My Experiences and Opinion From My First Ever LOTR

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 3rd, 2008, 10:03 pm

Well I would first off like to say, I finally see what makes LOTR so great. I had always heard great things about the way they run a show, and I must agree. It was a truly great experience with a friendly and more than helpful staff, great organization and happy talent, and that really showed. If Terence and the rest of the LOTR crew keep putting on good shows, like they did today and will do in October, I will keep coming without a doubt.

And even though, as many of you know, I am in the minority in saying I enjoyed the "other" show, I really did feel a difference in this one, was a far more relaxing experience. Had I done Chiller after the other show as I did after this show I never would have been able to do it in one day.

But anyways, thats all I wanted to say. It was also nice to meet and chat with many of you from the board.

P.S. I may have the next great Virgil picture, check out his face in this shot.

bwo4life
Full Fledged Mark

Post by bwo4life » May 4th, 2008, 1:41 am

Glad you liked it. It was probably the smoothest on yet.
I think Damien Demento actually lives his gimmick.
He was was out there. LOL

m2p2001
Learning To Mark Out

Post by m2p2001 » May 4th, 2008, 3:06 am

Demento was a cool guy to meet. He talks your head off but all and all one of my favorite guest at LOTR. I also like the sign that he makes you hold for a photo op. "Who is Damien Demento" than gives a stupid look. All in all every wrestler was very nice and fun to be around and it was great seeing most of you either at Chiller or at LOTR. I had a great time and can't wait for Oct.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 4th, 2008, 4:58 pm

PoorMansMessiah wrote:Damien reminds me of the guy from night court u know the main judge harry something
LOL

I can kinda see that

bwo4life
Full Fledged Mark

Post by bwo4life » May 4th, 2008, 10:45 pm

Don't you mean Bull, the bailiff?
The big tall bald guy.

PoorMansMessiah wrote:Damien reminds me of the guy from night court u know the main judge harry something

WOODMO
Site Admin

My Full LOTR VI/Chiller Theatre Report

Post by WOODMO » May 7th, 2008, 1:47 pm

I just read Steve's and figured I would do the same as I really only gave a quick opinion on the show. I will now take the time to thoroughly examine my experiences. I also found out today my grandmother isn't doing so well and is in the hospital, in a coma, so I figured doing this now would be a good way to get my mind off things.

First off the trip wasn't bad at all. Coming from Long Island I left around 6:30 and made it in just around two hours, give or take. Before the show started I met up with some friends and than split to get on the line for pictures.

The picture portion of my report will be the only somewhat negative thing I have to say about this show. I only needed pictures for Scorpio, Gagne, Hennig and Gilberg, as I had already purchased allmy other photos prior to the show. But what I saw I must say left me a little less then impressed. Some of the selection and quality left a little bit to be desired IMO. I am not even bashing the selection of photos for the rare, hard to find guys as far as photos go, I just mean guys like Chris Masters, Booker T, Honky Tonk Man, luckily all the ones I had stuff for definitely could have been better IMO with all the items on the market to choose from. Other than that I purchased the photos I needed and proceeded to get my extra auto ticket for Barry Darsow and proceed into the convention area.

The vendors had a pretty nice selection of merchandise, although with my doing two shows that day, I didn't really have excess cash to throw around so I mainly just browsed to pass time until the first block started.

Right before the first block started I got to meet two of the men behind the highly successful LOTR shows, Terence and James. It was very nice to meet them and finally put a face to the familiar screen names here on the forum. Both were very friendly and it showed in this, my first LOTR are complete pros when it comes to this business.

The first block started and I was surprised by the quickness and efficiency demonstrated in the lining up process. The numbers were clearly and loudly announced over the hotel PA and once on the line you moved through the line quickly. I will now give my thoughts on each guest whom I got 2 autographs each from since my friend doesn't collect autographs and just came for the pictures, so I bought his autograph tickets from him and he just had my stuff done.

Typhoon-It was really cool to meet Typhoon since I was always a big fan of the Natural Disasters. He was extremely nice and I appreciated his standing up for the photo op. A first time meet for me

Chris Masters-He was fairly nice, not as friendly as the others but he was pretty cool none the less.

Steve Blackmen-He was friendly, overall another cool guest.

Larry Hennig-He was the most quiet of the bunch for me, still polite but quiet none the less. Wasn't a guy I really cared to meet, but he was nice and his signature looks good on my AWA DVD.

Greg Gagne-He was very nice, I asked about his father and he seemed appreciative of the concern. Wasn't a guy I really cared to meet but he was nice.

Mr Hughes-I was always a fan of Mr. Hughes in his WWF days so this was a pretty cool lower card guest to have on the show. I was shocked at the shape was in, he looks better now than he did when he used to wrestle. Another nice guest.

