The Blu Rays you recently purchased thread

Discuss movies you've seen or want to see
lanza218
Site Admin

Re: The Blu Rays you recently purchased thread

Post by lanza218 » September 9th, 2016, 10:30 am

Bought the WWE Blu ray on History of Hardcore division.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » November 25th, 2016, 12:35 pm

Actually did hardly any black friday shopping. Didnt see many good deals. Picked up some wwe blurays for under $5 on wweshop, Dudleyz and Bishoff docs. WM32 and SS2016 as well

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » November 26th, 2016, 10:35 am

Picked up Season 2 of Flash, Bat v Superman, Capt. America Civil War, Deadpool, War craft, Xmen: Apocalypse all for 9.99 and under...

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » November 26th, 2016, 10:38 am

I had a pretty good haul, likely around 20 titles. Pretty much nothing I hadn't seen before, just got stuff I really liked, aside from a few. I also bought some iTunes digital codes for like $1.50-$2.00 each.

Brooklyn, Deadpool, BVS, Conjuring 2, Jungle Book, Star Trek, Kingsman, Concussion, etc. Many were under $5. Most were under $8, only one was above $10.

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » November 26th, 2016, 12:28 pm

Yah, there were quite a bit of DVDs for 3.99 as well, but I ddnt want my place looking like Joresky's where movies are piled high from floor to ceiling! :rofl:

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » November 26th, 2016, 12:44 pm

I got Batman Vs Superman blu ray for $8.99. I was going to buy the 4k version since it was $1 more in order to future proof but the 4K version didn't have the extended release in regular blu ray :smh:
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » December 21st, 2016, 11:38 am

Got few more Wwe ones for 3 bucks clearance like Rumble 2017 and rumble 2010, also home alone 1 and 2 on sale with scrogged

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 21st, 2016, 12:51 pm

I bought home alone 1/2 for the iTunes codes then sold them for price I paid. I've begun selling off titles I impulse bought or didn't like. Moving more towards cheap iTunes codes for my collection and less physical clutter

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » December 21st, 2016, 12:52 pm

WOODMO wrote:I bought home alone 1/2 for the iTunes codes then sold them for price I paid. I've begun selling off titles I impulse bought or didn't like. Moving more towards cheap iTunes codes for my collection and less physical clutter
If you want digital why not just torrent.

I get movies with digital codes and don't even bother to redeem them. Because I prefer torrent over a legal digital source.

MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben » December 21st, 2016, 4:02 pm

class316 wrote:
WOODMO wrote:I bought home alone 1/2 for the iTunes codes then sold them for price I paid. I've begun selling off titles I impulse bought or didn't like. Moving more towards cheap iTunes codes for my collection and less physical clutter
If you want digital why not just torrent.

I get movies with digital codes and don't even bother to redeem them. Because I prefer torrent over a legal digital source.
If you don't already, you can always sell those codes on ebay so they don't go to waste and have some extra money in the process.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » December 21st, 2016, 4:49 pm

MrTonyRuben wrote:
If you don't already, you can always sell those codes on ebay so they don't go to waste and have some extra money in the process.
I've tried selling them people don't want to pay much. Selling it for $2 or less isn't even worth the effort and the risk of paypal claim.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 21st, 2016, 5:09 pm

Because external hard drives die and my TV is 65" so anything less than 1080p won't do. The iTunes stuff is stored on their cloud so I don't have to worry about losing my collection again

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 21st, 2016, 5:19 pm

Also you can't legally sell digital codes on eBay. I go on forum where I buy and sell. Many codes are both iTunes and UV so I sell the UV after I claim the iTunes.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » December 21st, 2016, 5:33 pm

WOODMO wrote:Because external hard drives die and my TV is 65" so anything less than 1080p won't do. The iTunes stuff is stored on their cloud so I don't have to worry about losing my collection again
Until they lose rights and all that bull crap. Don't forget the fact that when streaming you are at the mercy of your Internet connection and their servers.

You can also download in 1080p. Use one USB for watching movies this way you are not exerting wear and tear on the external drive where movies are stored.
WOODMO wrote:Also you can't legally sell digital codes on eBay. I go on forum where I buy and sell. Many codes are both iTunes and UV so I sell the UV after I claim the iTunes.
Yea I've tried forums as well. But again more often than not hardly worth the effort and risk for the $2 most people are willing to pay

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 21st, 2016, 6:26 pm

You'll eat donuts out of the trash but not make $2? lol

I don't like torrents. Needing to seed, etc. been there done that. It's an inconvenience and I know you can, and I used to, but 1080p is cumbersome and large. Then the need to extract. I'm over the hassle when I can get mist films this was from between $1-$5

I'm liking the iTunes collection, having spent years downloading and buying physical media. This is the perfect blend of convenience and permanence for me. iTunes rarely loses licenses and since I stream music and wrestling already I can deal being reliant on internet connection.

Though I won't sell the physicals of stuff I really like. Just the mistake purchases.