Oldschoolwwwf report on Flair at ROH/ Comic con

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » June 13th, 2009, 8:17 pm

Fruitful day today.

First went to that comic show at 33rd street (the most convenient show ever, 2 subway stops for me to get there, approx 10 mins away from my apt). If you think some of the characters and smells we see at wrestling shows are bad, the comic shows are right up there. In the autograph room with some of the comic book artist signers were the Iron Shiek, all of Jasons/MGM girls from FNL, Mia St John , and a number of others I had never heard of. Very hot women although the traffic at their tables was minimal at best (and that might be an overstatement). I was there at 4:00pm. Jason and MGM can probably better answer this but I would wonder if that venue might not have been the best place for them. One might think these beautiful women might do better at a wrestling based event.

It was cool and suprising to see Marc from Signamania at the show, good hanging out with him for a while. He was there with Rain I believe.

Weird that they had Angelina in the main signing room but Velvet in the corner of another room, where you could easily miss her. Of course, I doubt the comic fans would have cared whether they were together or not, just seemed weird though.

I wound up getting 2 Iron Shiek autographs. Even though I figured I would just get them at KS next month, I decided to just knock him out once and for all at this show.

From there, I went on to meet Woodmo and Lanza at ROH for Flair. I got there at 5:00 and got on line, maybe 20 people ahead of us, although some were for Flair, some were there for the ROH show (although to me, getting there 3 hours early for an ROH show seems a little unnecesary but whatever).

Door opened at 5:30, after a ridiculously exhaustive search of every nook and cranny of my computer bag (which I keep my encyclopedia in), but no search of me at all, I got through "customs" (actually customs at the airport should be as intensive). I bought my Flair tix, got on line and was out of there by 6.

Flair was very cool as usual, friendly, and looked over my items. I handed him my own pens for each item and Flair was good enough to hand them back right away (sometimes when they don't hand them back right away, I forget and leave without my pens).

It was cool to hang with Woodmo and Lanza. They were staying for ROH but I took off after I finished with Flair. No real interest in ROH.

It was kind of rainy outside and didn't really seem like any kind of decent opportunity for any meets while the wrestlers walked in. Hopefully Wood and Lanza will have some luck after the show.

It is nice to finally be finished with Flair. I assume he will go back to WWE or travel over seas to wrestle so his signing days will likely be coming to an end.

No photo opps today, already have them with Flair and Shiek and ROH has this ridiculous rule banning digital cameras from the arena anyway. As if it weren't enough that there signs posted everywhere saying no cameras, the security guy must have told me and Woodmo at least 4 times no pictures with Flair. A little over the top if you ask me but whatever.
Last edited by Anonymous on June 15th, 2009, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chris
Marked Out Pro

Post by Chris » June 13th, 2009, 10:35 pm

Kristen Bell and Hayden Panatiere were there?

Not that I would make this trip just for them but that BigApple website is a piece fo shit. It dosen't even offer a list of all the guests.

So the wrestlers didn't go over? I figured all those horny nerds would cream at the opportunity. I gues they rather get a photo with women dressed up as Super Woman, Cat Woman, Princess Leia, or that pervert Japanese anime p*rn, LLOL.

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » June 13th, 2009, 10:56 pm

i didnt see hayden or bell; didnt seem like they were there

i agree that princess leia, supergirl, catwoman, etc would prob have done much better; maybe the wrestling women should have come in superhero costume

Chris
Marked Out Pro

Post by Chris » June 13th, 2009, 11:00 pm

I know tose pics of talia/Velvet in the superman outfit certainly get my attention ;)

I guess Bell/Hayden were on the 18th floor. I searched the web and found one report. Said the lines were VERY long and you had to get autos first then at a later time they did photos. basically the whole day is waiting for one person.

vlime286

Post by vlime286 » June 13th, 2009, 11:10 pm

Kristen and Hayden were there back in the fall of 2007. I doubt that they would do these types of shows these days. I was there, and they were on the 18th floor, with pretty long lines, while the rest of the show was on the first floor.

I was also there today and they pretty much squeezed everything on the 18th floor. The women did some business, but not much. It was a lot more people than what I heard for FNL, so I can't blame Jason for booking them for this.