rediscovering Looney Tunes cartoon shorts

Discuss movies you've seen or want to see
class316
Marked Out God

rediscovering Looney Tunes cartoon shorts

Post by class316 »

When it comes to WB cartoon shorts (Looney Tunes and otherwise), a lot of them never saw the light of day on DVD or blu ray, for various reasons. One of those reasons is because some of them are considered "offensive".

But recently I've downloaded some monster sized torrent files with 1000+ shorts of WB shorts including Looney Tunes shorts. The release tried its best to use the best source possible. These sources include rips/copies taken from blu rays, DVDs, official web streams, Laserdiscs, VHS tapes, and as a last resort when nothing better is available, TV broadcasts (those are usually tainted due to the logo of whatever channel it was recorded from).

While a handful or so shorts have some hiccups, for the most part it is incredible to once again rediscover these shorts uncensored and unaltered. Wow I can't believe it. The crazy part is most every short I remember watching them at some point of my childhood. No idea how I was exposed to so much. I'm like a kid in a candy store with all these WB shorts at my fingertips just a mouse click away. Even the (in)famous "censored 11" shorts are all there in all their glory. Some of the "offensive" scenes I distinctively remember seeing them at some point in my childhood (which is outstanding).

The fact that I remember so many of these shorts truly tells me I had a great childhood after all. I legit feel sad that kids today can't enjoy such great quality cartoons that I did as a child due to political correctness and other nonsense forced down people's throats. For instance even a cartoon short where Daffy Duck fires a shotgun at Speedy Gonzales while Speedy retaliates with a handgun would never be made or shown in this day and age. Truly sad and disappointing.

Here is a screenshot showing a sample of my WB shorts directory: https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1923/4422 ... 24eb_h.jpg

Next I want to get more cartoons of my childhood, namely the MGM cartoons such as Pink Panther, Tom and Jerry, and all the Tex Avery masterpieces! I'll probably also hunt down Popeye shorts!
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
lanza218
Site Admin

Re: rediscovering Looney Tunes cartoon shorts

Post by lanza218 »

Great use of time
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

lanza218 wrote: September 27th, 2018, 8:20 am Great use of time
You mock but it truly is.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Nope not mocking. Better to do this than earn money and save for when you are older