Disney acquiring FOX

Discuss your favorite TV shows from the past and the present.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Disney acquiring FOX

Post by Greg2600 »

I realize this deal is primarily about films and film studios, but to me there's little to discuss there. Most of FOX studios produces garbage anyway. They do have some terrific independent/smaller studios like Fox Searchlight, which I am sure will be unaffected. Marvel would get full control over the X-Men, and LucasFilm would get complete Star Wars distribution rights of the OT. That would open the door for endless and nonsensical Marvel crossovers, while also finally allowing Star Wars to be released as originally filmed in BluRay.

Key is on the TV front. This would give Disney control of Hulu, despite still looking to start their own streaming. More stomach turning to me, would be their ownership of the FX/FXX cable networks. These networks are known for risque and dark drama and comedy, and I have great fear Disney will ruin them.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
yosemitechris
Marked Out Master

Re: Disney acquiring FOX

Post by yosemitechris »

from twitter,
E9C58F58-E798-4276-96E9-EABBF59F062C.jpeg
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Yea. FXX Is really only around for ledtover FX shows and the Simpspns repeats. FX id like to think untouched
crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar »

I'm mostly concerned with what happens with the Simpsons land over at Universal Studios Orlando.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Disney bought FOX because they value their library and what they're doing. They won't be adding Mickey Mouse to the cast of Sunny, FX will be untouched.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Fx might change as a network though. Be more of Fox family like abc family over FX and original programming
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Shame it's not Walt's heirs that own and run Disney today. What an awesome force that would be.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets