The Recently Watched Movie Thread

Discuss movies you've seen or want to see
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: The Recently Watched Movie Thread

Post by WOODMO » September 12th, 2017, 8:47 am

Logan Lucky (Channing Tatum/Adam Driver/Daniel Craig) - Early on, I found myself wondering who so and so was, or how so and so knew so and so, I felt it was a bit vague in making connections and kind of just jumped into things without really telling us how they arrived there, but it was very enjoyable and came together much more by the end. Great chemistry and "Oceans 7-11" kind of sums it up.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » September 12th, 2017, 9:25 am

So I caught literally 10 minutes of the Feig Ghostbusters last night. As it turned out, it was the Bill Murray segment. AWFULLLLLLLL!!!!L!@!@#!@#!@#!#!#!!@#!#!#!#!@# No wonder it was panned mercilessly.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » September 13th, 2017, 7:56 am

Sae the new IT, Ritchie was super annoying IMO, movie was ok

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » September 28th, 2017, 9:32 am

Mother! (Jennifer Lawrence/Javier Bardem) - This movie was weird. It was not a horror movie, as early trailers may have implied, and it certainly has some disturbing moments for the easily bothered. The girl I saw it with told me she would rather chew her own hand off than watch it again. I on the other hand, found it thought provoking and without giving too much away, had some real theology based content ripe for unpacking, which I enjoyed.

Brad's Status (Ben Stiller) - Solid drama about a man taking his son to visit colleges, while dealing with his midlife crisis and inadequate feelings in comparison to his old friends. Nothing revolutionary but it was enjoyable.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » Yesterday, 8:04 am

Few new ones:
Jigsaw, fine for what it was but pretty damn predictable abut the twist was good.

Thor Ragnarok I really did not care for the corny comedy throughout the film.

Hidden Figures. Highly recomend. Alot was made up just for the movie but movie was great.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » Yesterday, 10:50 am

The Killing of Sacred Deer (Colin Farrell/Nicole Kidman) - If you liked Lobster like I did, this is must watch. I would likely put Lobster above this as the point it made was more profound, but this was great as well. These films really make you think.

Fruitvale Station (Michael B Jordan) - Amazing film and great acting, this was tough to watch at parts but really important.

Daddy's Home 2 - Great follow up, I think I enjoyed it more than the first. Mel Gibson was great and stole the show for me.

Justice League - Eh, it was exactly what I expected. A step back from Wonder Woman, weak CGI and a lame villain. It fell into the same traps The Avengers and other big team up movie do, which is relying on spot-fest fight scenes. The difference is Marvel has much better effects and a more polished look. There were some cool moments though and it was fun for what it was, but I always go into comic movies and DC specifically expecting this kind of film and I never get disappointed. Aqua Man had a really cool character and I have more faith in the stand alone movie.

Thor Ragnorak - A lot of the humor missed for me, but it was solid. I liked Thor 1 more, this was good, but just not the best of the series as the hype would have you think.