The Recently Watched TV Show Thread

Discuss your favorite TV shows from the past and the present.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Re: The Recently Watched TV Show Thread

Post by djknightrida »

WOODMO wrote: January 6th, 2018, 11:32 am The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel with Rachel Brosnahan on Amazon may be my favorite new show of 2017. Just a great, funny watch with good acting.

She is great in everything she's done. I'm telling ya man check out Manhattan. I think it's on Hulu. Just a bunch of underrated acting including David Harbour before he blew up.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Ozark was great, Linney/Bateman as expected with really good supporting cast. Started The Gifted, not bad halfway through S1 so far. Far more my speed than say Agents of Shield or the CW shows. But then again, I've always preferred the FOX stuff.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar »

Great season of Black Mirror although I found the 'Metalhead' episode to be the weakest one.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Started on Weeds. Slow first few episodes. Picks up. Not quite sure what the fuss is over it yet though.

Caught up on a few shows I got as presents for Christmas including Med & PD. PD season 4 ending was solid AF but Med is becoming the better show. The snow car pile up episode where Choi tries to keep the guy alive to see his wife. Def tugged at me more than TV normally does.

Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

finally got around to Prison Break Season 5. First 5 eps really cool, when they are breaking out of the prison. Next two, while they are on the run, are absolutely putrid, which was largely the case with the original series. Last couple though were good, although most of the swerves were pretty obvious. I'm glad they brought it back though, and a sixth season is supposedly in the works.
Btvsp3
Marked Out Pro

Post by Btvsp3 »

Currently watching The Resident. Not really sold on it yet, but I love the cast.
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

First episode of Counterpart on Starz with JK Simmons was good, def will keep watching.
flarrow17
Marking Out Amateur

Post by flarrow17 »

Just binge watched the Gifted, I actually really enjoyed it
yosemitechris
Marked Out Master

Post by yosemitechris »

just started rewatching the old 80 mega hit KNIGHT RIDER, forgot how good and bad some of the eposides were.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Finished Altered Carbon, pretty good. Story gets a bit carried away, but good nonetheless. Nice to have something scifi that isn't Marvel these days.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Binged Chicago Fire through season 5. Wish I had started it sooner. Solid Dick Wolf show.

Finally finished Better Call Saul S3. Kinda felt disappointed on how the season ended.

Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Finished Star Wars Rebels. The ending I feel is satisfying, devoid of major shockers. I'd love to see this crew again, but I doubt we will. Likewise, it took me awhile but I finished a binge of the preceding series, The Clone Wars, which was a great show, probably the only prequel material I can watch.
Btvsp3
Marked Out Pro

Post by Btvsp3 »

Watched the premiere of Instinct. Pretty run of the mill. Alan Cumming deserves better. Also watched Deception. Fun escapist TV that you don’t have to think too much about.

Also binging Murphy Brown for the reboot.
Btvsp3
Marked Out Pro

Post by Btvsp3 »

So glad Santa Clarita Diet is back!
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Alright so I went ahead and watched most of the S10 comeback of Roseanne. I watched the original show for years, until the last few seasons became completely ridiculous. So all I heard about this show was that it was "geared" for Trump lovers, and Dufus in Chief himself proclaimed HIMSELF as the reason for big ratings. I suppose this was true do to the hype, and if so, a great move by ABC and Roseanne for doing so, and the usual professional outragers (to steal from Bill Maher) went right along with them. But once you take the wool from over their eyes, what do we have? We have a show with a lot of corny jokes, about a working class family, full of people with a variety of issues, struggles, and yes, beliefs. However, it's still a tight family, and quite frankly there's almost NO political humor beyond the first episode. I found myself hacking a bit like the old days. I'm sure having my old pal Norm MacDonald writing the show helped, but Laurie Metcalf is still funny as hell, and Roseanne is STILL the worst actress on TV! But it works, and I'm glad they brought it back, and that it's renewed.