Discuss movies you've seen or want to see
lanza218
Site Admin

Christopher Nolan Plans A WW2 Feature

Post by lanza218 » December 28th, 2015, 6:58 pm

By Garth Franklin Saturday December 26th 2015 09:05PM

Having spent a decent amount of 2015 taking a deserved break, filmmaker Christopher Nolan has also spent some time this year prepping for his next directorial effort which should begin filming in early 2016 for an already scheduled July 21st 2017 release.

What that film is though is anyone's guess. Beyond the date, and the likelihood of it being shot for an IMAX and/or 70mm launch, absolutely nothing is known. Unlike the likes of Steven Spielberg or Guillermo del Toro, Nolan does his films one at a time and never speculates or lines up several possibilities - when he wants to do one, he picks one and will only focus on that until he's finished.

Today it looks like the first details have snuck out through French outlet La Voix Du Nord (via The Playlist). The trade says Nolan is prepping a World War Two movie which has been inspired by Operation Dynamo. Operation Dynamo was a near-miraculous evacuation of around 338,000 Allied troops from the French seaport of Dunkirk in May/June 1940 as the German army advanced.

Dunkirk's mayor Patrice Vergriete has apparently announced the filming of an American blockbuster on location there that would take place June 2016 by "a world-famous director" with the publication's sources seeming confirming it's Nolan. The filmmaker is said to have visited there with his brother and co-writer Jonathan Nolan earlier this year. Early location scouting perhaps?

No confirmation from Nolan's reps or Warners at this point.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Christopher Nolan Plans A WW2 Feature

Post by WOODMO » December 28th, 2015, 9:56 pm

Tom Hardy tapped to star. I can't see this being anything short of epic.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 28th, 2015, 10:50 pm

Should be great yes.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 » January 1st, 2016, 8:55 pm

Tom Hardy was good in Band of Brothers so I can not wait for it. I am still waiting for them to do some updated movies on the Bataan Death March and The Battle of Guadalcanal which was a brutal battle during the war.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » January 13th, 2016, 8:15 pm

I personally don't like WWII movies as 95% of them are just victor's propaganda. I wonder of Nolan will be different but I doubt it.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/