The Recently Watched TV Show Thread

Discuss your favorite TV shows from the past and the present.
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Re: The Recently Watched TV Show Thread

Post by AsianDave »

ah, yuck! Get well there dude!

I never understood the appeal of Saved by the Bell or Boy Meets World and the likes...but to each their own.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

AsianDave wrote: June 20th, 2017, 4:05 pm ah, yuck! Get well there dude!

I never understood the appeal of Saved by the Bell or Boy Meets World and the likes...but to each their own.
Next thing you know you'll be talking crap on Full House or Home Improvement. For shame.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

the ONLY ep. of Full House I liked was when Uncle Jesse was jamming with the Beach Boys in his recording studio, and the ONLY ep. worth watching on Home Improvements is when Pamela Anderson was on it! hah
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

AsianDave wrote: June 22nd, 2017, 8:46 am the ONLY ep. of Full House I liked was when Uncle Jesse was jamming with the Beach Boys in his recording studio, and the ONLY ep. worth watching on Home Improvements is when Pamela Anderson was on it! hah
You may me my brother in arms against the evil on MO but we need to teach you about good 90's TV. :dj:

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

hey, I did enjoy some good tele in the 90's, just none of these absurdities you aforementioned!

to name a few I thoroughly enjoyed, in no particular order: The Simpsons, The Wonder Years, That 70's Show, Married With Children, Beavis & Butthead, Cheers, Frasier, Ren & Stimpy, Seinfeld, X-Files, Sea Quest, Hercules, Xena, The Tick, Coach, Babylon 5, The Drew Carey Show, 3rd Rock From the Sun, Spin City, King of the Hill, Batman: Animated series, Kids in the Hall, Roseanne, Everybody Loves Raymond, South Park, Buffy...just to start!
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

I like BMW but if we're talking GREAT 90s sitcoms Seinfeld and Frasier are about 50x better. It's literally not fair to even compare a kids show to classics though
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

True. Crap like Friends & Seinfeld vs BMW is like a tee ball team going up against the World Champion Cubs.

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Seriously though, BMW is great for a kid show and I've been enjoying the reviewing.

Although both Seinfeld & Friends are in my top 5 for most overrated shows ever. Dr. Who being at the top of the list.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Seinfeld you just don't get. Friends wasn't intricate really and I'll agree. I can name many better ones that don't get nearly their level of praise.
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

djknightrida wrote: June 22nd, 2017, 11:09 pm True. Crap like Friends & Seinfeld vs BMW is like a tee ball team going up against the STRUGGLING World Champion Cubs.
I edited for accuracy! :ohyeah:
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Got around to watching season seven of shameless. By far my least favorite of the series

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Binged Little Big Lies on HBO. Excellent lil series there

Also binged Brockmire starring Hank Azaria. Meh. Neithwr good or bad. Just sorta there

Fargo was ok. Season 1 and 2 miles better. 3 reallllly hammers home a certain theme. More of a thinking series

Also catching American ninja warrior here and there
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

I just started The Office, which I absolutely love. I'm on season 3. Jenna's starting to watch it, too, which is awesome.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

ICW wrote: June 27th, 2017, 11:36 am I just started The Office, which I absolutely love. I'm on season 3. Jenna's starting to watch it, too, which is awesome.

Best comedy ever even with the trail off in 8 & 9. Also the best executed series finale I've seen in a comedy

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Dunno if it gets worse than Arrow season 5. I've started and stopped on the latest season 3-4 times already because it's so bad. Not a single episode is good TV. I have like 6 eps to go and it's just awful beyond belief.