Most fustrating Video Game you ever played was...

Discuss video games and share cheat codes
lanza218
Site Admin

Most fustrating Video Game you ever played was...

Post by lanza218 »

TMNT 1. Ughhhh. I hear Friday the 13th is up there as well. Both fr the original NES
Gumby
Marked Out King

Re: Most fustrating Video Game you ever played was...

Post by Gumby »

I don't care what anyone says- old games for systems like NES are way fucking harder than anything today.

You have 1-3 lives for the entire game, no save spots and enemies can kill you seemingly just by looking at you.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

It was a transitional period, from the end of 8-bit to the start of 16-bit gaming. A lot of key techniques were learned, and put into place on the Genesis and Super Nintendo, making the games far less aggravating to play.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

lanza218 wrote:TMNT 1. Ughhhh. I hear Friday the 13th is up there as well. Both fr the original NES
The F13 game was frustrating, but in a "this isn't very good, and it's too hard to do most stuff" way - kinda like ET for the Atari 2600.

The most frustrating game that was actually good for me was Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. You'd bust your ass just to get to Tyson, then 9/10 times, you'd just get your ass kicked fairly quick. :lol:
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Friday was a bad game, developed by a horrible company (LJN). Tyson was VERY frustrating. A lot of other games left you basically helpless against what seemed like unfairly harsh mechanics. River Raid on the 2600 was pretty aggravating for me.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

TMNT1 for NES was super aggravating. I got stuck so many times at certain spots but overcame them. I did end up finishing the game. Probably would not do well if I played it today, and today's kids likely would never beat it.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Damn u did?!?!?! I was ALWAYS stuck on the level where the turtles would be captured and you drove the van around to rescue them.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

lanza218 wrote:Damn u did?!?!?! I was ALWAYS stuck on the level where the turtles would be captured and you drove the van around to rescue them.
Yep till I beat Shredder. I'm pretty sure I'd fail miserably if I tried today.

I remember getting stuck in one part where you and to jump from one platform to another in the sewer. It's like the ceiling wasn't high enough. After a loooonng time I discovered I could lightly tap the button and make the jump.

Back then no Internet to look these things up. Wow do I feel old.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets