Fall TV. What are you going to watch?

Discuss your favorite TV shows from the past and the present.
lanza218
Site Admin

Fall TV. What are you going to watch?

Post by lanza218 »

After seeing the ratings for this week, I am going to try Blindspot and Limitless. Muppets I already have on my DVR along with the usual favs.
oscargamble
Full Fledged Mark

Re: Fall TV. What are you going to watch?

Post by oscargamble »

I watched the premiere of Limitless. Not sure if I'm going to be as gung ho about this as some, but I will say, I'll probably watch just to get my "Debra Morgan" fix... great to see her (Jennifer Carpenter) back on TV!
crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar »

The only 'new' fall show I'm currently watching is Bastard Executioner but that's on the chopping block (no pun intended) as I'm not totally engrossed yet.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Scream Queens - Very fun, over the top, campy, basically what would happen if Glee tried to be American Horror Story. I enjoyed the first episode.

Rosewood - Not amazing, kind of cheesy, but fun and enjoyable.

Blindspot - Very good pilot episode, I really liked it.

Also will be trying Grandfathered, The Grinder, Heroes Reborn (on DVR), Limitless (on DVR), Blood & Oil and Containment.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

crowbar wrote:The only 'new' fall show I'm currently watching is Bastard Executioner but that's on the chopping block (no pun intended) as I'm not totally engrossed yet.
I planned on trying this, but I have heard a lot of mediocre comments like this about it. The premise seemed a bit spotty (kind of Game of Thrones Lite) so I am still extremely hesitant.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Same. I had to turn off the first ep about 30 min in...ill see if I want to get into it or not
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf »

will try quantico, heroes reborn, maybe grandfathered, the lawyer comedy with rob lowe and fred savage, dont know the name of it..on fence with blood and oil, will prob skip

will try supergirl also

also picking up flash this year, watched it over the summer and was awesome..

between the carryover shows, like once upon a time, nashville, survivor, gotham, plus a few of these new ones, no time for anything else..
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

Best Time Ever with NPH is glorious.

Blood & Oil is on my DVR

Truth Be Told with MPG is on my DVR

I'm considering adding Grinder with Rob Lowe and Fred Savage

Containment from CW

Legends of Tomorrow from CW....of course.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Of course Legends of Tomorrow for me too, as well as Lucifer, but those are more winter shows so I left them out.

Limitless is actually very fun, I liked it quite a bit. I feel it had the most long term potential after Blindspot.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Supergirl I am on the fence over. I partly feel like it's going to be hokey like Wonder Woman with Lynda Carter, but I am probably off. I may just give it a try.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

WOODMO wrote:Supergirl I am on the fence over. I partly feel like it's going to be hokey like Wonder Woman with Lynda Carter, but I am probably off. I may just give it a try.
Its looks AWFUL. I cant even give this one a chance.
Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 »

For older shows
Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, Supernatural, 2 Broke Girls.

New Shows
Hand of God (Amazon Series), Limitless, Life in Pieces, Scream Queens, The Grinder, Grandfathered, Heroes Reborn, Blood and Oil, Truth Be Told, Code Black, Ash Vs. Evil Dead, NArcos, Public Morals, The Muppets,

I dd not know what to put this into category wise since its an older show but they do not have the same plot year to year and its different but
American Horror Story as well
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

Nicksfan23 wrote:For older shows

New Shows
Hand of God (Amazon Series), Limitless, Life in Pieces, Scream Queens, The Grinder, Grandfathered, Heroes Reborn, Blood and Oil, Truth Be Told, Code Black, Ash Vs. Evil Dead, NArcos, Public Morals, The Muppets,

I dd not know what to put this into category wise since its an older show but they do not have the same plot year to year and its different but
I was willing to give the new AHS with Bomer a chance, but DVR conflict will not allow it and I was only mildly interested in it anyway.

New Guardians of The Galaxy premiered tonight and it was great. Will Freidle is excellent as Star Lord.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

cmshowstopper wrote:
Nicksfan23 wrote:For older shows

New Shows

I was willing to give the new AHS with Bomer a chance, but DVR conflict will not allow it and I was only mildly interested in it anyway.

New Guardians of The Galaxy premiered tonight and it was great. Will Freidle is excellent as Star Lord.
How many simultaneous records does your DVR allow? I have a Tivo which allows 4 at one time, and I actually got my first ever 5 at one time need, so now I need to record one show on my other DVR. Luckily though, Tivos can connect so I can watch from my main TV anyway.

On another note, having 5 shows on at the same time might be a sign you DVR too much TV :lol:

And on topic of AHS, I am pumped for it as always.
Nicksfan23
Marked Out Pro

Post by Nicksfan23 »

I do not DVR anything, since all of the shows are now available on Demand a day or two later. Also can not wait for Gotham season 2 with the casting of the Joker. Yeah, I was always told AHS would be a show I would like since I love ghosts and supernatural type of stories and it really is a great show. I still have to see Season 4.