I'll start off...

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
WOODMO
Site Admin

I'll start off...

Post by WOODMO » March 15th, 2008, 5:36 pm

When Chris Jericho was off from wrestling for those 2 years or so, he did a lot of other ventures, including penning his autobiography, playing (limited dates) with his band Fozzy, some improv comedy out in LA at the Groundlings theatre, and he also did a short play that ran for a weekend or 2 up in Toronto.

Well, a buddy of mine and I won a pair of tickets from a wrestling internet radio show to the play, Opening Night, so we made the 5 hour trip up across the border to see Chris in his new outlet. The trip went very smooth, and was definitely well worth our time.

Trish Stratus happened to be there, just watching her friend perform, so during intermission and again afterwards we got to talk with her and get a picture and an autograph, real cool as always.

After the show we got to see Chris also and he was just such a cool guy (also as always). He signed a couple of pictures I took from the last Fozzy show I went to, so he enjoyed seeing those, and signed them Chris Jericho FOZZY 07. I also had some other stuff that he didn't seem to mind signing for me either.

And now what's cool about this is that now that he's back on the road, the first time I saw him since he's been back, he recognized me from the show since that was such a unique fan experience back in Toronto.

So needless to say Jericho is one of my favorites, and that experience just adds to all the other great times I've had meeting him over the years...

[img]http://images.myphotoalbum.com/j/jo/joh ... .sized.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.myphotoalbum.com/j/jo/joh ... .sized.jpg[/img]

If the pics didn't load right I'll try something else.
Awesome story dude. I met Jericho once at his NYC book signing and he was awesome. He has got to be one of the most fan friendly wrestlers out.

class316
Marked Out Historian

I'll start off...

Post by class316 » March 15th, 2008, 6:52 pm

wow! Jericho looks different here!
Last edited by Anonymous on March 15th, 2008, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

lanza218
Site Admin

I'll start off...

Post by lanza218 » March 15th, 2008, 9:33 pm

Best Meet & Greet session is from Planet Hollywood, WWE Make a Wish Foundation 1992, 50 bucks a person, me and my mom went, basically, it was a walk around and you meet the vaarious WWF stars, lots were there including Savage, Taker, Flair, Perfect, Yokozuna, Tatanka, Koko B Ware, Nast Boys, Vince, Hacksaw, Backlund, Freddie Blassie, HBK, Sgt Slaughter, Virgil, and prob some more im forgetting, anyways, I met everyone except Yoko, Hacksaw, and Vince. Pics with most as WWF weren't asses about it back then

WOODMO
Site Admin

I'll start off...

Post by WOODMO » March 16th, 2008, 11:45 am

Best Meet & Greet session is from Planet Hollywood, WWE Make a Wish Foundation 1992, 50 bucks a person, me and my mom went, basically, it was a walk around and you meet the vaarious WWF stars, lots were there including Savage, Taker, Flair, Perfect, Yokozuna, Tatanka, Koko B Ware, Nast Boys, Vince, Hacksaw, Backlund, Freddie Blassie, HBK, Sgt Slaughter, Virgil, and prob some more im forgetting, anyways, I met everyone except Yoko, Hacksaw, and Vince. Pics with most as WWF weren't asses about it back then
That is beyond cool. Overall my best experience meeting someone would have to the time I met saw Mick Foley coming out of the grocery store, on what happened to be my birthday, and I went up to him and in the middle of our convo it came up that that today was my birthday and he told me to follow him, we went to his car, he opened his trunk and pulled out a copy of Have A Nice Day, signed it and inscribed it Happy Birthday. That was the nicest experience I have ever had when it comes to meeting someone.

The second best would be from outside the wrestling world, and that would be New York Giant star and future HOF Michael Strahan. I went a free signing he had maybe 8 years ago and he was great to me from the moment he got out of his limo actually making a point to say hello to me on the line. When I got inside it was supposed to be one item per person, but he ended up signing 2 footballs, an 8x10 AND my jersey which he actually called me back as I was leaving to ask if I wanted that signed as well, I also got two pics with him.

lanza218
Site Admin

I'll start off...

Post by lanza218 » March 16th, 2008, 1:44 pm

Nice to hear that a sports star was nice to his fans