Captain America Civil War: SPOILERS!

Discuss movies you've seen or want to see
Gumby
Marked Out Pro

Re: Captain America Civil War: SPOILERS!

Post by Gumby » May 8th, 2016, 6:05 am

Its not a sport. Thats not an opinion....thats a fact.
sport
spôrt/
noun
noun: sport; plural noun: sports

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » May 8th, 2016, 4:45 pm

Gumby wrote:
Its not a sport. Thats not an opinion....thats a fact.
sport
spôrt/
noun
noun: sport; plural noun: sports

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
Sports require non predetermined outcomes.
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » May 8th, 2016, 4:52 pm

cmshowstopper wrote:
So if Lebron just started to shave points, does that mean basketball isn't a sport? :shrug:
:dj:

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » May 8th, 2016, 6:10 pm

djknightrida wrote:
cmshowstopper wrote:
So if Lebron just started to shave points, does that mean basketball isn't a sport? :shrug:
Really?!

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » May 8th, 2016, 8:25 pm

I rewatched the film this morning. I maintain that Ant-Man's role in the fight is probably the highlight, very fun to watch. Black Panther coming out of nowhere with no idea of the backstory or anything (for non-comic readers) was a sour note for me. Captain America hand-to-hand combat scenes are always entertaining. Spider-Man was also another highlight, and the ending is great. Didn't see that coming, probably the villain with the best plan out of all the Marvel films, especially with actual consequences.

rocklandsally
Full Fledged Mark

Post by rocklandsally » May 9th, 2016, 9:11 am

great great movie...
action, jokes, more action...

new Spiderman played it great (straight out of the comics) as the nerdy, nervous, PG rated Deadpool mouthyness.. can NOT wait for full film..
Antman was super freakin duper !!!

Best scene was the little car with Bucky and Falcon whilst Cap finally kisses Sharon (soon to be his wife).. hilarious

only beef was slightly changing the actual RULES governing the superheroes that setoff the Civil War in the comics... the heroes had to have their identities revealed... I feel that would have resonated more as a slap then the 'wrists tied workign for governments' accord they made for this movie.. but I knitpick

great movie

cant wait to see again

will we see Zemo again ??? muahahahahahahaha

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » May 11th, 2016, 11:07 am

Saw this last night. Liked it but as always some very good and some very bad parts.

Zeeee Good: Obviously the action scenes. The introduction of SpiderMan and Black Panther hopefully to negate origin stories. Zemo and him not being killed.

The Great. Antman and Spidey stole the show. Bucky killing the Starks.

The Bad. Crossbones, what a waste. Too much talking and too long of a movie. Vision trying to be human. Black Panthers intro, yes it said I liked it but no back story on the costume? He just randomly makes it and fights? The indestructable Avengers. Scarlet survives 2 grenades and bucky can bend steel like a slinky....ok than.

Far from perfect but def enjoyable

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » May 11th, 2016, 1:41 pm

lanza218 wrote:Saw this last night. Liked it but as always some very good and some very bad parts.

Zeeee Good: Obviously the action scenes. The introduction of SpiderMan and Black Panther hopefully to negate origin stories. Zemo and him not being killed.

The Great. Antman and Spidey stole the show. Bucky killing the Starks.

The Bad. Crossbones, what a waste. Too much talking and too long of a movie. Vision trying to be human. Black Panthers intro, yes it said I liked it but no back story on the costume? He just randomly makes it and fights? The indestructable Avengers. Scarlet survives 2 grenades and bucky can bend steel like a slinky....ok than.

Far from perfect but def enjoyable
I agree Crossbones was wasted. He was fucking badass. Would have liked to see more with him.

Vision trying to be human, while annoying, is accurate. I just kind of felt he was out of place in the movie. This seem to be best tackled in a Vision movie of his own or just not barely introduced.

I was good with no Black Panther intro or SPidey. It worked best. This is a Cap movie. Its not a BP or Spidey or Avengers film. I thought they did a fantastic job of summing up their origins without the need to retell or tell the story. BP explained to Cap and Falcon that the BP is a warrior for Wakanda and that it had been passed down throughout the years from warrior to warrior. But now he will serve as both king and warrior.

The Widow tank scene was definitely out there. I know a grenade doesnt go off instantly, but it seemed like this one was waiting for her to get into position. The scene came off VERY unreal. I'll buy how she survives the blast, but not the whole scene.

Bucky's arm is made of vibranium. Thats how he has that power.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » May 11th, 2016, 2:11 pm

I know about Buckys arm but the rail would break, not bend like a slinky. And yes again i liked short intro but its a cheap way to get around a plot hole. Also, was there a need to have 10 code words for Bucky. Couldnt like 3 be enough???? Sounds minor but cuts 20 min of the film

mrira
Marked Out King

Post by mrira » May 11th, 2016, 4:36 pm

I didn't really like the Scarlet Witch/Vision romance. She's portrayed as a teenager and Vision appears to be at least a 10+ years older then her and it just felt sort of uncomfortable on Scarlet's side.

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » May 11th, 2016, 6:00 pm

lanza218 wrote:I know about Buckys arm but the rail would break, not bend like a slinky. And yes again i liked short intro but its a cheap way to get around a plot hole. Also, was there a need to have 10 code words for Bucky. Couldnt like 3 be enough???? Sounds minor but cuts 20 min of the film
Maybe the rail was made of vibranium? LOL!

The idea behind the 10 code words was to show the transformation. Maybe 10 was too many, but cant see how 3 would have shown the agony. Besides, 3 code words could be said accidentally together....10 is a lot tougher. Bucky's buying plums and the guy ringing him is giving directions and says Long Nine Freight Car....thats the one. And all of the sudden Bucky looks at the salesman and says awaiting orders and the salesman laughs saying have a killer day and all of the sudden a small town is wiped off the map. Not good.

mrira wrote:I didn't really like the Scarlet Witch/Vision romance. She's portrayed as a teenager and Vision appears to be at least a 10+ years older then her and it just felt sort of uncomfortable on Scarlet's side.
Agreed. I mentioned this before. It was quite weird. I figure Vision to be like a hundred years old.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » May 11th, 2016, 7:54 pm

The agony wasnt in the 10 words though. He busted out of the prison quick enough. Also who is speaking to him in Russian saying Freigh Car? The word One is worse no? The agony is the tortue they put him through to get to the transformation.

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » May 12th, 2016, 12:18 am

lanza218 wrote:The agony wasnt in the 10 words though. He busted out of the prison quick enough. Also who is speaking to him in Russian saying Freigh Car? The word One is worse no? The agony is the tortue they put him through to get to the transformation.
Yes, the torture was bad. But you could clearly see that when Zemo was reading off the words, he was begging and pleading and you could see him struggling. He didnt want to do bad things.

rocklandsally
Full Fledged Mark

Post by rocklandsally » May 12th, 2016, 8:31 am

I was amazed (sarcasm) that Bucky could run faster then most speeding cars and almost as much as Black Panther !! car chase scene before he and Cap get captured...