City/ROH Report

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
WOODMO
Site Admin

City/ROH Report

Post by WOODMO » June 14th, 2009, 10:44 am

Yesterday Lanza and I met another friend in the city and intended on doing some star seeking and hanging out before the ROH show that night.

Sadly, due to the rain that can't seem to leave the NYC area this summer, we didn't get to do as much of either as I would have liked.

We started the day meeting one of the characters from one of my favorite TV shows of all time, Rescue Me. Steven Pasquale is a main character on this extremely entertaining show and really couldn't have been any nicer, he legitimately seemed pleased people wanted to meet him. I got a photo and had him sign my Rescue Me book.

Since the rain felt the need to shit all over us this day, that was the extent of our pre show meets.

We then proceeded to move on to the Big Apple Con, which was a site to see. As Mike alluded to, some of the sites and smells (believe you me, there were smells) rivaled those of the freakiest of wrestling fans we see at conventions. There really didn't seem to be many people buying anything, as most of the autograph and vendor folks seemed to be sitting around doing nothing. Marty was kind enough to assist me with my Terri Runnels items I didn't end up getting done the night before and I was on my way, leaving that stinkfest as fast as possible.

ImageImage

We grabbed a bite to eat afterward and dodged rain drops for the next few hours, before meeting up with Old School Mike at the Hammerstein Ballroom for the Ric Flair signing. We were quickly inside the maximum security fortress which is known as the Manhattan Center after a very extensive search. (I now know how the people at airports feel that get ID'd by drug sniffing dogs.)

Ric Flair was his usual friendly and courteous self, just as he has been all of the 4 times I've met him. I can now, without a shadow of doubt say I am totally and completely done with the Nature Boy, which is a real good feeling.

After the Flair signing we stuck around for the ROH show, which started with a nice tribute to the late Misawa. All ROH talent, including Ric Flair came out to ringside to honor him with a 10 bell salute and moment of silence.

The show was mixed with some good (Sonjay's match, the Tag match) and some bad (Necro Butcher match among others) but all in all well worth the money we spent to attend.

Afterward we met some of the guys, including my top want on the show and the one talent I would have regretted missing K/S for, and that was D LO Brown. Dlo really couldn't be any nicer and was happy to sign whatever you had and pose for pictures.

Out of all our other ROH meets, a couple other cool standout meets include Ultimate Warrior Suited Bryan Danielson.

Crew cut suited Nigel McGuinness.

And Davey Richards, one of the few ROH names that has alluded me.

Last edited by Anonymous on June 14th, 2009, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

City/ROH Report

Post by oldschoolwwwf » June 14th, 2009, 10:51 am

nice to see it worked out for you guys- great job.

THE MOOCH
Marked Out King

City/ROH Report

Post by THE MOOCH » June 14th, 2009, 12:25 pm

good job guys but uhh well i have a report coming as well...

:mooch:

Chris
Marked Out Pro

City/ROH Report

Post by Chris » June 14th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Good job. Love Rescue me and he's one of my favorite characters as well.

Great job on Flair and D-Lo too.

class316
Marked Out Historian

City/ROH Report

Post by class316 » June 14th, 2009, 1:48 pm

Wow that Warrior suited Danielson is pretty cool
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

lanza218
Site Admin

City/ROH Report

Post by lanza218 » June 14th, 2009, 2:42 pm

Ya, we had a great time, Sept 26 Bret Hart at the manhattejn center, i am in no doubt, overall show was Meh- the Sonjay/Strong and the Submission tag match outstanding, rest beh...Aries as a heel, beh, mentioned 9/11 for heel heat, terrible

WOODMO
Site Admin

City/ROH Report

Post by WOODMO » June 14th, 2009, 2:50 pm

I don't mind the 911 reference....IF and I repeat, IF, it was good.

It just did nothing.

class316
Marked Out Historian

City/ROH Report

Post by class316 » June 14th, 2009, 3:04 pm

What did he say exactly?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

ivpvideos
IVP Videos

City/ROH Report

Post by ivpvideos » June 14th, 2009, 3:07 pm

Didn't they learn the last time when homicide wished the fans we're in the towers on 9/11/2004 in jersey?
Go to http://www.ivpvideos.com
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/IVPvideos
Follow us on Twitter @IVPvideos
Shop on Amazon by going to www.amazonIvp.com so I can make some sweet cash.

WOODMO
Site Admin

City/ROH Report

Post by WOODMO » June 14th, 2009, 4:25 pm

Something about that New Yorkers aren't always tough, as it was evident on "a September day, many years ago"

On a side note, after the show this hideously fat woman, still stuck in the 60's, thinking wrestling was real, starts yelling at Aries on the street. This is basically how the exchange went.

Fat Woman- "Aries, you're a fucking homo"

Aries- "If I was a fucking homo it would be because of fat disgusting bitches like you"

I was cracking up.
Last edited by Anonymous on June 14th, 2009, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lanza218
Site Admin

City/ROH Report

Post by lanza218 » June 14th, 2009, 4:39 pm

I was not since I neded a combo

djknightrida

City/ROH Report

Post by djknightrida » June 14th, 2009, 6:35 pm

WOODMO wrote:Something about that New Yorkers aren't always tough, as it was evident on "a September day, many years ago"

On a side note, after the show this hideously fat woman, still stuck in the 60's, thinking wrestling was real, starts yelling at Aries on the street. This is basically how the exchange went.

Fat Woman- "Aries, you're a fucking homo"

Aries- "If I was a fucking homo it would be because of fat disgusting bitches like you"

I was cracking up.
Classic stroy. Looks like a very friuitful day