Star Wars. Rogue One. Discussion with Spoilers

Discuss movies you've seen or want to see
yosemitechris
Marked Out Master

Re: Star Wars. Rogue One. Discussion with Spoilers

Post by yosemitechris »

what are they going to do with leia now?

do you think they'll kill her off in the next movie (8)or will she just kinda be written out of the future movies?
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

She filmed all her scenes in VIII. I think that they'll CGI her for IX at the cost of involving her in less than scenes than intended.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

was it even a given that she was going to appear in Ep. IX?
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

She's supposedly to have a much bigger role in VIII.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

I should hope so, after JJ barely allowed her on camera in VII! The IX script is written, so it would have to be altered greatly. Obviously it's a big loss for the film, but I'm sure they'll figure something out.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

I would imagine that they'll handle Leia exactly how they handled Tarkin in Rogue One: CGI her in scenes with tons of dialogue, no action...a definite presence in the film but hardly too important (if Leia makes it through VIII)
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

yeah, i like to think Ep. VIII plays a pretty integral part of this next succession in the storyline, as they explained in Ep. VII that Leia has been desperately searching for Luke. Ep. VIII would pretty much point to their reunion after a long period of separation.
so, i would say that might be the extent of where this storyline will go with Leia, but not necessary to the following installment in Ep. IX.
take Han for instance, they've finally killed him off. Granted, rumor had it that Harrison Ford actually wanted Han to die in The Empire Strikes Back i think, but Lucas wanted him for the long haul. So, somehow writing Leia out isn't that far fetch...somewhat sad as reality of her no longer being here with us. ;o(
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

There was zero shot Harrison was doing more than one of these movies.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

AsianDave wrote:yeah, i like to think Ep. VIII plays a pretty integral part of this next succession in the storyline, as they explained in Ep. VII that Leia has been desperately searching for Luke. Ep. VIII would pretty much point to their reunion after a long period of separation.
so, i would say that might be the extent of where this storyline will go with Leia, but not necessary to the following installment in Ep. IX.
take Han for instance, they've finally killed him off. Granted, rumor had it that Harrison Ford actually wanted Han to die in The Empire Strikes Back i think, but Lucas wanted him for the long haul. So, somehow writing Leia out isn't that far fetch...somewhat sad as reality of her no longer being here with us. ;o(
I just watched a documentary on the making of the entire Star Wars trilogy. Ford himself said he always felt Han Solo should die because he felt the character wasn't that needed in the entire story. He wanted the character to die off early in Empire Strikes Back but was convinced to return for Return of the Jedi.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

He was contracted to do ROTJ, and tbh, beyond comic relief, he's not central to the story.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

I never really thought about it like that, but it's true. Han really isn't too important in the real structure of the story
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Han is one of the best characters on the OT

Disney are actually really going out of their way to ensure Star Wars validity across different media.

Saw Gerrera for instance made his debut in the Clone Wars CGI cartoon (valid under Disney's rules). This marked the third time ever a character ever made its debut in TV media and transferred over to a theatrical movie, and the first time ever from a valid source.

To boot Saw Gerrera also made his way into Star Wars Rebels which takes place before Star Wars rebels.

The other times characters made their debut in TV media are

Boba Fett (1978 Star Wars Holiday Special, invalid under the rules)
General Grievous (2003-2005 hand drawn Cone Wars cartoon, invalid under the rules)
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
Gumby
Marked Out King

Post by Gumby »

There was zero shot Harrison was doing more than one of these movies.
That's true. Ford actually worked it into his SWFA contract that Solo dies. Funny enough, he has said that in retrospect, he regrets the move and wishes he could do more.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

I don't know about that. He was contracted with options for further films. His death fit the story they were telling.