Star Trek: Picard trailer

Discuss your favorite TV shows from the past and the present.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Star Trek: Picard trailer

Post by ICW » July 22nd, 2019, 4:04 pm

Here's the link to the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbXy0f0aCN0
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Star Trek: Picard trailer

Post by ICW » July 22nd, 2019, 4:22 pm

As a big time Star Trek fan (particularly a big Next Generation fan), I couldn't be more thrilled with this trailer. Some observations:

We know from the teaser that now-Admiral Picard led a successful rescue armada before leaving Starfleet. Naturally, everyone has speculated that the rescue armada was to aid Romulus (since Star Trek '09 established the destruction of Romulus). This trailer only reinforces that, doesn't it? It featured a *ton* of Romulans.

One of those Romulans is Elnor, who is played by Evan Evagora. The actor describes Elnor as, a Romulan teenager who is an “expert and hand to hand combat” and is “fiercely loyal to Jean-Luc Picard”. Picard essentially has a Romulan ninja as a bodyguard! That's pretty damn awesome.

There's tons of speculation on who this young girl is. Is she Lal? A future Borg Queen? Daughter of Sela? I'm really invested in this character already, specifically why she feels safe with Picard.

Speaking of the Borg, that rather cool looking Borg Cube appears to be commanded by Romulans with human prisoners? There's an internal shot of a ship that looks an awful lot a converted Borg Cube with a sign reading, "This facility has gone 5843 days with an assimilation." It appears the Romulans have somehow captured a Borg Cube -- and they've taken prisoners, including the young girl who eventually escapes and finds Picard.

It seems like the show will focus on characters who were assimilated and then brought back - Picard, Seven of Nine (!!!!), and Hugh (who was not featured in the trailer but has been confirmed for the show). I find that fascinating. Seven of Nine was/is a great character and I'm fascinated to see how she's re-adapted to humanity 20 years (or so) after the events of Voyager. She sounds different and I'm really curious to get a glimpse into how she's handled all of this -- as I am for Hugh.

We see Data and I'm really curious to see if it's *really* Data. It could be B4, it could be a hologram of Data - he does call Picard "Captain" at the end.

Troi and Riker are confirmed for the series. Stewart revealed there will be a scene where Picard and Riker meet and Riker asks him about his new crew, which Stewart describes as "motley." I cannot wait to see this.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Re: Star Trek: Picard trailer

Post by yosemitechris » July 23rd, 2019, 12:48 pm

first of all i love this trailer and all the returning guest stars, it blow my mind. i love star trek

guessing the girl is a upgraded human/borg hybrid, that they been working on for a while.

i'm guessing that they used the body of the B4 android and downloaded data into it!

i love that timeline and stories will crossover with 7 of 9 showing up and that we'll see captain riker and tori on the titan!

we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.
CF1655F3-E3E8-4CE4-8EDC-86925BF02316.jpeg