WOODMO's LOTR VIII Report

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 31st, 2009, 2:28 pm

LOTR VIII was without question, the strongest show organizationally I have ever attended. The way the rooms were split up and lines were run made for quite the fast moving and smooth convention experience.

The staff was for the most part friendly and helpful, with the exception of one creepy staff member who when Lanza and I told him we would be taking our own pictures on the superticket line made some comment asking if we take nude pictures of each other as well, or something like that. I found that in poor taste and pretty random, I see no issue in wanting someone you trust to take your pictures instead of some chuckle head who probably wouldn't get the photos 100% to your liking.

Superticket

Kurt Angle-This was my third time meeting Kurt and he was definitely not his usual self. While he seemed quite out of it, he still made sure my item was signed nicely and was polite.

Hillbilly Jim- This was my third time meeting Hillbilly and he was great as always. Class act all the way.

Zeus-What a great guy he was. He was surprisingly nice.

Billy Jack Haynes-He was very nice, a real class act.

Kamala-This was my second time meeting Kamala and he was very nice as usual. I was happy to finally get a good in gimmick photo with him.

Lex Luger-Lex was my number one superticket want and he did not dissapoint. He was exceptionally nice, standing the whole time for photos and repeatedly thanking you for coming and making a point of saying how much he appreciated all of us wanting to meet him. He was a real highlight of the event for me.

Eric Bischoff-This was my second time meeting Eric. He was alright, fairly polite. My only problem with him was during the autographs, I asked him to sign my book in blue sharpie, he says sure thing and signed it in black. Wasn't a huge deal, but kind of annoying. I found him much nicer the first time I met him.

Sabu-This was my fourth time meeting Sabu and he was the same as he always is, quiet but polite. I was very unhappy with this replacement, I understood the last minute nature of the situation but with two no shows, I felt that either A-a more suitable vendor guest should have been bought out or B- Taz should have been put on the superticket to make up for it. I understand shit happens with no shows, but I don't think the paying customer should always be the one getting fucked because of it.

Frenchie Martin-He was very nice and appreciative of his fans.

Pat Patterson-This was another top want from the superticket and he was incredibly nice. Very cool meet.

Rick Martel-Rick was great. I have been looking forward to meeting him for a while now and he did not disappoint.

Ronnie Garvin-He was alright. Not overly friendly and seemed more interested in a convo he was having than signing my item, but I have no complaints.

Sam Houston-He was a nice guy.

Ox Baker-What a character this guy was. He was really cool.

Skinner-He was a nice guy, pretty cool meet.

Vendors

Sting-Sting was a class act and looked great in the full gimmick. He made sure to sign all my items, just as I asked and even gave me a "The Icon" inscription on my poster per my request. Great, great meet.

Taz-I have heard some negative things about Taz in the past but he was GREAT. A really nice, personable guy that made sure he signed my stuff just right.

Lita-Second time meeting Lita and she was super nice yet again. She made sure all my items were signed just right and did a great job on all of them.

XPac-Second time meeting Pac and he was great just as he always is. He is always a really nice guy who is glad to meet his fans and generally tries to sign stuff the way you want it.

Nidia-wow, I admittedly always found he kind of homely during her WWF run, I really never found her that hot. With that said, she looked GREAT, definitely looked better than ever before in my opinion. She was really nice and appreciative.

BB-She was nice. Wouldn't have paid for her if she wasn't free for me, but a cool meet.

FBI-They were for the most part nice.

Debra- She was cool and looked better than I thought she would.

So Cal Val-While I didn't get anything from her, I was chatting with her while waiting for Debra and she was just as friendly as always, making a funny comment asking if I was going to cop a Fila, playing off the shirt I was wearing.

Manu-This was my second time meeting Manu and he was pretty nice.

Val Venis-He was cool once I finally got up to him, but while online he had about 3 convos with wrestlers which took up a lot of time.

Ray Rougeau-He was great as always. The $10 combo was a steal.

Do to time constraints I missed out on a couple guests I planned to get but didn't seriously need. (Kizarny, Silva, Valient, Slaughter, Dibiase and Virgil) I kept telling myself later or in some cases never saw them with all the stuff going on in all the other rooms.

My Photo Ops
http://www.flickr.com/photos/woodmo/set ... 046928892/

crossfire
Full Fledged Mark

Post by crossfire » May 31st, 2009, 5:03 pm

Great Stuff Dana!

Sucks that Chuck Polumbo's sig sucks and he signed in the wrong place in you book..but some are just like that..

Tyler
Learning To Mark Out

Post by Tyler » May 31st, 2009, 7:10 pm

Good stuff... how close are you to finishing that TNA Program? I really like the Edge/Lita poster... what WWF program are you getting signed?

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » May 31st, 2009, 7:55 pm

nice report bro

i had that same problem with a few people with the color pens- practically had to shout it to them a few times to make sure i got the right color- i actually started handing them my sharpie with the item, thats probably how i lost my silver one.

bwo4life
Full Fledged Mark

Post by bwo4life » May 31st, 2009, 9:36 pm

nice stuff there.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » June 1st, 2009, 12:10 am

crossfire wrote:Great Stuff Dana!

Sucks that Chuck Polumbo's sig sucks and he signed in the wrong place in you book..but some are just like that..
Yeah, Chuck has a celebrity on the street bad autograph.

tyler wrote:Good stuff... how close are you to finishing that TNA Program? I really like the Edge/Lita poster... what WWF program are you getting signed?
I still need the following in TNA.

Christian
Gail Kim
Jimmy Rave
Kevin Nash
Sharmell
Lance Hoyt
Karen Angle
Traci Brooks
Homicide
Hernandez
Shark Boy
Black Reign
Kaz
James Mitchell
Johnny Devine
Petey Williams
Tomko
Sonjay Dutt
Earl Hebner
Rudy Charles
Andrew Thomas

The WWE program is just a 07/08 generic arena issue promo. If you mean the program Hillbilly signed, that is a WM2 program.
Last edited by Anonymous on June 1st, 2009, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

lazye

Post by lazye » June 1st, 2009, 9:32 am

Made a comment at the show about it before you got it signed, but I love that evolution of sting poster