Dark Side of the Ring

Discuss your favorite TV shows from the past and the present.
Greg2600

Re: Dark Side of the Ring

Post by Greg2600 »

Nick Gage - I suppose you can say they made a semi-compelling episode out of an outright psycho, who most people have never heard of, including most wrestling fans. Gage is pretty good on camera, with Jon Moxley putting him over.

North Korea - Worthwhile from a historical "CNN" perspective. Scott Norton definitely is the star here, though it's tough to take anything wrestlers say without a grain of salt. Regardless, it's a story that had to be told and I was enlightened by it. The Scorpio/Hawk stuff was nonsense.

Warrior - Good one, the ex-wife was very believable. Shame they didn't have Sting on it, but the others picked up the slack. I mean, I always knew that he was a terrible in ring performer, but the self-absorbant craziness. Destrucity!!! The Vince letter to fire him in the early 90s was hilarious. Frankly Cornette ripped him a new one, and deservedly.

Grizzly Smith - Good Lord, was there a more despicable piece of human shit in wrestling history than this guy? Most of this stuff has been written about, but when the family retells it, boy very rough.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar »

Greg2600 wrote: June 7th, 2021, 12:30 am Nick Gage - I suppose you can say they made a semi-compelling episode out of an outright psycho, who most people have never heard of, including most wrestling fans. Gage is pretty good on camera, with Jon Moxley putting him over.

North Korea - Worthwhile from a historical "CNN" perspective. Scott Norton definitely is the star here, though it's tough to take anything wrestlers say without a grain of salt. Regardless, it's a story that had to be told and I was enlightened by it. The Scorpio/Hawk stuff was nonsense.

Warrior - Good one, the ex-wife was very believable. Shame they didn't have Sting on it, but the others picked up the slack. I mean, I always knew that he was a terrible in ring performer, but the self-absorbant craziness. Destrucity!!! The Vince letter to fire him in the early 90s was hilarious. Frankly Cornette ripped him a new one, and deservedly.

Grizzly Smith - Good Lord, was there a more despicable piece of human shit in wrestling history than this guy? Most of this stuff has been written about, but when the family retells it, boy very rough.
I enjoyed them all except the North Korea episode. I expected to hate the Grizzly Smith episode because Jake Robert's was involved but I was surprised by a lot of it
Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 »

Well Nick Gage actually worked his Dark Side "fame" into a match with Chris Jericho next week.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Plus his match with Cardona in AC. Good for him
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Pillman episodes were phenomenal. They truly make you like BPJ even more, he really had a rough life after his father passed.