Making a Murderer: Your thoughts on what happened

Discuss your favorite TV shows from the past and the present.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Making a Murderer: Your thoughts on what happened

Post by djknightrida »

For those that have seen it, what are your thoughts on Avery's guilt? Dassey's guilt?

I still feel they are both guilty. However I also don't think there was enough evidence to actually convict Avery. The lack of blood evidence in the home and garage. The lack of fingerprints in the car. The fact that the car could have easily been destroyed, yet wasn't. All huge gaps in the prosecution.

Dassey had enough confessions even if the first lawyer bungled his defense.

:shrug:
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Making a Murderer: Your thoughts on what happened

Post by lanza218 »

Avery innocent. Frame job
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Somebody died.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair »

I need to watch this already.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

I'm watching Episode 7 as we speak and it certainly looks like he was framed.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Seen it all. Think both are innocent. Although there are holes all over both sides
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

lanza218 wrote:Seen it all. Think both are innocent. Although there are holes all over both sides
I know it's not in the doc but what about the fact that on a previous visit with Halbach he wore nothing but a towel and exposed himself?

What about the fact that he requested that Halbach be the one to come out and take the photographs even after she had told her superiors that he frightened her??

The fact that he called her 3 times the day she was last seen, twice from a *67, the only one not *67'd was after she would have been murdered (ie setting up an alibi)

The cops knew he was guilty and didn't have the evidence. Still feel the right guy is in jail via wrong methods.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Wheres the proof on those? If the prosecution can lie about stuff. Why not this? Why didnthe brother delete voicemails knowing she was missing for 72 hours? Why was evidence tampered with? There are holes all over the place
crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar »

Any speculation on the guilt of Avery or Dassey is just that, speculation. I do not believe one way or another. HOWEVER, the case was handled poorly and there were so many conflicts of interest that Avery should've got off based on all the mishandling.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

The biggest travesty was Brendan Dassey's interrogation because his own "lawyer" most definitely fed him to the wolves. It reminded me of Jessie Misskelly Jr. of the "West Memphis Three." He was forced into a false confession that locked him and two other teenagers in jail for most of their lives until new DNA evidence "freeded" them (although they had to plea guilty just to be free under some crazy law).

There's a three-part documentary series on HBO called "Paradise Lost" and I 100% recommend it to anyone that was captivated (don't want to use the word "enjoyed) by Making a Murderer.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/