Shane Douglas- Coming into this show, he was a top 5 want for me on this card, and he did not disappoint. He was extremely friendly, I must say, more friendly than I imagined. He stood for the photo op which I always think is a nice gesture. Great GREAT guest.

Ultimo Dragon- Another one of my top 5 wants on this card and again, he didn't disappoint. He seemed genuinely happy to be there and was quiet but extremely friendly.

Coming out of that first block I finally saw and realized what everyone meant about the smoothness of a LOTR show. For the first time after a signing like this was I not worn out after the first set of autographs

Now onto second block thoughts.

Demolition and Mr. Fuji- Now this was awesome. I was always regretful that I missed the first Demolition reunion, and getting to see them this time with Mr. Fuji was even better. This may be the last time these three are ever together again for a signing and I am glad I was a part of it. Seeing Mr. Fuji walk into the convention space b4 the second block really made the true rareness of this encounter all the more real. He was frail but more than friendly, just as Bill and Barry were as well.

Ken Patera- This was another one of the guests I didn't have to much interest in meeting, but he was a nice guy and I have no complaints.

Honky Tonk Man- This was awesome, when I first saw him in the lobby I was disappointed so him with long hair and not in gimmick, but was pleasantly surprised to see him get into full Honky Tonk mode for the signing. Very friendly, cracking jokes about Greg The Hammer due to my Rhythm and Blues photo I had him sign.

Gilberg- This was a guy I couldn't want to meet any less going in, but wow was I surprised at how nice he was. He may of been one of the most friendly of the entire signing, and after seeing what a nice guy he is, I view him in a much better light now.

2 Cold Scorpio- wow, another incredibly friendly guy and made one hell of a photo op.

Damien Demento- Ok this guy was right behind Gilberg in the "who cares" category of this show going in, but he was cool. Stayed in character and with the sign made for a funny photo op.

Booker T- WOW, my top want going into this show and I never thought he'd be as nice as he was. He was great, and it was a pleasure to meet someone I have been a fan of for probably going on 14 years now.
Image Image

I will now briefly discuss the Vendor guests that I got at the show.

Dawn Marie- I had met her twice before at Turnbuckle, but wasn't entirely thrilled with the photos I had with her. So going into this show I said I would get an updated photo if she looked good, and did she ever. That shirt alone sold me on getting the updated photo and I am glad I did. She was nice as always.

Sunny- This was my 4th time meeting her and will probably wind up being my last. You can never run out of things for her but with her price increase, I think I will call it quits on getting anything else done. I got an auto and photo op.

Kevin Nash- I met him once before at Turnbuckle, and he wasn't in the best of moods due to circumstances surrounding the show and the picture I took with him came blurry, so I had to get an updated. And wow, was he worlds different. When he saw my photo which was an old picture from 1993 back when he first came into WWF as HBK's body guard he laughed and made a joke about his "cool mullet". I than got a great photo op with him. As much as this may appall some of you, he was always one of my favorite wrestlers, so getting a good photo with him remedied one of my biggest convention regrets.

The Zombie- Come on, who could pass up a $5 photo op with this guy? I ended up with two, equally as funny photos thanks to my friend Mike pressing the button prematurely. Good guy.
Image Image

Sharmell- She was really nice. Got a good photo with her and got her to sign my King and Queen promo.

All in all, it was a great time.

Chiller Theatre

I went to this show directly following LOTR after changing my mind from making a seperate trip in for it on Sunday, boy am I glad I did. I got the following people.

Molly Holly- I only had a polaroid with her, so I needed a digital photo so I sprung for it. She was friendly as she usually is. Cost me $20

Gail Kim- She looked pretty good, and was uncharacteristically dressed so figured since I cut out a bunch of guest I was going to get already I would get the updated photo op. Cost me $20

Tiffany Shepis-I honestly never heard of her but she was cute so I decided to ask her how much for a photo op, figuring I would spend $5 on it, but to my surprise it was free.

Virgil- Long story short, Virgil wanted $25 for two autographs and a photo op. I talked him down to $10.

Darian Caine- She was my "Zombie" of Chiller. I spent $5 for an autograph/her item/photo op combo.

Catherine Hicks- ALways watched 7th Heaven growing up so I had to get a photo with her. Cost me $10

Katey Sagal- Basically watched her in all her shows (Married With Children, Futurama and 8 Simple Rules) so I had her sign a cast photo from MWC and got a photo with her. Cost me $40

Joe Pantoliano- The Sopranos was the greatest show of all time IMO and Ralph was one of my favorite characters. Got him to sign my hardcover Sopranos book and got a photo with him. Cost me $20

Well thats my report, its a little longer than I, and I am sure you all hoped it would be.

Thanks for reading.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » May 8th, 2008, 3:48 pm

I remember Night Court!!
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/