.html
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

WOODMO wrote: April 21st, 2017, 10:28 am
Majority would disagree, including Netlfix!!
They likely watching the older stuff like me. The Netflix run is as unappealing as the new Unicorn shit from Starbucks :likewhatsee:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Saw The Tourist with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. The film was pretty dumb and I guessed the "twist" within the first five minutes. Very superficial movie that tried to be old Hollywood with the glam and one liners, but it felt pretty weak.

Saw Get Out, which was very good. I don't love the forced diversity shit that society pushes, but it was cool seeing a movie of this type from a different cultural perspective. I don't know if it has any re-watch-ability, as I didn't get the feeling upon turning it off that it would be anything I'd ever want to revisit, but it was very enjoyable. It also had some good twists, albeit not completely shocking, but all executed well.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

saw Room with Brie Larson, damn fine film
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

Saw a matinee showing of GOTG2 today and as it wasn't like the first one where it caught everyone off guard, this was still a pleasant surprise and seemed to transition seamlessly from vol. 1 with vol. 2! And a lot more silliness this time around. Solid fun show, I highly recommend it! And make sure to sit thru all the credits for snippets.
crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar »

Guardians 2 was great. You cannot deny the talent James Gunn has. Seen it twice already.
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

SPOILER ALERT!!

Crow, have u figured out how in the hell they were able to reverse time and make Kurt looking as if he's 30 years old again! It was totally believable dude! If CGI...it was way better imaging than what they did with Rogue One!
And I thought it was lame ass cameo with Sly. Hope they ddnt have to add him just to boost ticket sales!